PDA

View Full Version : Palmer Pursuit Shop: Blazer (BZ2185)

Jack & Coke
02-24-2004, 02:25 AM
PPS 2004 Blazer, Center Feed ($428)
2-Finger 45 Grip Frame, w/Blade Trigger ($95)
Black Highlights on Blazer ($35)
12" Brass barrel, Black Powdercoating, Spiral Venting ($83)

subTotal (gun without Stabilizer reg) = $641

(the gun arrived last friday)

quick impressions (without having used the gun in a game yet):

bolt cycle speed = very fast!

bolt cycle pressure = high (this gun WILL chop on a missfed ball - DO NOT stick you finger in the breech)

Trigger pull length = short

Trigger pull pressure = medium to stiff

bolt removal for cleaning = extermely fast (quickest and easiest bolt removal system I've seen)

feel = very solid, very well built, engineered to last

balance = vey good, points well, very compact

I'm looking forward to shooting both of my new "auto-cocking" guns (CCM Series 5, Blazer) soon! Hopefully this SoCal rain lets up in the next few weeks.:)

http://www.imageshack.us/files1/JNC_Blazer_00.JPG
http://www.imageshack.us/files1/JNC_Blazer_01.JPG
http://www.imageshack.us/files1/JNC_Blazer_02.JPG
http://www.imageshack.us/files1/JNC_Blazer_03.JPG
http://www.imageshack.us/files1/JNC_Blazer_04.JPG
http://www.imageshack.us/files1/JNC_Blazer_05.JPG
http://www.imageshack.us/files1/JNC_Blazer_06.JPG
http://www.imageshack.us/files1/JNC_Blazer_07.JPG

FooTemps
02-24-2004, 02:48 AM
wow, that blazer looks NICE. They've changed aethetically since I last saw one... Maybe it's just the all black setup you have but I like it.

SpecialBlend2786
02-24-2004, 04:25 AM
Yeah, that looks damn good in black.

Then again.....so does everything. Even a Viking :D

PsychoBaller
02-24-2004, 04:27 AM
Schhaaaweeetttt.... Always wanted Blazer, that and a Viking and a million dollars... heh

-baller

Rope a Dope
02-24-2004, 06:41 AM
They can even put QEV's on them so make the pull lighter and the cycling even faster.

Did you go to Palmers here in Sacramento? He's gonna be at my fields All Girl Day with a booth.

Also... dude.. WHAT is on your hose?!?!? Get some shrink tube man, like $3 for 2 feet at Fry's, lol

shartley
02-24-2004, 07:19 AM
Very nice. :)

Gabriel
02-24-2004, 07:40 AM
:::applause, applause:::

Jack and Coke, that is (wipes tears out of eyes) beautiful.... absolutely.... beautiful.

Danz
02-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Very Nice! I own BZ197. I love the improvements PPS has made on the newer model.

Danz

Jack & Coke
02-24-2004, 09:20 AM

QEV's on a Blazer? I've seen them on a Typhoon, but not on a Blazer... very cool, links?

Yes, I know about shrink tube, I have them on my CCM. Black electrical tape works fine for me... :)

This thing is [ebonics=on] sssssolid! [ebonics=off]

Torbo
02-24-2004, 09:45 AM
can you short stroke them? is it easy to do?

edit: btw.....nice blazer

Sir_Brass
02-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Torbo
can you short stroke them? is it easy to do?

edit: btw.....nice blazer

very hard to short stroke a benchmark framed blazer.

J&C, enjoy your blade trigger, it's nice :D.

Jack & Coke
02-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Yes you can short stroke it. Just like any two-stage trigger.

However, with that said, I have noticed that it is difficult to short-stroke. I have to really be sloppy and carelesson my pulls in order to short-stroke it.

It is way easier to short-stroke my ULT mag than this though.

