PDA

View Full Version : Safteys

jas142
09-20-2001, 03:45 PM
I've heard it's pretty common for mag owners to remove thier saftey. This is obviously very dangerous, but does it actually even help with anything? why do they do it?

FeelTheRT
09-20-2001, 03:57 PM
no, it does not do anything, some people are just retarded.

XspyX
09-20-2001, 04:38 PM
Retarded? I tapped out my safety for one reason...it makes the pull smoother.

Flip540
09-20-2001, 05:09 PM
ehh...can you please explain how it would make your trigger pull smoother?

Restola
09-20-2001, 06:06 PM
i would never take out my safety. i play with my trigger 24-7 when im carrying my marker. its always pointed in a safe direction, but it would still be embarassing (and dangerous) to have it fire in an area where people dont have their masks on.

FaSSt
09-20-2001, 08:17 PM
Ona stock Mag frame, the safety does not couse any problems. But on some aftermarket frames, such as the Benchmark, the safety is too easy to accidentaly engage during the game.

On some guns, some of the little pins or things that retain the safety are too easy to loose or break on disassembly, so they are not replaced.

Overall, keep your finger off the trigger, use a barrel condom, and you'll be fine. Don't play with the trigger like someone above suggested - this is just a bad idea.

I have never had an accidental discharge, because I don't get complacent, and I never take safety for granted. Although a paintball marker is not a gun, it's a good idea to treat it like one from a safety standpoint.

PaintGuy89
09-20-2001, 08:58 PM
I have thought of removing my safety on my Benchmark frame because its the kind you pull it out to take off the safety. Reason I think of removing it is because during rapid fire it will sometimes go back in and put the gun on safety and sometimes it has happened at the most unconvinient times. But I most likely will keep it just for safety reasons.

Restola
09-20-2001, 08:59 PM
i was certainly NOT suggesting that people play with the triggers. i merely stated that i do so i would never take my safety out.

the123
09-21-2001, 07:49 AM
i'm about to nix my safety on my e-mag too
it's really easy to to turn the safety on, but near impossible to turn off with your finger.
You have to use a tool to get enough pressure on that safety button to get it off. I sent it to AGD but they didn't fix it.

Thordic
09-21-2001, 11:41 AM
I had to tap mine out in the middle of a game on my stock frame...

The frame is old and dying, but thats besides the point.

I was shooting, shooting, shooting, and then, all of a sudden, trigger won't pull. The safety was engaged, and turned around upside down so that the safety couldn't be released. I had to crawl behind a bunker and hammer the damn thing out with an allen wrench and a maglite. But at least I didn't have to eliminate myself from the game :)

Hopefully the safety on that new Intelliframe I'm getting is much better :)