PDA

View Full Version : Stiffi Freak front... not very strong?

Derman2k
02-22-2004, 07:16 PM
I had a team practice today and I was borrowing my team mates stiffi freak front. We played in about 6 inches of snow so it was kinda hard to run. I ended up taking a header into one of the pipe bunkers, and the porting on the stiffi just snapped. I think I read a thread about it before... Think they'll replace it or do I have to buy him another?

-=Squid=-
02-22-2004, 07:21 PM
They will replace it for free.

tyrion2323
02-22-2004, 08:05 PM
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but jumping into a bunker in cold weather with a carbon fibre barrel? DUH!!! Of course it's going to break!

Hopefully they'll replace it for you, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for some recompensation at least.

If they don't send a new one - try this: saw off the broken part to make the barrel shorter. Then dremel some new porting in there. Should be set.

tony3
02-22-2004, 08:10 PM
The porting seems like the weak part on those, they should use small holes and make it longer.

Derman2k
02-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by tyrion2323
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but jumping into a bunker in cold weather with a carbon fibre barrel? DUH!!! Of course it's going to break!

Hopefully they'll replace it for you, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for some recompensation at least.

If they don't send a new one - try this: saw off the broken part to make the barrel shorter. Then dremel some new porting in there. Should be set.

Didn't jump... I tripped :( I think I just tripped on the snow or something. Didn't pick my foot up high enough.

Barfly
02-22-2004, 08:50 PM
if it is an older one, they have weaker tips than the newer ones. That could have been the problem. I just ebayed myself a 12" ac threaded one, so I hope I don't break it.

68magOwner
02-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by tyrion2323

not to sound like a jerk, but stiffi's are supposed to be stronger than aluminum barrels :rolleyes:

fdrsk8boarder
02-22-2004, 10:41 PM
dont mean to sound newb but do they make 2 peice carbon firber barrels?

-=Squid=-
02-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by 68magOwner

not to sound like a jerk, but stiffi's are supposed to be stronger than aluminum barrels :rolleyes: Correct you are. Its all the stupid porting. You can bang the thing on a table and it will be fine, unless you hit it near those goofy ports at the end.

M-a-s-sDriver
02-22-2004, 11:01 PM
I too broke the tip on my Stiffi...hehehe.
Seriously, there are some barrels out there that have the ports cut too large in the end. That only allows one weave to hold the thing together. They now slice the hole smaller to elimate the problem.
If yours does break, call Site Mfg. @ 1-877-719-site and ask for Alex. He will ask you to send it in and will replace it almost immediatly, not even a one week wait time.
I support the Site stuff because of the high quality of thier product. Thier background is aerospace and motorcycle parts, and therefore they understand the importance of high tolerance and quality.
Brent.