PDA

View Full Version : Emags and rain

MagShooter
09-21-2001, 01:11 PM
The forecast for this Sunday calls for rain (and although I don't believe the weatherman, I want to be safe) all day. Will rain damage my brand spankin new Emag?

RobAGD
09-21-2001, 11:28 PM
I have not had a problem yet with my gun in the rain. Played most of Nov/Dec/Jan with rainy conditions. Not to mention the mudbaths and down pours at pratice.

If something does happen just remove the battery play in manual and let the gun dry out when your done playing.

-Robert

MagShooter
09-22-2001, 08:40 AM
wahhooo! Thanks for the info Rob. I agreed to let a friend of mine whose cocker is getting fixed use my classic mag (maybe he'll switch?), which is my backup now. I didn't want to have to tell him he can't use it now because my great new marker has problems with the rain :) Thanks a bunch.

Webmaster
09-22-2001, 10:11 AM
Go to the drug store and buy a large vat of vasaline - or petroleum jelly. Then libberaly coat your gun with it. It should keep the rain out entirely!

DarkPhoenix
09-22-2001, 11:45 AM
I have a similar question, is the e-mag water resistant/water-proof? How sensitive are the electronics to ESD, humidity, etc....?

AGD
09-22-2001, 08:48 PM
We have occasional reports of electronics now working in the rain but coming back after it dries out. That's why we have that little switch for mechanical overide.

AGD

MagShooter
09-22-2001, 08:59 PM
And yet another brilliant idea from AGD

Cha0tic
09-22-2001, 09:25 PM
wrap your whole gun in duct tape. that should do the trick.

raider_o1
09-22-2001, 10:50 PM
fill your sink full of water, turn on the emag, then toss it in. If it stops working, then yah it has a problem w/ the rain. :D

And what about EMP?

~WarpedRT~
09-25-2001, 06:43 PM
I once used a teammates E-mag in very heavy rain, and it did not hurt the gun at all. It only hurt the other team, as I took out the entire other team by myself. I think they had about 10-12 people playing on the other side, but the E-mag pushed through the rain, and came out blazing. I love that thing. He had to pry it from my hands! See, I was using it because he was using my sisters Chris Cole cocker, and I love that thing. But anyway, it works fine in the rain. Considering how this was in hurricane season down in florida. If any of you know about that, the rain comes down real hard.

MagShooter
09-25-2001, 08:06 PM
it worked fine in the rain. Only problem I had was that I couldn't get a ball to go straight for anything..combine week-old paint with water in the PF...bad things happen

Load SM5
09-25-2001, 10:18 PM
Probably should have taped over the powerfeed hole and barrel porting with electrical tape.

But thanks, for finding out about that rain thing for me. Now I feel better about playing with my E-mag in nasty weather.

MagShooter
09-26-2001, 01:08 PM
I had tape over both the powerfeed hole and the porting in the barrel..but the prob I think was that the tape over the PF got wet and didn't stick..allowing water to get inside.

raider_o1
09-27-2001, 12:58 PM
tape over the power feed will stick to the balls causing them to drop slower. instead use an oring and a squeeze-it bottle neck cut to fit.