PDA

View Full Version : E/X-Mag 4.0 software, update?

Rope a Dope
02-24-2004, 09:46 PM
I know theres already a thread discussing some issues with it, but now I am hearing about version 4.1.

So whats the ETA on when I can send my E-Mag in and have it updated to 4.0+?

Miscue
02-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Software is complete. It won't be available anytime soon, if at all. ETA: unknown. A hardware update is needed first.

gibby
02-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
...A hardware update is needed first.
UGH!!:( How much would that set us back?

Miscue
02-24-2004, 10:36 PM
I dunno, I'm not working on it and am unaware of anyone who is.

edweird
02-24-2004, 10:37 PM
its not a matter of how much yet... its a matter of updateing the ENTIRE board. ie from the ground up. and well its all in pre-pre-pre talk and not even started

So um get it reflashed 3.2 and enjoy the functions of a program that is fully compatable with the old board.

pbzmag
02-24-2004, 10:38 PM
What is the hardware update? Is it an easy fix that we can do or do we need to send it to AGD?

Mag Master 04
02-24-2004, 10:42 PM
whats the need for newer software? why cant we be content with what we have? we already have the fastest mech/electro guns on the market...why get greedy? some one fill me in

Rope a Dope
02-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Hardware issues?

From watchthint the video of 4.0 in action, I didn't see any hardware issues.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-24-2004, 10:57 PM
it randomly goes FA.

and they don't know what the problem is people.

Digits
02-24-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Mag Master 04
whats the need for newer software? why cant we be content with what we have? we already have the fastest mech/electro guns on the market...why get greedy? some one fill me in

ummm whats the point of having the fastest mech gun if you dont take advantage of the speed.. Big deal you can tell people you have the fastest valve, but when your only shooting half of what it is capable off, it doesn't really matter

GT
02-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by edweird
So um get it reflashed 3.2 and enjoy the functions of a program that is fully compatable with the old board.

WHATEVER!

You were blowing your load over the "knight rider" mode on your SFL!:D

edweird
02-24-2004, 11:39 PM
yeah... but it does not go randomly full auto on my SFL.

when I get back to speed with the tourneys I will /gulp have it flashed back to 3.2. Especially if it becomes an issue. However it has failed to have any issues yet on my board and if any do crop up im gonna reflash 3.2 asap.

Rope a Dope
02-24-2004, 11:46 PM
The slight increase in speed is nice, but I like all the extra features. To delay it in AGD fashion for another 6 years is silly when the only issue with it is some noise from the HES and having it go full auto. That can be resolved easily with a few days of R&D by AGD.

But I'm sure they're busy designing new sight rails and paintball markers that look like M-16's... cause that's what the sport of paintball still is!!

:rolleyes:

Come on guys... you have the software already made, come up with some little hardware upgrade that costs you $5 to make and charge us $100 to get like every other company out there. I know you can break tradition at least once and screw us out of some extra cash. I wouldn't mind if it means I can get 1 extra BPS over the chrono, cause I'll feel inferior to the next guy that has it, and THAT is how you cash in.

We all know you want the cash Tom, cause "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the woman."-Scarface

hardr0ck68
02-24-2004, 11:50 PM
i hate to say it, but i agree with rope a dope....

felony
02-24-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Rope a Dope
Hardware issues?

From watchthint the video of 4.0 in action, I didn't see any hardware issues.

Not sure if someone posted this already, but I heard that the solenoid could NOT keep up with the ROF of the 4.0 software. I thought i read that after 20 or so bps, the solenoid started sputtering so to speak.

Not sure though

dan

Digits
02-24-2004, 11:53 PM
The slight increase in speed is nice, but I like all the extra features. To delay it in AGD fashion for another 6 years is silly when the only issue with it is some noise from the HES and having it go full auto. That can be resolved easily with a few days of R&D by AGD.

But I'm sure they're busy designing new sight rails and paintball markers that look like M-16's... cause that's what the sport of paintball still is!!

Come on guys... you have the software already made, come up with some little hardware upgrade that costs you $5 to make and charge us $100 to get like every other company out there. I know you can break tradition at least once and screw us out of some extra cash. I wouldn't mind if it means I can get 1 extra BPS over the chrono, cause I'll feel inferior to the next guy that has it, and THAT is how you cash in.

We all know you want the cash Tom, cause "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the woman."-Scarface

If it's so easy why dont you do it?

GT
02-24-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Digits

If it's so easy why dont you do it?

you dont think AGD would mind someone messing with THIER software and hardware?

Rope a Dope
02-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Those that haven't seen it yet.

http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/nick4.0.wmv

Jack & Coke
02-25-2004, 12:14 AM
I think I need to update my hardware too!

My fingers are only 2.4 version. If I can upgrade them to 4.1 version, then not only will I be able to rip on the trigger faster, but I'll also be able to type faster as well!!! Muhahahaha!:D

RoadDawg
02-25-2004, 01:05 AM
I'm keeping my 4.0. Shoulda found your way to the AO CA meet J&C. Anyways. I've had some issues with FA from time to time. Not sure of the reasons but I think my plunger and noid aren't to correct settings. Then again I'm not a Emag tech so I'm clueless.