Of the mech guns I have that can be short-stroked, here is how I rank them in therms of MOST difficult to EASIEST:

1. HIGH INPUT pressure RT-Valve mag
2. Blazer
3. Cocker
4. Stock AIR-Valve mag
5. ULT AIR-Valve mag

Again... this is my results from my shooting style. Which is probably the result of too much hair trigger 18+ bps electro trigger walking experience (Damn Timmy and Matrix!) :D

thei3ug
02-24-2004, 12:27 PM
A blazer can not have, nor does it need QEVs.

The pneumatic switch is internal, placed right next to the ram. The airlines are internal, no hoses to stretch or pass through, and no real length to the gas paths to cause delay.

Since there is no lag time, the gas exhausts through the switch just as fast as a QEV.

little factoid: The origional blazer actually cycled FASTER than the current one. The ram cycled so fast, that there was a higher potential for misfeeds at high cycle rates - the bolt could close before the ball dropped to the breech.Yah, that's fast.

Muzikman
02-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Nice....

One of these days I will own a Blazer...but not before I own a Typhoon.

shartley
02-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Nice....

One of these days I will own a Blazer...but not before I own a Typhoon.
I will echo that…. but add “Nasty” to it. ;)

Muzikman
02-24-2004, 12:53 PM
As much as I think Nasty's are cool...there is only one that I want...and The i3ug currently has it;)

Though, I think a short and nasty with a Race frame would be cool, or a nasty hurricane.

Jack & Coke
02-24-2004, 01:00 PM
For those interested in knowning what the guts look like...

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/techpages/blaz_diagram.htm

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/images/blazer/Blazer-Diagram.jpg

1. Body
2. ASA O-ring
3. Vertical bottle Adp.
4. Ball Detent
5. Plunger O-ring
6. Switch Plug
7. Outer Switch Cup
8. Inner Switch cup
9. Switch cup O-ring
10. Switch stem Oring
11. Switch stem
12. Valve spring
13. Dyna valve
14. Valve guide
15. Valve guide O-ring
16. Valve guide retaining Screw
17. Hammer
18. Hammer/Main spring
19. Main spring guide
20. Velocity cap 21. Velocity cap retaining screw
22. Velocity screw
23. Ram piston bumper (outer)
24. Ram piston bumper (inner)
25. Ram piston oring
26. ramp piston assembly
27. Ram bushing
28. Ram bushing oring (outer)
29. Ram bushing oring (inner)
30. P-Block assembly
31. P-Block retaining screw
32. Hopper lock screw
33. Barrel
34. Barrel retaining screw
35. Rock plug
36. Rock valve spring
37. Rock Valve Pin
38. Rock Seal
39. asa Gas Tube Screw
40. Plunger assembly 41. Rock Spring
42. Washer
43. Rock Cap
44. Rock adjusting screw
45. Sear Pin
46. Sear
47. Sear Pin Lock screw
48. Sear Follower
49. Sear Spring
50. Sear Adjustment Screw
51. Switch rod
52. Trigger Pin
53. Bellcrank
54. Bellcrank pin
55. Bellcrank Bushing
56. Trigger rod retaining screw
57. Trigger Rod Retainer
58. Trigger rod retaining hat
59. Trigger rod roll pin
60. Trigger 61. trigger Rod
62. Safety
63. Safety Ball
64. Safety spring/rubber
65. Safety spring screw
66. Frame screw
67. Trigger return Spring
68. Rock Valve Body O-ring (Upper)
69. Rock Valve Body O-ring (lower)
70. Rock Valve Body
71. Trigger return Spring retaining screw
72. Bolt O-rings
73. Bolt
74. Bolt Pin retaining screw
75. Bolt Pin
76. Bolt Pin spring
77. Bolt Pin Knob

Jack & Coke
02-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by shartley

I will echo that…. but add “Nasty” to it. ;)

You mean like this one? ;)

http://www.gbsu-usa.net/shartleycustoms/customer/phoons.jpg

-=Squid=-
02-24-2004, 01:41 PM
If you dont mind me asking, what all markers do you have now?

shartley
02-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
You mean like this one? ;)

http://www.gbsu-usa.net/shartleycustoms/customer/phoons.jpg
Yes, similar. I don’t like the double trigger guard with single trigger as that one has though. I would keep a single trigger. But yup… she is a beauty.

