PDA

View Full Version : HALO TSA Frontman?

jeffremiller
02-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Has anyone tried these? There seems to be an LCD version too...

I'm considering this for my Dallara project. Since it's mech anyway, I'll never exceed 14 bps.

It's also for my son, so the smaller hopper might be nice for him.

J_

cphilip
02-22-2004, 06:44 PM
I indeed asked for some picture comparisions of this a few weeks ago for a similar thing as you are talking about. Was wanting to pair up a hopper for my "AO vendors RTPro. No one seemed to have any side by sides pictures at that time of this and any other hopper. I am interested in this too.

jeffremiller
02-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Well... thanks to "Buy it Now" I will have one by the end of the week. I got a TSA LCD Frontman.

I'll take some pics when it gets here.

J_

WenULiVeUdiE
02-22-2004, 07:02 PM
I just got a tsa frontman today. It is very nice. The only thing is I can never tell if it is on or off and if you break a ball inside it can be a little hard to clean. The frontman holds only 150 so 1 pod could refill it. I got mine for 35, but it was used. That and he backed out of a cocker deal so I guess it was lower or something. They are nice, but if you dont want to spend 80, get a reloader or revvi.

Rigster_TBB
02-22-2004, 07:03 PM
Hey guys,
I took a photo of my Frontman beside my Ricochet for you, but I see you cannot upload photos anymore. Let me see if I can figure out a way to host them somewhere... They weigh about the same without batteries (FYI). The TSA shows up fingerprints real bad, but not as noticable in person. I haven't had a chance to use it yet because the weather has been so crappy here in Virginia...
Thanks,
Rigster...

Pictures emailed to jeffremiller for hosting...
Thanks...
Rigster...

jeffremiller
02-23-2004, 09:47 AM
http://www.tellcity.net/TSA_Frontman_Side.jpg
http://www.tellcity.net/TSA_Frontman_Top.jpg

Interesting profile on it to say the least.

Gabriel
02-23-2004, 10:05 AM
how many balls can a halo B hold? Isnt that 150, too?

jeffremiller
02-23-2004, 11:41 AM
how many balls can a halo B hold? Isnt that 150, too?

Odyssey says 180... in the manual.

StygShore
02-23-2004, 02:08 PM
hey I like the size, much more manageable than a halo or egg, and a little more speed than my old style revvi

migth have to look into those...

Too bad I cant get force feed in a package that small!!

Styg

No sKiLLz
02-23-2004, 05:43 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the TSA sound sctivated vs. IR eye like the Revvy? Also, doesn't the TSA rotate counter to the direction the hopper is tilted? I think it's worth the money, but I know you can get it for cheaper than $80.

jeffremiller
02-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Not sure where the $80 number comes from. I do know that there are two different models of the Frontman. A LED and an LCD version. Obviously the LED version is cheaper. I personally got the LCD version for the "wow" factor and still payed less than $80 after shipping.

J_

Rigster_TBB
02-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Yes, it does spin in different directions depending on which way the loader is tilted. It is sound activated. I paid around $55 for the LED. The LCD was $10 more. You can program a bunch of things with the LCD version like (sensititvity, spin duration, has a timer, and maybe some other stuff). The simpler the better for me. All I want to do is turn it on and off...
Rigster...

$tevo
02-23-2004, 09:15 PM
sounds nice, but im going to be getting an cyborg soon. i do not know if it would keep up, so i think im goin with an halo b

f3rr3+
02-23-2004, 09:45 PM
yes... but is it worth the extra money?

and how much are replacement shells?

jeffremiller
02-26-2004, 09:06 PM
well I recieved the TSA a couple days ago and have been playing with it and just comparing it to my other hoppers.

I really like the profile and the weight is decent as well. I like the option of AAA or 9V batteries and the adjustments make it fairly sensitive if need be.

I took the following for reference:

http://www.tellcity.net/PICT0634.JPG

and
http://www.tellcity.net/PICT0635.JPG

rdb123
02-26-2004, 10:32 PM
Same picture ;)

Skoad
02-27-2004, 12:03 AM
My friend just ordered a front man tsa LCD.

We'll have evoII comparison pictures come this weekend.

jeffremiller
02-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Same picture

Now how did that happen :) Fixed now.