PDA

View Full Version : How do i degas my marker?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
02-22-2004, 01:08 PM
When i'm done playing i can't seem to degas my marker. On the tank i turn the thing off but there is still air in the macro hose and lvl 10. I dry fire as much as i can until it won't fire. But, i can't get the macro hose off. There is still gas in it and i don't know how to get it out.

I attempted to take out the lvl10 and get out air but that didnt work too well. something went flying out of my valve and the spring shot into my eye (ouch). There has to be a better way to degas my marker.

btw if anyone cares - i'm ok

TSalPaintball
02-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Have you tried to take the tank off? I use to have the same problem, then I swiched my drop and everything was Ok.

RRfireblade
02-22-2004, 01:13 PM
:D We don't care.;)

As you already know,L10 doesn't allow all the air to dump before it stops shooting.DON'T pull the valve,that's probably the on/off pin in your eye.

Your best bet is either a slide check inline or a Proconnect.I use SS line w/ a quick disconnect and can pop the disconnect pretty easy after degassing everywhere else.Macro is a bit harder.

Doobie
02-22-2004, 01:25 PM
lvl 10 leaves about 300 psi in the line after the marker stops shooting. Your best bet is to install a slide check/ quick disconnect combo in the line between the tank and the valve. You use the slide check to dump the remaining air from your line and then the QC to disconnect from the valve.
In the mean time...My wife, Trina's X is in the same boat. She has macro between the tank and valve. This is how she completely degass hers for cleaning. Do like you are already and turn off the air to the marker and shoot it down. Then remove the barrel and the breech adapter so you can see the front of the bolt. Put your finger on the top of the bolt and push down on it a little. You may have to wiggle the bolt a different direction, but down works on Trina's. You should hear air escaping from behind the bolt. Keep doing this until your macro loosens up or you don't hear any air escaping anymore. What you are doing is making the stem on the LVL 10 bolt break it's seal with the o-ring carrier and allowing the system to vent. I would then remove your macro just to be sure the air is out of the system. Put it in mech mode and pull the trigger just to be sure the on/off pin is up and out of the way and you should be able to remove the valve without any eye damage.:p
Let me know if this helps! :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
02-22-2004, 01:38 PM
if only i had a pro store around here...

Looks like i'm gonna have to bed the parents for their credit card again