PDA

View Full Version : Paintball facts ?

Nightstalker02
02-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Does any one know a good referance spot for paintball facts.
just little stuff some us of might wanna know like

1.how many people play paintball
2.how many markers have been sold since paintball started
3.how many play tourny ball
3.how many are scenario players
4.how much is the paintball industruy worth etc......

maybe someone knows a good facts page if so let me know

ramenjames
02-22-2004, 11:07 PM
about 9 million people play regu;ar;y (15 or more times a year) and it is played in 41 (i think) countrys around the world

-=Squid=-
02-22-2004, 11:07 PM
I would say to do a little nosing around on sites like www.paintball.com, www.warpig.com, and www.p8ntballer.com. Those are the only sites I can think of that might have the information your looking for. Hope this helps.

Lakeview Bulldog
02-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Im researching how to start a paintball field for my senior English class. If any field owners could give me an interview I would really appreciate it. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Mag Master 04
02-23-2004, 09:21 AM
there is a magic game winning ball in every bag, only the masters can find it

Dryden
02-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Try:

http://www.nfiniteedge.com/articles/1.php
and
http://www.paint-ball.org/paintball/statistics.htm

Not certain of the accuracy of the data, but you could email those site admins and ask where they got their numbers.

Meph
02-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by ramenjames
about 9 million people play regu;ar;y

No, the 8.7 # is not regulars. That's all together individuals. And the bulk number of that is actually one possibly 2 timers a year.

Majoritively paintball would probably be more around a 2 million mark for actual Regulars. As in people who play probably around once a month or so. Of course that's just a random ballpark guess, what ever the 'actual' number is it's nothing close to 9million.

Question # 2.... you're better off not asking.

Question # 3. Overall average # of players would be around 2-5% of the paintball population play tournament ball. Not speedball, because that is also under recball. But actual tournaments... participants for that is quite low. Plenty of twibs! Probably 100X's more twibs than actual tourny players, but that's not important.

Second Question # 3. Depends, do you mean just Scenario players exclusively. Or would you rather broaden that up for both Scenarios and Big Games? Because there's a difference between those 2 games.

Question # 4. More than the tiddly-winks industry.

Nightstalker02
02-23-2004, 07:49 PM
dryden that was the one I was looking for thanks alot.