PDA

View Full Version : spacer tubes on old minimag

Paintchucker
09-20-2001, 06:42 PM
I have an old minimag (SN#1596). I am trying to figure out spacer tubes, but I will be darned if I can figure out where they actually go. Are there any good pictures of installing these?

Xzion
09-20-2001, 07:32 PM
If your referring to the power tube spacer kits, they go in the power tube, just unscrew the (brass) powertube tip and they slide right in there, only ONE should be installed at a time, theyre used to fix bolt stick, and leaking down the barrel, and from my experiences, can make a -VERY- slight change in the trigger pull, depending on the spacer you can install without problems forming. I'll have a cross section up in a moment to show you where they go.

Paintchucker
09-20-2001, 07:54 PM
Thanks Xzion! I found them. I got a spacer with my new z-valve but it comes with literally no instructions. I am excited now. I am converting to Nitrogen and have the z-valve, plus a new stealth barrel to try out this weekend! And as an added bonus, if I can catch the UPS man, there is a new Hyperframe coming COD... LOL... I guess I have to double my paint budget now. :)

Xzion
09-20-2001, 09:33 PM
No problem, pleased I could help... though, the Z-Valve is a waste of money, it will do nothing to improve the performance of your 'mag, if anything, it will lower the performance of your mag, the stock A.I.R. Valve is the best your going to get, AGD optimized the valve as much as they could, nothing any other company can do to a valve will make the valve better, if your going to change your valve, the only one thats worth while, and does improve the performance of your 'gun is the ReTro Valve. Some people swear that the aftermarket valve internals 'improve' their performance, but as far as im concerned, its just in their mind to justify that they didnt waste their money, because nobody likes to admit they bought something useless.

Oh, and for your signature, put this it will make it show up when you post, replace the round brackets with square ones when you post it {Example: Replace () with []:

(img)the address of your image(/img)