PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve problem

jah871
09-20-2001, 06:12 PM
I recently bought a retro valve. i am using a 68ci and 47ci preset tanks with it. the retro seems no different from the standard valve. there is hardly any kickback on the trigger what could be wrong. peopel have told me using preset tanks will make it very reactive. also could it be that the sear is very loose compared to my old one. were it pivots on the sear it just flops around and my old one never did that. also the sear when ur shooting will just stay back and not pop back out. i have to take off the tank and screw it back in. whats the matter with the retro? any suggestions?

magmanpaintball
09-20-2001, 06:52 PM
They should have sent you a different sear. that could be the problem. if it isnt that i dont know what it could be.

jah871
09-20-2001, 07:01 PM
i know they did. i was saying the retro sear is very loose where it bends and my old one wasnt this loose. i was wondering if that could be the problem

FeelTheRT
09-20-2001, 08:05 PM
there isn't really anything wrong with your gun, It's just differnet on every gun, some are reactive some arn't. You'd have to remember that the ReTro valve was designed to fit hundreds of thousands for Automags/Minimags. If you want it to feel like a real RT, try getting a shorter on/off pin from AGD, I'd say try maybe a .735. If your lazy, just send the gun to AGD and let them do it for you free of charge, but must be contacted before hand.

LeadBasedPaint
09-20-2001, 10:07 PM
Isn't the reactiveness adjustable? It is on the M98's RT trigger upgrade.

Arturus
09-20-2001, 10:18 PM
It is adjustable, if you have an adjustable tank.

LeadBasedPaint
09-20-2001, 10:46 PM
Oh. Well the 98's is actually on the mod. It doesn't seem like an adjustable tank would matter. Cause that would just raise the presure, and it would have to be reulated down once it hit the gun anyway. Am I right?

Tunaman
09-21-2001, 02:22 PM
Increasing the output pressure on the tank will increase the reactivity of the RT Valve. Tom says(crank it up to 1000 0r 1200) if you really want to see(feel) it

LeadBasedPaint
09-21-2001, 02:24 PM
Oh. Well I have a question too. How do you solve shootdown on the regular mag (without RT upgrade). It there a way?

FeelTheRT
09-21-2001, 03:28 PM
you wouldn't be getting shootdowns on an Automag unless your constanty shooting like 12-13 bps (which i doubt) or your nitro tank sux.

most likely your tank reg isn't keeping up. I hear Crossfire has the most fastest preset screw in tank...? maybe just some BS someone made up but i'm not sure, i would assume Nitroduck or Melee are but eh.

LeadBasedPaint
09-21-2001, 04:26 PM
I've been using verticle feed CO2. I know, co2 is terrible, but I live in a rural area and CO2 is the only available gas. Although some friends and I are thinkin of starting a paintball club and we could maybe pool for a compresser. How much would one cost? One capable of filling HPA tanks.