PDA

View Full Version : E-mag problems

JSW9999
02-23-2004, 09:31 PM
I have an e-mag with a 3.2 upgrade. It seems to be firing corectly in electronic mode (the battery is completley charged and has been checked with a volt meter) however, the LED is not functioning. Any ideas?? thanks

felony
02-24-2004, 11:48 AM
if trigger sensor (ie halls sensor) is turned in too far, i believe it will cause your emag not to "boot" up.

The activation point must be taken out, so that when you turn it on, the trigger is NOT activated.

someone correct me if i am wrong here

dan

JSW9999
02-24-2004, 12:29 PM
I tried removing the end of the sensor and still nothing. when i place the end of the sensor next to the trigger manually it fires but there is still no LED (boot up).

felony
02-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Your tried moving the end of the sensor? You mean the activation magnet right? if you back that all the way out and it did nothing, i am not sure.

The LED doesnt not stay on the whole time. It actually says AGD 3.2 at start up and thats it, with a blink in the bottom left i believe. I have missed it before :]

Otherwise i am not sure, hopefulyl someone else replies

dan

BlackVCG
02-24-2004, 04:32 PM
If when you pull the yellow pin from the battery pack the LED does not display anything, the LED unit on your board is bad. I have replacement LED's and can fix it for you, if that's the case.

felony
02-24-2004, 05:30 PM
well if the gun is firing in e/hybrid mode then i would say it is the LED display has died. :(

if that is the case i would contact Black.

I also know you can get new LED displays from some website and from what i have read you just unplug yours and put the new one in. Though it may be more involved and MAY not even fix the problem.

dan

JSW9999
02-24-2004, 07:19 PM
It sounds logical that it would be the LED screen. Is there any sure way to tell or do I just have to get another and replace it. If so who has them or where do i get one.
thanks

felony
02-24-2004, 08:44 PM
well.. i am not positive, but..

is your marker firing in emode? turn the marker on and see if it shoots when gassed up. if not, try backing the activation magnet out. if it still doesnt shoot, it is more then the LED display.

if it shoots, your display is broke. Black said you could ship it to him and he will fix it then.

dan

lamby
02-26-2004, 04:22 AM
before you order a new led. Remove the old one CAREFULLY and reseat it in the socket. bad connections have been known to happen in socketed ICs quite often

JSW9999
02-26-2004, 02:36 PM
I tried that and still nothing. Where can I order one?

lamby
02-28-2004, 04:05 AM
I have not looked in a long time, but I think Digikey sells them. Agilent makes it right? If so you can get a red or green one. I think they are around $40 though. I would need the part number and I could research it for you. (I work in electronics and have all the catalogs) or send a PM to blackVGG and he can get you the part