PDA

View Full Version : Our wonderfully stupid friends at Centerflag.

Wrathchild
02-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Well, I purchased a brand new hyperframe in mid-october. It was quite the pretty penny, 300$. So, I slap it on my mag... and it doesnt shoot. So, I call the proshop that I had bought it from and they agree to send it to Centerflag for me, free of cost. Well, this was late October, three weeks before SCAO2. I talked to the tech at Centerflag and he he said it should be back within 2 weeks, ok cool.

I got it back 2 days ago, after 4 months. Now, this is quite an excessive wait. So, I figured that it would shoot awesome... since they made me pay for a new ULT when I had sent one with the gun. Well, it actually shoots WORSE than when I sent it... At least then It would shoot more than three times. I am calling Centerflag tomorrow to give them a nice peice of my mind.

Has anyone else had any similar problems? If so, PM me or post them here... I am slightly irate about the whole situation and need suggestions as to what I should do... Demand refund on frame?

JuggaloDave
02-22-2004, 08:48 PM
i dunno, but i would not sugguest calling them and yelling and cussing them. call and be cool and calm about it, let them know your problem, see what they offer you to fix it, and then get mad if they say something stupid. never start off being an ***, that is just bad bidness imo. the ppl who call into my work get hooked up fat when they are cool with me(i work at a tacobell), when they start off bithing, i hang up on them, and when/if they call back, i tell them to calm they *** down, and if they show up there acting a fool i am calling the cops on them and then that dollar burrito you missed cost 500 cause you had to be bailed out of jail. usually calms them down lol

Kevmaster
02-22-2004, 09:38 PM
i've delt with a lotta CS guys and in particular with a couple of guys at CenterFlag.

NEVER raise your voice and NEVER use that 'bad' tone. It will not help at all--it will just make things worse. Let them know, kindly, what the problem is and what you've been through. They are good people and WANT your business. They have always, as far as I know, gone the extra mile to gelp a customer. Ultimately, they want you happy with your marker and they want it to have Center Flag on it. They don't want an angry customer who has a broken gun. Thats no good for anyone.

They'll take care of it. Don't get angry with them and don't give them hell. You won't get anything from them if you do that...you'll just end up being the umteenth hothead caller that month who they ignore.

Kaiser Bob
02-22-2004, 10:35 PM
having been on my own basically when i had my ult/hyperframe setup, i had my share of mishaps initially, someone that went to shatnerball 2 might have seen me having to punch the side of the valve to make the gun fire, so it looked like i was beating the crap out of the gun to shoot at people. But there are things you have to keep in mind about the setup before sending it back. The on/off pin needs to be the proper lenth, there is less margin for error with the hyperframe and it wont shoot if its wrong. Sounds like you should try a shorter pin length, i.e. Adding a few shims, if that doesnt solve the problem let me know

Wrathchild
02-23-2004, 03:08 AM
KB,
I had won a ULT kit from the AO Chat party, so when I installed my Hyperframe on my mag and found the Centerflag on/off to be defective I installed the ULT. It would shoot a few times... then bolt stick/bolt wouldnt reset. After trying different lengths with the ULT shims, I went back to the store in which I bought the Hyperframe from. They sent it to Centerflag free of charge for me . (I had put the Centerflag on/off back in the gun and put the ULT and the Level 10 shims,springs, spacers etc in a small box for them to use... and I put a small peice of red electrical tape on the box to keep it shut). So, I call centerflag a week later to find out how long it should take for it to be returned to me. Their response was about 2 weeks, cool... I would have it back for SCAO. Well, 3 weeks went by... no Hypermag. I call back, they say they are having some slight difficulties with it. This was ok, since they claimed to have been working on it. Well, between November and Febuary I called 7-8 more times, each with the same response. When I got it back on Thursday, I was charged for a NEW ULT(I was slightly Irate) and my little box of goodies (still with red tape on it) was given back to me. THey basically did NOTHING to the mag. I got my tank filled, screwed it on... went to rip on it, and spluh... bolt stick after third shot.

Kaiser Bob
02-23-2004, 03:35 AM
nevertheless, try more shims, use lvl10 shims which equal 2 if need be. also make sure the is is at least 4

thei3ug
02-26-2004, 03:12 PM
hey man, wrong electronic mag.