I have an appointment to call the owner of those markers in just a few minutes to finish discussions for the grip/front stock work…. I think folks will really love the results. He is thinking of having me use a special composite wood. mmmmmm

One of the desks in my office looks like a PPS show and tell. LOL But they all must return to their owners….. :(

;)

Athius
02-24-2004, 02:07 PM
nice

Why doesn't blazers have any threads??

Muzikman
02-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Athius
nice

The Blazer uses a friction fit barrel. You insert the barrel and then tighten a screw (or thumb screw) to hold it in place. It's actually a nice setup. As I have been told, the reason is so that the barrel can be matched to the valve. Take a look at www.palmer-pursuit.com for the theory on barrel matching.

Pstan
02-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Nice gun Jack.

What does it weigh? Does the gun feel barrel heavy with the brass barrel?........And lastly, how are a you going to keep yourself from tinkering with it and voiding the warranty? LOL

Muzikman
02-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
If you dont mind me asking, what all markers do you have now?

Who are you talking to?

if it was me I have...

1. Automag
2. Automag
3. Pumpmag
4. Sydarm
5. Emag
6. Micromag
7. FN303 (not really a paintball gun)
8. Cocker
9. Cocker
10. Typhocker (mini-cocker)
11. SB Stroker
12. Hurricane
13. Houndstooth
14. SB Piranha
15. LB Piranha
16. S-4
17. S-4
18. SC Phantom
19. Sterling STP
20. Trracer
21. Auto-Trracer
22. Sniper SHO
23. Sniper II
24. SL68-II
25. PGP
26. Automag RT
27. King Cobra
28 - 30. I am missing a few from this list, but for the life of me can't think what.

Sir_Brass
02-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Pstan
Nice gun Jack.

What does it weigh? Does the gun feel barrel heavy with the brass barrel?........And lastly, how are a you going to keep yourself from tinkering with it and voiding the warranty? LOL

unlike a cocker, a blazer is flippin sweet out of the box, especially if you order one with everything you'd want on it anyways. ALso, the fact of having all the pneus INTERNALIZED with air passages milled into the body prevents tinkering to some extent.

Fact of the matter is that the blazer actually SUPRESSES the tinkerer's urge and 'need' to tinker. It's a headache-free gun.

Also, as a blazer owner myself, I can tell you that the barrel isn't heavy AT ALL. I never notice the weight, period. I mean, it's not noticible when you have a full hopper and a tank on it.

Jack & Coke
02-24-2004, 02:38 PM

The Blazer uses a friction fit barrel. You insert the barrel and then tighten a screw (or thumb screw) to hold it in place. It's actually a nice setup. As I have been told, the reason is so that the barrel can be matched to the valve. Take a look at www.palmer-pursuit.com for the theory on barrel matching.

Muzikman, what are your thoughts on this "barrel-to-valve matching" theory?

Athius
02-24-2004, 02:42 PM

ohh so is there any barrel adapters for blazers?

Jack & Coke
02-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Pstan
Nice gun Jack... ...And lastly, how are a you going to keep yourself from tinkering with it and voiding the warranty? LOL

Thanks Pstan... tinker with it? Man, I wouldn't even know were to start.

So far, I think I agree 100% with Sir_Brass:

...a blazer is flippin sweet out of the box, especially if you order one with everything you'd want on it anyways.

Also, the fact of having all the pneus INTERNALIZED with air passages milled into the body prevents tinkering to some extent.

