PDA

View Full Version : E-mag Pressure

GoblinGreen
09-21-2001, 01:05 AM
I have just ordered a E-mag and its on its way over here to South Africa. There is only about one of these guns in this country as far as I know.
I just want to check I have a 3000psi air bottle with a preset pressure of 850psi. In the airgun manual it says use pressure between 600psi and 1000psi. If I put my preset 850psi bottle on the gun I know it will make my rt trigger be stronger in manual mode but will it damage anything?
I have read a couple times on this site that you should only use between 600 and 800 psi.
I am trying to work around buying a new air bottle, like I said not many of these guns in this country so theres no one to ask.

Janixs
09-21-2001, 05:58 AM
No it will not damage anything It should work just fine.

GoblinGreen
09-21-2001, 06:24 AM
Thanks alot.
What was that story with the rt, The higher your pressure the lower your consistency.
or is the rt only constant when shot rapid fire.

Thanks again Im glad I dont have to cough up anymore money, you guys would cry if you had to convert your rands to Dollars.

Janixs
09-21-2001, 06:47 AM
With the RT if you increase the input presser it will increase the reactiveness of the trigger. In other words the higher the input presser the harder the trigger will push back on your finger.

BlackVCG
09-21-2001, 10:37 AM
If you use Hybrid mode or manual mode on your E-Mag, you will probably notice quite a bit of kickback from the trigger. Other than that, there's nothing wrong with having a preset tank. If you're interested in an adjustable system, look into the AGD Flatline.

Fritzy
09-21-2001, 11:43 AM
I usually use a Crossfire preset on my Emag with excellent results. The Crossfires are set @850 psi. This is too high for my RT, but the Emag in manual mode seems to have less reactiveness at the same pressures relative to the RT. I am not sure if this is a function of the new, heavier sear design or what, but it is definitely true between my 2 guns.

I pretty much use exclusively the electronic mode, but have messed around in manual a few times and experienced no problems with the trigger running away. You will be fine with your preset tank. Enjoy the Emag, they are worth every penny in my book!

tjussery
09-22-2001, 10:10 AM
The only problem I can see is you maybe having too much fun watching the others RUN!!!

GoblinGreen
09-24-2001, 11:56 PM
:D :D :D :D :D
Thaks alot to everyone who contributed. you guys deffinitely answered my question.
Thanks again
Man I just hate having to wait for the thing!
:D :D :D :D :D