PDA

View Full Version : AO Membership 'Cards'

Xzion
09-21-2001, 03:16 AM
Myself and Slushee had an idea of creating member cards for all the AO members who might be intrested in them, but, we are looking to see if we are permitted to use the AO and AGD images on the cards, which we were hoping Tom could answer for us. Secondly, we were wondering how many members would be intrested. We would probably end up charging something like $2.00 to cover costs and such, as they wouldnt be free to make. and we are still in the process of designing and working things out, but nothing is set in stone until we have the go ahead from Tom and whatnot. Anyhow, for now feel free to leave questions, comments, and in Tom's case, permission :D

Thanx for your time.

PsychoMag
09-21-2001, 05:23 AM
what would they be made of??paper or plastic??Put a slot in one end to carry them with other cards like WPF and stuff.

I'd be ok with one...

MrAirgunRT
09-21-2001, 06:15 AM
I'd definately be interested in the cards. Sounds like a great idea to me. :)

DarkPhoenix
09-21-2001, 06:24 AM
Definitely interested. Post the design as soon as it becomes available.

Load SM5
09-21-2001, 06:32 AM
Sounds cool, but what would they be used for? My wallet is already full of crap.

PCI2000
09-21-2001, 06:52 AM
How about making a patch instead? I would wear it when I play.

PsychoMag
09-21-2001, 07:18 AM
a patch is cool too...i will put it right under my airgun designs patch.

irbodden
09-21-2001, 07:36 AM
Whats the point? I'd talk with fields across the country and work out some kind of deal with them, so all AO members get a small discount. Have anything planned? Or is this just like when we were 8 and made "secret club" cards. Is it a novelty item or does it have functions?

Doobie
09-21-2001, 08:57 AM
I'm game.
It may be novelty now, but if Tom likes the idea, maybe he could work out some benifits. I'm sure there are store owners that are members and could hook somthing up too.
ooohh. maybe you could put he SER# of the Mag(s) we own on the card!
:D

martlet1
09-21-2001, 10:46 AM
Cards are cool, but patches are cool too. I have patches from all the scenarios and tourneys I have been to. Lots of people look at my gear bag.
:)

squall
09-21-2001, 12:44 PM
If this is going somewhere, get the patches!

FaSSt
09-21-2001, 03:31 PM
"Buy more Ovaltine!"

-Jôker-
09-21-2001, 04:41 PM
EWWWWWW I WANT ONE! :p

irbodden
09-21-2001, 05:39 PM
Secret Code Ring.. Haha! The price is going to be alittle more than 2 bucks unless you plan on printing them on an InkJet and covering them in clear tape.

jas142
09-21-2001, 06:03 PM
Those would be awesome! I would buy one.

AGD
09-21-2001, 09:48 PM
Ok by us go for it!!!

AGD

SIGSays
09-22-2001, 05:23 AM
i'll send 2- $1 dollar bills, get cards

Prezents
09-22-2001, 08:14 AM
You cannot imagine who much I put into my Mag,,,,,,
Cards, Patch's I would take either~~~!!!~~~~
Prezentshttp://www.mauisun.org/ubb/smilies/cwm9.gif

fanera17
09-22-2001, 09:03 AM
I am interested in one card

zads27
09-22-2001, 12:02 PM
If there is some point behind them (the cards), I'll get one.
The patch sounds good to me.

zvanut
09-22-2001, 01:12 PM
i say go w/ both.

SuperOrangeTicTac
09-22-2001, 05:24 PM
yes i would be interested in both, i think it would be really cool.

irbodden
09-22-2001, 07:42 PM
Do you guys know anything about printing? Having it done by a proffesional? My school's ID printer was in the thousands,but it produces very nice cards/ids. What do you guys have in mind?

OldSchoolMag
09-23-2001, 01:33 PM
I'd go with both - I'd be willing to pay up to $5 for both, not including s&h. I like the Serial Number idea too:) Even if they were novelty, the patches are free advertising.

slushee
09-26-2001, 01:15 AM
Just a quick update to the ID tag idea. We thought the idea for the tags would be 'novel' and are still thinking about approaching AGD with the idea of some sort of membership and discounts. We have also started thinking about designing a patch which seems to be the preferred choice from you guy's. Now, if we do go ahead with the patch, then we'll end up just leaving the ID's as a novelty thing as we wouldn't have the time/energy to try to tackle both things at once. At this point, I think both Xzion and I have decided to go ahead and look into the costs associated with the patches

**the ID tags will be printed on a dye sublimation printer or equivalent or better inkjet printer and laminated with a hole punched in the top. We decided to go with a verticle tag instead of horizontal. Hopefully Xzion will have the two design's up here sooner then later..

I can't give an exact price as I haven't quite got all the costs down, but we're hoping for $2.50 US/$5.00 CAN for the ID tags.

Now we have just started disscussing the patch idea and will be designing the patch during the next few weeks. Remember, we're just a couple of guy's doing this for the hell of it, so things don't get done as quickly as we'd all like..

If you guy's have any suggestions, by all means, let us know .. as these things are for you!

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-26-2001, 06:30 AM
My .gif picture says it its a .gif or .jpg format when I try to upload it. please help....its an idea for the cards.

slushee
09-26-2001, 08:24 AM
you'll have to talk to Xzion or another AO member .. I sux at tryin to upload images :confused:

gimp
09-26-2001, 09:41 AM
I'd probably get one

Muzikman
09-26-2001, 12:25 PM
Slushee,

I talked to Xzion about the patches. If you guys need, I am willing to front the money to get the first batch produced. if you want, drop me an email or snag me in chat some night.

Xzion
09-26-2001, 05:05 PM
CoFFeY[NiTrO]; email your design to me at xzion@sympatico.ca, and I'll show it to Slushee, and perhaps post it along with our designs, once we update them to what the AO members have already suggested, for now, anything we do post, is concept only, were still playing with them. Also, chances are Slushee and I will be designing the tags, which we will run by all intrested parties, probably in this post. if anyothers want to send us concept designs, I'll create an email account specifically for them, so please, don't swamp my or Slushee's email with designs, as these are our personal addresses, let us create a seperate account for suggestion designs.

Thanx,

Dayspring
09-26-2001, 08:39 PM
I would also be interested in either one!

Xzion
09-27-2001, 11:20 PM
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/bttt.gif

slushee
09-28-2001, 12:46 PM
jsut an update .. we have come to the conclusion that we will go ahead with the patches (some excellent designs from Xzion but still not done) and we hope to put off the card idea until we have completed our first run of patches .. which will come after approval of the patch design here on AO. We still hope to inquire about member discounts and such but would like to first get out one of the many (hopefully) patches we are thinking of. The sales of the first run of patches (100 as far as I can tell right now) will determine how many we will make for our second run and whether we will introduce other patch designs.

Again, nothing set in stone.. later

Lone Gunman
09-29-2001, 04:11 PM
I would definately be interested in both patches and cards. I would take two patches as soon as you get a run made.

E-Mag man
09-29-2001, 09:32 PM
I think both are a great idea

Xzion
09-29-2001, 11:22 PM
Well, we will more than likely have the patches done at some point, though the cards are on the very back burner as stated before, were still working on a patch design at the moment, we'll have the end options posted in the near future, were sort of still working it out ourselves. Not to mention we dont have a 100% idea of what it will cost to produce these patches. We'll keep you informed as we determine such aspects.