PDA

View Full Version : Mag questions...please help

Warrior
02-21-2004, 01:06 PM
I bought my Mag in '93. I still have it and was playing on tourney teams until '97. I have only played about once or twice a year since '97.
Needless to say the sport has change dramatically!!!
Paint prices have dropped and people are talking about Mags in a language I a struggling to pick up.
Please LMK what these terms mean in a nice way please. I am getting back into the sport and feel like a noob.
What is the difference in:
classic valve
retro valve
heck..rank the valves for me please from best to worst

What is ULE? What does it do?

I have a 7year old stock Micromag that needs updgrading...What are your suggestions.
Thanks...Rich

Duck Hunt
02-21-2004, 09:17 PM
The X valve is the fastest lightest valve. Most people upgrade to that and I think the RT valve is the same thing only heavier, the Xvalve is aluminum.

ULE is Ultra Light Engineering. Anything ULE is made out of aluminum, making it lighter. ULE bodys, ULT is an ultra light trigger kit.

Check out http://www.airgun.com its the main site should have good info.

Sean

Warrior
02-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Thank you very much Duck!
Things are already making more sense now.

tyrion2323
02-22-2004, 01:55 AM
I'll attempt to recap:

Valves:
The RT valve evolved into the xValve, which has a Level 10 built into it. It is made of aluminum, is amazingly fast, and is nice and light.

The Level 10 is a mechanical anti-chop bolt which absolutely won't break paint when tuned correctly. It's a drop-in upgrade.

The ULT is the Ultra Light Trigger, which reduces the trigger pull from about 3 pounds to 15oz. This makes it easier and quicker to pull the trigger and fire off rounds.

ULE means that things have been made from aluminum, which makes them lighter and also allows them to be milled and anodized to different colors.

ACE stands for Anti-Chop Eyes. Most 'mags with L10 (Level 10) don't have/need them, but xMags and some eMags use them just as secondary anti-chop systems.

Most of us here don't support Smart Parts based on their business actions. They are now claiming that they have rights to all electronic markers on the martket since they patended the Shocker 10 years ago. They, of course, didn't enforce this patent until the Electro marker was up and running full force.

Hope I helped.

Jacob

member#10,261
02-22-2004, 02:13 AM
Dude listin to Jacob, he knows what he is talking about, and he is a good guy.

He priddy much said everything ther is to say.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
02-22-2004, 02:52 AM
picking up a issue of pb2x will help you get back to date with paintball!

Ratzo
02-22-2004, 03:39 AM
I have an X-Valve installed in my MicroMag and it rocks.

Warrior
02-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey guys,
thanks for the info. I did pick up a magazine at barnes n noble but there wasn't much Automag info in it if any. So I should be looking for an Xvalve if I am reading this right. What am I expecting to pay for Xvalve?
Thanks again for the info. The minimag has a right side PF on it for lefties. Do you guys have any ideas as to where I could buy/trade for a left sided hopper PF?
Thanks again...very helpful
Rich

Joni
02-22-2004, 05:41 PM
If your going to get a new body, get a ULE body instead. Lighter, better looking and vert feed

felony
02-22-2004, 06:04 PM
if you are lookin to make your automag into something very very fast, look into getting the x-valve like others have said.

if you have a valve already IE classic, you can do the upgrade program i believe via the agd store. With that you get an extremly fast marker, but the trigger is still fairly hard. you can then get a ULT trigger kit (ultra light trigger) and that will bring your markers trigger pull weight to something very very light. you will have probably the fastes mech gun on the market

To lighten up the rest of you gun, look into ULE parts. the body is made my AGD with nicer designs by nicad and some others. New and fancy rails have been made to make your marker even lighter as well.

hope that helps some

dan

Warrior
02-22-2004, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the information
I think I will look into the upgrade to existing valve. I did learn about the ULT...what is different when they say ULE trigger, or is it the same thing.
I can also see this is gonna cost some green $$$.
Better start stashing money from the spouse so she doesn't suspect...............

Mag Master 04
02-22-2004, 07:26 PM
yur ina great place here im sure you know by now, when u got questions, we got answers and stashing green away from yur spouse is a good thing...i think that you will find me /AO as the little devil on yur left shoulder...:p

Lohman446
02-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Pause... before you get into this too far. By the time you are done with your upgarding your mag you are going to have some costs into it

$225 - new X valve, this is the trade in price, add $100 with no trade
+$125 Intelliframe - this is the dual trigger to have for mechanical mags, I had a benchmark, thing was a POS
+125 ULE body

$475 - now click one of those banner adds and buy the whole marker with those upgrades for like $515 and sell your minimag, or keep it as backup,.