PDA

View Full Version : Rails

AsianMiniMag
02-23-2004, 11:39 AM
Okay, here is my question....can I put a RT rail on my minimag? If I can't then could you tell me a little about the Omega rail? I have been working on my minimag and the rail doesn't fit with what I want it to look like.

frenchman309
02-23-2004, 04:46 PM
the rt pro rail would work on your minimag, but you'd have to get a different sear assembly. If you're looking for something a little different for a rail you might want to check out http://www.logicpaintball.com/machinework.htm

AsianMiniMag
02-24-2004, 10:34 AM
That is cool, but are there any other site that I could go to?

silentdeath55
02-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Omega rails(the good ones) go for around $100 here on the forum. Be careful, the RT Pro rail will fit(with different sear), but the RT rail will not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the RT rail thing.

Are you looking for other sites that do machining, or other sites that sell rails? If you are looking for machining, Doc Nickle here on the forum does that. I dont know if he takes individual orders but you could PM him to find out.

personman
02-24-2004, 10:14 PM
You can put an RT Pro Rail on your minimag, but it will require modification of your Minimag body. You know that square thing on the bottom of your body? If you want it to fit in the RT Pro rail, you're going to have to make it round. And it isnt going to be easy, because its stainless steel. You could either modify the body or you could try to modify the rail (which is alluminum)
Anyway, RogueFactor sells an awesome lightweight RT Pro rail in the Dealers Forum. If you want one, I would check it out. Its around 100 dollars with all the parts you will need.

robertjuric
02-25-2004, 12:20 AM
That SS body is hard stuff. I was trying to cut down the powerfeed tube on my body for use w/ a warp, we went through 2 metal jigsaw blades, and finally had to break out the sawzall to finish the job.

DeerChaser
02-25-2004, 01:35 PM
If you want to cut the feed tube, the best way is a tuding cutter. Takes about 2 minutes, then file the lip down. Simple!!

ghed
02-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Speaking of rails has there been any news on Coolhand's Alpha Rail?