Fact of the matter is that the blazer actually SUPRESSES the tinkerer's urge and 'need' to tinker. It's a headache-free gun.

yup:)http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

SteelSoul
02-24-2004, 02:50 PM
I had Blazer #23 but some one thought they needed it more then me and took my baby from me years back..
I still love that Thing,,,
A funny story..
Was playing a Viper big game in Dallas and I was attacking this bridge, well I was ripping of a sting of paint and all of the sudden this loud CRACK sound happens, and I got hit real hard in the lower lip. I look down for paint but all I see is my bolt falling to the ground.
The early models had a problem with the bolt pin nob breaking. So called the shop and ordered a Derlin bolt and was a happy camper.
Loved that thing, used to hunt Angles with it called it

Arch Angle

And yeah number 23 :)

Side note
I had my barrel "Matched"
Really didnt notice much diffrence..
I ended up getting a Lapco Bigshot for it.

Steel

Sir_Brass
02-24-2004, 03:17 PM

ohh so is there any barrel adapters for blazers?

question: why?

the stock barrel it comes with (which you can get improved with powder coating, matching, venting, different length, etc.) is one of the best barrels in existance ANYWAY!

Also, whoever said barrel matching didn't do much for you, well, I guess that's just you then. I got my barrel matched and . . . well, it shot darts before, now it shoots lasers! I've noticed a definate marked improvement in my blazer's precision accuracy with the matched barrel than I did before I got it matched.

I'm not sure behind the theoretical validity of barrel-valve matching, but I can certainly testify to the real world difference it's had to me and my blazer.

thei3ug
02-24-2004, 03:41 PM
The barrel is half the weight of the gun.

Site Manufacturing has CF bore barrels... imagine, a blazer w/CF barrel... light as light can be...

I just think it's funny, Palmer builds the lightest marker they can, then put a brass barrel on it.

It does help stabilize the gun though.

Jack & Coke
02-24-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Sir_Brass

the stock barrel it comes with (which you can get improved with powder coating, matching, venting, different length, etc.) is one of the best barrels in existance ANYWAY!

I'm curious, what exactly makes them the best barrels in existance? Are Palmer barrels perfectly honed and perfectly uniform thoughout?

If so, why is there a need to "match" it to the gun? I mean, if the barrel is perfectly uniform, how does turning the barrel affect anything? I'm confussed...

Originally posted by Sir_Brass

I'm not sure behind the theoretical validity of barrel-valve matching, but I can certainly testify to the real world difference it's had to me and my blazer.

Do you agree that most, if not all, paintballs are NOT round and only make two points of contact with the barrel? (usually associated with the seem)

If this is the case, what good would "matching" the barrel do if by shear randomness, the balls all align differently in the breech? If each ball aligns differently in the breech (seem contacts), then each ball will come into contact with the barrel in different places. Again, how does "matching" the barrel do anything?

You say you noticed a difference in "accuracy", have you tried turning the barrel some random amount to see if there's any degridation in "accuracy"?

Pstan
02-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the replies....

Dont get me wrong......I was certainly not insinuating the gun needed tuning out of the box. I've fired a Stroker and I liked that gun quite a great deal. All of my guns are Palmer regulated. Still and yet, things need tuning at times and it irks me to a degree that I'd have to ship it all the way back to Cali to get the work done however simple it might be.

BUT, I still want a PPS marker and may pick one up soon. I had my eye on the 2 Strokers on the "Markers on Hand" page. Both sold quick. I thought they were at steal at $400, but my cash is low right now.

DementedRabbit
02-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Hope it treats you well!

I almost got one two years ago but the proprietary parts and high cocking pressures scared me off.

personman
02-24-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by SteelSoul
used to hunt Angles with it called it
Arch Angle
Just curious.. How do you hunt angles? Do you go around stabbing them with angle biscetors or something? :p

Brophog
02-24-2004, 05:02 PM
You pinch them with calipers.:)

personman
02-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Ah, that seems like it might work well!
Die angles die!

