PDA

View Full Version : Very tight safety on my E-mag

Tubby_Ninja
09-20-2001, 05:12 PM
Hola mi amigo's!

The safety on my E-mag is hella tight. I about dislocate my thumb trying to move it back any forth. Does anyone else have this type of problem? If so, do you know how to loosen it a bit? Not too much, but enough that I don't have to put all my body weight on it.

Thanks,

Tubby Ninja
Chrome E-mag

Tubby_Ninja
09-21-2001, 01:43 PM
{sound of crickets chirping}...

I feel very alone right now.

OutRage
09-21-2001, 04:06 PM
Everyone I know has the same problem. We just leave the safety off, and put the little yellow key in.

Tubby_Ninja
09-21-2001, 04:14 PM
I hear ya OutRage.

The problem is that the switch from E-mode to Manual is just the opposite of the safety. Too easy. So I end up accidentally dropping it into manual and shooting myself in the tender parts.

But,

If thats how it is for everyone, i'll learn to live w/it.
Thanks for the reply.

BlackVCG
09-21-2001, 10:41 PM
Portland, OR eh? Which field do you play at? I'm at Weekend Warriors every now and then and my private field.

Tubby_Ninja
09-22-2001, 12:15 AM
We love Weekend Warriors, Gene runs a great operation. But lately we've been playing at Splat-Action. It's too hard to find a walk-on game at WW. Matter of fact, I'm going to Splat about 8 hours from now. Let me know if you ever need any players at your private field.

Tubby_Ninja
Chrome E-Mag

tjussery
09-22-2001, 09:56 AM
I had the same problem with my new E-Mag, I ha dto take the gun apart, then I looked at the safety and found a small burr that kept the safety from even moving at all! I took what I could off of the burr with a dental pick until I could get the safety completly out, then cleaned up the rest of the burr with a small rat-tail fine tooth file. Be careful not to loose the spring or the little ball that is part of the safety! Good luck!

AGD
09-22-2001, 08:58 PM
We had to make the safetys on the stiff side so you wouldn't engage it while playing. Work it back and forth with the plastic handle of a screw driver and it should get better.

AGD