PDA

View Full Version : Valve pressure? Or ...something

trains are bad
02-21-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm buying my first mag, a classic. I am forced to run CO2.

I am used to setting up spyders and tippmanns. What I do is get a medium or low operating pressure and get the marker so it runs on like 400psi or something, regardless of efficiency. That way the marker (regged or double regged) gets a constant supply until the CO2 drops below that. And you can shoot a lot before the marker actually shoots down. Ex. my BLM runs on quite low pressure. You can dump several hoppers until the CO2 tank is ice cold and it still chronos the same. Because it's still getting it's 300psi or whatever (I'm not big on guages).

I'm hearing that Mags need a 700psi input or so. So with CO2 my reg is only going to act like a reg until you get on the trigger and the tank chills to below 700psi. Then it's gonna be a fancy gas-through.

But I understand the Mag has a built in reg. So to the actual question: what is the pressure in the 'chamber' or whatever downstream of the valve. What the built in reg in the classic valve actually regs to. Of course this depends on you chrono setting and barrel length, but ballpark here.

RRfireblade
02-21-2004, 10:23 PM
The classic valved non LX reg runs at around 400psi and you should feed it at least 600psi or more.

Adding LX raises that to somewhere around 600psi internal depending on how the LX is set up.

You really gain nothing by double regging a Mag unless it's an HPA reg at 800+.

trains are bad
02-22-2004, 08:05 PM
You really gain nothing by double regging a Mag unless it's an HPA reg at 800+.

But it would still be good to run a stabilizer @~750 or whatever if you were going to run CO2 right? Since HPA is regulated. I guess that could be 'double regging' if you include the valve.

RRfireblade
02-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Hmm,your better of to just run an expansion chamber w/ anti siphon unless your really having a prob sucking liquid.

You'd like to have 200-300psi to feed each reg,CO2@~900 regged into ~750psi @ Reg #1 then regged into ~400-600psi @ the Mag(depending on L10 or not)is alot of close 'regging' IMO,and probably going to add up to slow recharge and irratic pressures IMO.