PDA

View Full Version : What is the philosophy behind the rail + body design?

Magglerock
02-22-2004, 12:51 PM
What is the point of a seperate rail and body? If the X-mag doesn't need a rail, why does the rest of AGD's line?

Gabriel
02-22-2004, 12:59 PM
good question. I like the no rail idea as well. The micro mags all are uni-bodied designs, right?

RRfireblade
02-22-2004, 01:04 PM
'Cause at the time,there's no way your milling stainless steel into that complex a body design.SS tube on a simple rail,for a much easier and cost effective way to mass produce with simple milling tools.

tyrion2323
02-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Benefits with a rail:

Can switch out your valve sear. Can switch out your foregrip. Can switch bodies if you like.

Jacob

tony3
02-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Jacob, I don't understand any of those statements. You can switch out on xmags, just unscrew the sear pin and it comes out. If someone made a body+rail combo. Then they could drill and tap a hole in the body where you could add a vertical adapter like on most high end guns, like imps and angels. Also, if you wanted a new body, you could just buy a new body that already includes the rail. The rail needs to go now that agd is working mostly with aluminum.

Magglerock
02-22-2004, 03:55 PM
that are coming out of the Deadly Wind camp, you wonder why AGD hasn't ditched the whole tube + rails philosophy. Its really anachronistic (I mean, its over a decade old). If the Karta body was available with an integrated rail and came standard on the RTP, they wouldn't be able to keep them on the shelves.

tyrion2323
02-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Tony,

Didn't know that about xMags. Well, I guess there aren't any benefits to keeping the rail...

I also agree that if you slapped a Karta body on the RTP for the same price - that would take a LOT of generosity on the part of Nicad - and did some marketing - automags would be flying off the freakin shelves.

Any way this could happen, Tom? Nicad?