Muzikman
02-24-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by personman

Just curious.. How do you hunt angles? Do you go around stabbing them with angle biscetors or something? :p

Too good...:D

Jack & Coke
02-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by DementedRabbit
Hope it treats you well!

I almost got one two years ago but the proprietary parts and high cocking pressures scared me off.

Yes, it is not perfect. I too wish the cocking pressure wern't so high. (chop chop chop)

However, it's my hope that with my Halo or EvoII the feed rate will be more than enough to remedy any chopping problems due to misfeeding.

thei3ug
02-24-2004, 05:11 PM
geek humor.

tony3
02-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Best looking blazer ever, no doubt about it. Who wants to come raid jacks house with me?

Jack & Coke
02-24-2004, 05:25 PM
:eek:

Sir_Brass
02-24-2004, 10:55 PM
You say you noticed a difference in "accuracy", have you tried turning the barrel some random amount to see if there's any degridation in "accuracy"?

PPS already did that FOR me.

And PPS guns are eliptically honed. And I can say that between shooting it unmatched and shooting it matched, there is a DEFINATE improvement in the tightness of my groupings with it matched.

Jack & Coke
02-25-2004, 12:09 AM
...can you explain what the difference is on the barrel?

Did they put a mark on it and say "this side up"?

I almost selected the option for matching the barrel (additional $20), but I had no idea of what if meant or what they did to make the barrel shoot more "accurate"... so I did not pay for it.

Do you have a pic of what the barrel looks like after they've "matched" it to your gun?

thanks again:)

thei3ug
02-25-2004, 09:31 AM
To match a barrel, the $20 is just about the cost of the paint they put through it.

Basically, they shoot paint through it, making slight turns, until they see the best results.

They put a mark, like an arrow or just a line, which indicates the 12-oclock position.

Some of us have done this ourselves to our barrels. I have three blazer barrels, and to be honest, while one is matched, and I notice a slight difference, the other two I can't for the life of me see any difference at all.

My personal theory is that it has to do with how the barrel sits against the body... that somehow the lips are different, barrel to barrel, with each manufacturer (as I know people have matched non-palmer barrels). I know palmer can match barrels to threaded guns, and it is more involved than blazers... but i have no idea why it works.

Gabriel
02-25-2004, 09:38 AM
what kind of efficiency does it have? Just curious as to how many shots you can get off of a 68(45. This guns might change my mind about a ripper cocker i was planning on...

And what is the difference (besides body) between the phoon and the blazer? Can you get an un-annoe'd blazer and anno it yourself?

Gabe

Jack & Coke
02-25-2004, 10:50 AM
nice

From The Palmer's Owners Group: http://www.paintmagazine.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=8&thread=11381&page=1#22

Craig Palmer (Glenn's son) writes...

Originally posted by Craig Palmer
Clamping Benefits:

Tighter tolerances

No barrel Back out

Cheaper to make (anyone with a lathe can turn a barrel down to fit a blazer)

Lighter

Allows for more options of barrels
Nearly seamless integration. The barrel hole and the chamber are drilled with one specially ground tool, thus being perfectly aligned.

The bolt also seals in the barrel and prevents firing the ball over a seam.

Muzikman
02-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

Muzikman, what are your thoughts on this "barrel-to-valve matching" theory?

My thought...people claims it works, so it just might. I don't really believe the idea behind it and so forth. But hey, it's just like everything else out there...if people think it works...it just might for them.

That being said, I don't think PPS is trying to cheat anyone or hype up the idea. I just think that they noticed that if you do certain things that it performs better. I'm of the mind set that even if physics says it's wrong and people can disprove it on paper, if it works in real life...then go with it. I mean, physics tells us that a bumble bee should not be able to fly...but we see them every day during the summer;)

thei3ug
02-25-2004, 11:09 AM
what's this "bumble bee" you speak of?

Brophog
02-25-2004, 11:20 AM
A bumble bee. BZZZ BZZZ....you know black and gold and stings you when you tick it off.

