PDA

View Full Version : Bad Medicine.....

punkncat
02-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Caught wind of a big backyard game going on.Being a big fan of "renegade" games, I decided to go and check it out.It was defiantely renegade....

The field was AWESOME! 20 acres of pastureland,mixed hardwood breaking up the open pasture,free of tangled undergrowth.Piles of felled trees to use as cover in the open areas, lots of ditches and washes crosscrossing the entire property.A great backdrop to get your game on.

Then as everyone breaks out equipment, not a single person had a barrel plug/cover.The only way to eliminate an opponent was to get a body shot.Head,arms,legs,marker did not count as an elimination.The objective area for the flags was actually inside the dead zone at the house.The only chrono on site (before we arrived) was a hand held and no enforcement or supervision.

It didn't take long to realize this was a recipe for disaster.

I stayed for one game.I was shot over 20 times before I had enough.Not one break on my body but I had been head and neck shot several times, and took quite a few good bounces.These guys would lay down in such a way that all you could hit were their marker , mask and arms.To them not an elimination.As I raised my hands and called out I got bonus balled at least 5 more times.Another guy who was eliminated at the same time as I did , got his pod and hopper broken by the velocity of the paintballs.
As we were walking out , no one was using barrel plugs and obviously not looking for them either.We got shot up quite a few times just trying to get off field.
Then as we get up to the house and inside the dead zome one guy was coming up with the flag.The objective was to ring a bell inside the dead zone which was also the front porch of the house.Many non-participants were in this area w/ no safety equipment at all.A group was chasing him to the bell, trying to eliminate him and firing paintballs into the crowd of people gathered at the porch.

While we were walking out , one of the guys I had come with got blasted worse than I had by the owner of the field.He came out with hands up and got blasted again from less than 10 feet.He looked at the (owner) and told him that if he got shot again , he was going to unload his Matrix on him right then and there , then use it to kick his ***.

It amazes me that people play ball like this.I came from "yard"ball, but always used good safety.
If nothing else that was a law suit waiting to happen.

ramennoodles
02-23-2004, 12:06 AM
dag-yo!

Methylphenidate
02-23-2004, 01:00 AM
ive played at games like that. being a fan and supporter of the sport i jump at almost any chance to play ball, even if it is a renegade feild. and i have unknowingly gotten myself into situations like that. the problem is that as soon as you voice your opinion that they are not playing safe and that they should change everyone gets mad at you.
Other peoples kids man. what can you do???

ramenjames
02-23-2004, 01:30 AM
i play backyard games all of the time in winter (no feilds are open) and we allways use safty ...we dont chrono(we make sure all the markers are shoting at about the same distance and just use that)..but we still use safty
but damn thts just ****ed up

Brophog
02-23-2004, 02:30 AM
we dont chrono(we make sure all the markers are shoting at about the same distance and just use that)..but we still use safty

Then your not playing safely. I play a lot on private land, as it lets me control who plays, and lets me control the safety. I'm a big supporter of this kind of play, but do it right.

Have a secure staging area. Make sure there is NO chance of any stray ball getting over there.

Use barrel plugs/barrel condoms. They're under $5 and accidents do happen, especially with all the light triggers out there now.

And for heavens sakes, buy a chrono. You can get either an F1 or handheld radar chrono for very cheap. I own 2 F1 chronos and a red field chrono. The F1's do a good job, are easy to setup, and can be found for $50-$70. There is also the handheld radarchron, that while good for refs on the field, is a bit of a pain to use as your field chrono due to its 1 shot at a time, hold it in front of the barrel by hand nature. However, its MUCH better than nothing. Buy one and split the cost among friends. That's only $10-$20 a piece. For around the price of 500 balls, you can play SAFELY.

Rope a Dope
02-23-2004, 02:33 AM
Thread does not deliver.

I see no Bon Jovi in here. :mad:

Halliday
02-23-2004, 05:27 AM
I would have jumped at the chance to play some backyard ball too, but I would have been disgusted after 1 game.

Only body shots and you find people laying in awya that you can't hit their body? What fun!

Getting lit up trying to get off the field? Wonderful.

No barrel plugs? I would have kept my mask on, packed up, and headed home.

bedspread
02-23-2004, 12:49 PM
was this at the tww field if so im no longer pissed for u not calling me to go,as a matter of fact thank you

Final and last chance. Triggering and/or Circumventing the filter is the same thing as cursing here. It counts if you try to curse. You will be banned for that. You should read the rules. You have one last chance to do so. And you will be exfoliated if you do it again. I tired of this. And I gonna end it - cphilip

Muzikman
02-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Rope a Dope
Thread does not deliver.

I see no Bon Jovi in here. :mad:

I was thinking the same thing...

Thordic
02-23-2004, 01:57 PM
http://www.supostal.com.ar/wallpapers/imagenes/musica/otros/bon_jovi2.jpg

Much better :)

bedspread
02-23-2004, 02:01 PM
i could have gone all day with out seeing that
i thought or hoped he was dead

the 80's were bad enough the first time though why bring them back

Thordic
02-23-2004, 02:22 PM
If you are from NJ, you have to be a Bon Jovi fan. Its the law.

I have his greatest hits CD :)

Big'n slo
02-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
If you are from NJ, you have to be a Bon Jovi fan. Its the law.

I have his greatest hits CD :)

Huh?
I thought we only put up with him for Arena Football?

Muzikman
02-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Man...bring back memories...Bon Jovi, Poision, Twisted Sister, Cinderella, Britney Fox...Nothing like 80's hair bands...

Thordic
02-23-2004, 02:43 PM
I have INXS's greatest hits, and all U2's 80's albums as well :)

Muzikman
02-23-2004, 02:56 PM
INXS was great...and U2 was great up until Zoo TV.

**By George...I think we hijacked us a thread**

bedspread
02-23-2004, 03:54 PM
oh god make it stop

im having flash backs from the 80's i shouldn't have hung out with uncle sidney so much

Thordic
02-23-2004, 03:57 PM
INXS would have been bigger than U2 had they not broken up and Michael not accidentally hung himself during an autoerotic asphixiation session (the family claims it was suicide, I have my doubts :) )

logamus
02-23-2004, 04:47 PM
this thread should be called "Destination Anywhere"

:)

Rope a Dope
02-23-2004, 05:04 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87319&

http://w1.370.telia.com/~u37005276/jon28.jpg

baaahahahahahaahahaha HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

BURAAAWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!

f3rr3+
02-23-2004, 05:25 PM
^^ by far the grossest thing all day

punkncat
02-23-2004, 05:37 PM
You know , there must have been a million other ways to hijack my thread , than with bad 80's bands.But I guess I did open the door with the title didn't I ?

Rope a Dope
02-23-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by punkncat
You know , there must have been a million other ways to hijack my thread , than with bad 80's bands.But I guess I did open the door with the title didn't I ?

http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/circa1985.jpg

punkncat
02-23-2004, 07:58 PM
lol , well I am glad I have their approval......

SN0BL1ND
02-23-2004, 09:05 PM
I could'a done with out seein' THAT pic Rope! :eek:

Most guys have nekked girls JPEGS... not Bon Jovi's... you're scarin' me Rope.... eeeeeewwww.... :p