One of the shortcomings of the hyperframe is it has a smaller solenoid than the emag. Using the ULT is potentially better.

agdemagman69
02-26-2004, 03:42 PM
My tank went to centerflag for a new reg body about *checks watch* 5 months ago...

I called them twice and they said that the bodies were getting anno'd (back in december)

Forever

dre1919
02-26-2004, 03:44 PM
I had some issues dealing with Centerflag, mostly their excessive turn around time, but they aren't too bad of guys. Hell, I called up and talked to the owner of the company for probably twenty minutes about paintball in general. That was kinda cool. I was dealing with putting a Hyperframe on an old school RT, then trying to get it to work with the Level 10. Man, that was a (female dog).

If you're trying to get a Hyperframe, ULT, and a LVL 10 to play nice together on the same marker I wish you luck bro! :D I agree with the above post, you really don't need the ULT with all that. That's probably where your shooting problems are coming from. I really liked the Hyperframe...to this point it's still the lightest trigger pull I've shot.

Doobie
02-26-2004, 05:06 PM
LvL 10 and a ULT are HIGHLY RECCOMENDED for the Hyper frame. Heck, Dennis was sending people to the AGD booth to BUY ULT's so that they could put them in their Hypermags. I gassed his up and shot it, and WHOA! That is why I got a ULT for mine. Make one variable work at a time. Trying both together is going to be a pain. You can manually fire a Hypermag by pushing a small screwdriver up the extra hole in front of the field strip pin. Get your LVL 10 working WELL first. Remember, lots of oil, and break in the o-ring to prevent bolt stick.
Then start adjusting the ULT. If you have the new 20bps board, there are some settings you may need to change in service mode. Do a search or call CF for help there.
Outside of that, I have never had a problem with Centerflag service. It sounds like others may have, but not me.
BTW...I was shooting a Hyperframe at AOSC2 :)
Good luck:D

slushee
03-02-2004, 02:26 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120171

just in case you missed the episode I went through

*edit* ~ after I put the ULT on, got the lvl 10 and ULT working fine with a manual grip frame, the hyperframe did bolt on and work fine.

I would suggest starting back at the beginning and set up the lvl 10 first .. then add the ULT and make sure both of those work with your manual frame ... THEN try adding the hyperframe. whatever you do, don't send it to centerflags ... they really did sound pretty scetchy on the phone when i called 'em.

Wrathchild
03-05-2004, 04:20 AM
Good news, it was fixed by Funkmunky! w00t,lol. It took Dizzo ONE HOUR to figure out that A) the frame was improperly milled(Under board, where nobody could see it... Stupid CF). B) Due to the improperly milled frame, the board was being shorted out from the board's metal pins touching the frame. C) the connectors for the solinoid,battery and microswitch were all making poor connections to the board due to poor soldering.

Now, I AM calling them tomorrow to explain to them what was wrong with the gun that took them 4 months to charge me a ULT for. Their "techs" obviously know nothing about their own products. And, they obviously do not check their products before shipping them out. It isnt like the hyperframe is sold very often anyways. $325 for an Eframe is almost the price of a used Emag. You would think that quality would be a major concern, but it obviously is not.

RT77
03-05-2004, 04:58 AM
Wait wait, try having sex or cleaning your pipes that usually calms most down...and then call. They might think you gellin...like magellin.

RT77
03-05-2004, 04:59 AM
Ok that was stupid, hehe o never mind its to late..I'm going to bed.

Rope a Dope
03-05-2004, 06:47 AM
I'm gellin like a fellon

:)

funkmunky56
03-05-2004, 11:08 AM
be nice, Kevin. picking on the mentally impaired doesn't make YOU look any better. :D --Funk

funkmunky56
03-05-2004, 11:09 AM
oh yeah, and don't forget my having to shim your rail bushing with o-rings to keep that bagged out hole from allowing the grip to pivot on the rail. :-)

GA Devil
03-05-2004, 11:11 AM
that is odd you had that many problems with it. I have 2 sitting here without a single problem. Must have been a bad run.

Wrathchild
03-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by RT77
Wait wait, try having sex or cleaning your pipes that usually calms most down...and then call. They might think you gellin...like magellin.

Thanks for ruining a serious thread, go back to PBN.