In that case though, its the physics that haven't been adapted to the bumble bee, not the other way around.

rkjunior303
02-25-2004, 11:41 AM
Jack --

what do you use to take your pictures? They are always so clean and crisp

thei3ug
02-25-2004, 12:25 PM
Is your bolt anodized clear, or raw?

My older blazer had black anno, but maybe they're skipping on it because bolts get burned up no matter what...

spantol
02-25-2004, 12:43 PM
I mean, physics tells us that a bumble bee should not be able to fly...but we see them every day during the summer;)

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_045.html

Jack & Coke
02-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by rkjunior303
Jack --

what do you use to take your pictures? They are always so clean and crisp

Thanks rkjunior303 :)

Canon EOS 10D (http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=68&sort=7&thecat=15)

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/data/15/210D.jpg

and

Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM (http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=3&sort=7&thecat=27)

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/data/27/1ef17-40_4l_1_.jpg

and

Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM (http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=29&sort=7&thecat=2)

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/data/2/1ef50mmf_14usm_1_.jpg

and

Photoshop

I just love to "shoot" things ;)

Jack & Coke
02-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by spantol

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_045.html

Great find!

Of course. You think this is on a par with quantum mechanics? The basic principles of bumblebee flight, and insect flight generally, have been pretty well understood for many years. Somehow, though, the idea that bees "violate aerodynamic theory" got embedded in folklore.

rkjunior303
02-25-2004, 01:02 PM
ah nice so you use a film camera then (or is that a digital SLR?) I have a Canon S400 Digital Elph -- It does the job quite well! I love messing around in Photoshop though.. Some people love playing games I would rather play in PS 7.0

Jack & Coke
02-25-2004, 01:13 PM
The Canon 10D is a Digital SLR (click on links in my previous post to learn more...) :)

Muzikman
02-25-2004, 01:21 PM
J&C,
Not to hijack the thread, but do you have any of your photos (besides your guns) on the internet? I'm just curious to look as I also have a 10D and love the thing...

If you are interested;

www.jbeamphotos.com
www.paintballmedia.com

thei3ug
02-25-2004, 01:26 PM
consider this thread jacked.

that is an awesome camera!

I now know what i'm saving for.

banzaimf
02-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by thei3ug
consider this thread jacked.

that is an awesome camera!

I now know what i'm saving for.

Actually, for someone learning SLR's the Digital Rebel would serve you well. The same chips as the 10d, dumbed down some of the features. Not enough to really hamper most amateur photographers. plus, it can be had for 1k with a lens vs, 1250 to 1500 without a lens.

Ps, awesome Blazer!

rkjunior303
02-25-2004, 04:33 PM
That's a phenomenal camera, jack.. Canon sure does make great product.. I love my elph... Great photos!

Gabriel
02-26-2004, 02:45 AM
I like minolta better, for film anyways. A Maxxum 5 and a high-quality scanner is STILL cheaper than a digi SLR, and you will still be able to show off your pics without a CD-ROM! :D

Gabe

And What about the efficiency of the Blazer on N2???

Muzikman
02-26-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Gabriel
I like minolta better, for film anyways. A Maxxum 5 and a high-quality scanner is STILL cheaper than a digi SLR, and you will still be able to show off your pics without a CD-ROM! :D

Gabe

And What about the efficiency of the Blazer on N2???

Well, I have shot 35mm film for about 18 years. I got the 10D about 9 months ago and I have to say that yes, I paid more for the body, but I made up for it in not having to buy film and development costs. And Sams Club will do $.19 4x6 prints, so if you want prints, that's your ticket. All in all, the 10D brought me back to a hobby that I had not enjoyed for about the last 10 years.

