PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10 help!!

ClouD
02-23-2004, 10:55 PM
i just installed my lvl 10.
when i put in my nitro, the gun just starts to leak, MAD leakage.. i dont know what to do, please helP.

paintpiggie
02-23-2004, 10:58 PM
smaller carrier, less shims.

ClouD
02-23-2004, 10:59 PM
i have 2 shims in it, and the carrier with 2 cuts in it, which do i switch to?

ClouD
02-23-2004, 11:15 PM
actually i just changed the carrier to the smallest one and yet it leaks, its like a SOOOOPER leak.

CaliMagFan
02-24-2004, 04:31 AM
hey man... i had a similar thing happen when i was changing around my carriers... well i had one carrier working, then it broke in a bit more and i wanted to use the stronger spring.. so installed that and the new carrier.... well the spring really messed things up, so i decided to drop that idea for the time being... i was lining up to play the next day... so i put it back together with the new carrier and the old stock spring....gassed it up and it was venting like mad... i was ready for the venting in an wanting to conserve air, so i turned off my on/off real fast.. then changed carriers and tried again witha smaller carrier... well the same thing happened... uber big leak out the power tube and down the barrel... i went to the carrier that was in between that one and the original on.. i think the size 1 carrier... i let it leak more this time on gas up and then all teh sudden it caught and locked the bolt up..... try turning up your velocity a bit... then try down just a bit... then let it vent and with the hopper off use your finger in the breach to push the bolt around..... i think what happens is that the air is pressurising the chamber and in the powertube before the on/off has enough pressure to push down and lock up the sear to the bolt... this is why its just venting.... let it blow for a second longer and see if that doesnt do somehting for you...

good luck--
kyro

Joni
02-24-2004, 05:31 AM
You should start with this setup: shortest spring, no shims. Then find the largest carrier that won't leak. After that add as many shims as possible without leaking. Finally you can start experimenting with the springs (you want the longest possible spring that still chronos under 300)

ClouD
02-24-2004, 07:57 PM
alrite ima try all of that, but i dont know how to change my velocity on my mag. its a classic automag 68

Joni
02-24-2004, 08:00 PM
The back part of the valve is where you adjust. Just screw it clockwise to increase, and counter-clockwise to decrease velocity

ClouD
02-24-2004, 09:04 PM
hey i have another question.
is the lvl 10 bolt supposed to slide in all the way?
Cus my lvl 7 slided all the way in but the lvl 10 doesnt.
thanks.