Gabriel
02-27-2004, 08:59 AM
yeah, I just can't make the jump to digi. I loooove little 3 or 5 mp cams for snap-shots, but I don't know if I could wrap my mind around a Digi SLR. To each his own, and maybe one day I will become convicted and convert the the Digi Order, but until then, I'm sticking with the film

And still, effeciency? I know the Blazer is High Pressure, but until which tank pressure can it work? Lower than the mag, or Higher... that is the question.

rkjunior303
02-27-2004, 09:51 AM
That's basically what I use mine for.. the 4mp gives me enough image quality IF I want to take some serious pictures but being an elph, it's small enough I can throw in my pocket -- although, it IS a little big compared to some of the newer 'pocket cameras' that have come out.. Overall I am very happy with it :)

Ov3rmind
02-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Hey J&C, any chance you could make a vid for that Blazer (like you did for the Tunamax and Timmy)?

Nice Blazer though, maybe the cleanest looking one I've ever seen.

Muzikman
02-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by rkjunior303
That's basically what I use mine for.. the 4mp gives me enough image quality IF I want to take some serious pictures but being an elph, it's small enough I can throw in my pocket -- although, it IS a little big compared to some of the newer 'pocket cameras' that have come out.. Overall I am very happy with it :)

The Digital Elphs are great. I have an S330 as a nice pocket / carry around camera. I usually have it everywhere I go.

Got_Paint
02-27-2004, 08:41 PM
I don't know about hpa, but for co2 you can get 80 shots off a blazer in optimum conditions. each ounce so almost 1000 shots off a 12 ounce.

Gabriel
02-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Is co2 recommended with blazers?

trains are bad
02-28-2004, 09:13 AM
yes.

thei3ug
02-28-2004, 11:10 AM
CO2 is not recommended for powering digital cameras.

MagKoko
02-28-2004, 01:42 PM
however using nitro with digital cameras can improve the number of shots you can take.

Gabriel
03-01-2004, 08:39 AM
sweet a digi cam recommended for... err... a paintball gun recommended for c02. I bet that'll turn some heads at the tourneys.

Jack & Coke
03-01-2004, 11:29 AM
A few nice things about shooting digital...

1. When shooting in RAW, you have complete control of white balance, color tone, and lighting levels even after you have taken the picture. I use Capture 1 DSLR SE 1.2 (http://www.phaseone.com/) for all my RAW processing.

2. ability to DELETE pics that I don't like.

3. ability to PRINT (develope) only the pics that I do like.

4. speed (i.e. turn around time)

5. no worries about film cost ($$$), now I shoot waaaaaaay more than I would if I were limited by film. This has increased my skills as a photographer tremendously over the last 2 years. The more pictures you take the better you get, and digital make that easier. :)

Muzikman
03-01-2004, 11:57 AM
J&C,

You hit it all on the head. Though I only shoot raw if I know I am going to be doing something special with the images. Such as when I shoot landscapes, I usually shoot raw, but when I shoot paintball, I shoot all high res JPG.

How do you like capture one? I have been spending all my money on lenses and very little on software (besides iMatch, downloader Pro, and Miranda PS actions). I have been thinking of picking it up just because it's much faster than that POS RAW software Canon gives with the camera.

Edit: Where do you get your prints done? Have you done any large 24x36s?

Jack & Coke
03-01-2004, 01:39 PM
I primarily use 3 programs:

RAW processing: Capture 1 *awesome workflow and speed (batch processing)*

Noise reduction (if needed when shooting low light or 800, 1600 iso): Neat Image *Absolutely jaw dropping results!*

Photo editing (levels, curves, touch ups, etc.): Photoshop 7

Prints: Costco $0.19/print (I mostly print 4x6) *surprizingly good results*

(man, are we ever going to talk about my new Blazer? heh heh ;))

note: Capture 1 and Neat Image = best money i've spent on photo editing software.

q-smooth
03-05-2004, 03:45 PM
just to take this thread further off track, The movie "oh brother where art thou?" was shot completly "raw". filter and balances were done in post. Looked really cool.

nice blazer, one day i'll post pictures of mine.