Steelrat
02-25-2004, 01:16 AM
3.2 on my emag was pretty darn fast this past weekend. That is, until my kila detent shot out the side of my gun, leading to chop-o-rama.

On a side note, see the chop during the Halo firing sequence? Whats up with that?

Rope a Dope
02-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Was it a chop or brittle paint? All that paint is breaking on that airball bunker. Blaze sure as hell doesn't do that. Refs at my field know better than to stand next to an airball bunker when I'm hammering on it, I've lit up a lot of refs bouncing paint off airball bunkers, lol

Yeah, not much of a speed increase with 4.0 over 3.2, I just like the extra features which SHOULDA been in version 1.0 such as BPS counter.

Steelrat
02-25-2004, 01:32 AM
Just realized that the paint was breaking on the bunker, hence fragile paint. Doah!

I loved the 4.0 features when I saw them. I wish the fix for the emag would be simple, but Im beginning to think that the basic, non-changable parts of the firing mechanism, such as the HES sensor and the big-ol' solenoid next to it are going to continue to cause problems unless a completely new setup is made.

I think that the EMag is getting rather long in the tooth, and this problem hints at that. I believe AGD isnt going to pour resources into the current emag, and would rather concentrate on its successor. 3.2 may well end up being the pinnacle of emag software.

thecavemankevin
02-25-2004, 08:27 AM
what i would like to know is why AGD hasn't used the solenoid like centerflag hyper frame. That is much smaller, requires less amps/volts and doesn't seem to have a problem of keeping up at 20 bps FA.

true, you would loose the switch to mech mode, but i would be surprised if the bright minds at AGD could figure out how to still make it work.

In the end, i think they should just dump the hess switch for a micro switch and not worry bout mech mode.

plus they should make it low pressure:)

hitech
02-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin
What i would like to know is why AGD hasn't used the solenoid like centerflag hyper frame.

Because the emag would have a huge increase in problems. That solenoid is just barely big enough and just barely has a long enough throw.

Plus they should make it low pressure :)

Why on earth would you want that!

thecavemankevin
02-25-2004, 10:41 AM
the lp thing was a joke

as for the hyper frame solenoid, i owned one for several years and it worked great. Oh, and you don't think e/xmags already have their host of problems?

Dayspring
02-25-2004, 11:25 AM
You opened the door, now walk through it.

Start naming the "problems."

Oh, and you don't think e/xmags already have their host of problems?

felony
02-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Steelrat

I think that the EMag is getting rather long in the tooth, and this problem hints at that. I believe AGD isnt going to pour resources into the current emag, and would rather concentrate on its successor. 3.2 may well end up being the pinnacle of emag software.

I think you are right. Like i said before, from what I have read the current solenoid CANNOT keep up with ROF above 20 or so, or at least that was some of the problem with 4.0.

I would agree with you that AGD will fix this in their next marker, but I am not sure if AGD will make another marker. They will do something, but I doubt it will be something gigantically different. Probably just an updated emag that can handle high ROF

dan

Jack & Coke
02-25-2004, 12:34 PM
If the mag were to evolve, my guess is it would have probably been something like the new Advent that is coming out soon...

BTW, I forgot... who's the one with that 20 bps Hyperframed mag? There was a video of it I think...

(searching)

oh yeah! I was Hitech :D heh heh

20 bps hyperframe (videos) (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85438&highlight=20+and+bps+and+hyperframe)

Miscue
02-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Alright, I'm working on the problem again with AGD. I have a few more ideas that I haven't tried out yet. No promises however, I'm not too optimistic about finding a simple solution... but that is what I'm looking for.

thecavemankevin
02-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
You opened the door, now walk through it.

Start naming the "problems."

well if nothing else, the main problem of the solenoid not being able to keep up with 20bps.

GT
02-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Hi tech,

Why do you prefer the Emag over your Hyperframed mag?

Dayspring
02-25-2004, 01:48 PM
20bps isn't the problem. 20bps+ is the problem. And right now, no hopper can reliably feed much faster than that besides the Halo.

The reason why other guns can cycle as fast as they do is b/c they use the solenoid to channel air from one side of a ram to another. You don't see the Emag doing that. We have to physically move something with mass & weight.

well if nothing else, the main problem of the solenoid not being able to keep up with 20bps.

Rope a Dope
02-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Tom said he had to turn down the reactivity with the ULT because it would be way too easy to bounce.

Tom also said the ULT would not work in a E/X-Mag because there is not as much reactivity as the standard on/off to return the solenoid back for the next shot so it actually slowed it down.

Does a shorter, lighter pull = the solenoid moving faster than 20 times a second? If so... why not make a special ULT that has full force reactivity for E and X mags?

If shorter and lighter pull doesn't make a solenoid move faster than 20 times a second, well forget I posted this then.

Joni
02-25-2004, 02:22 PM
I don't thint it's possible to make a ULT with higher reactivity. Higher reactivity would require more pull force as well. Although, with the ULT you could use a smaller soleonid (like the hyperframe), that requires less return force, can cycle faster, and probably runs off a 9v. It would require building a completely new grip, but it would be able to retrofit to any RT-valved mag with ult. I'm sure Tom has thought about this, but my guess is that the whole SP thing is holding AGD back from constructing a new electro.

Jack & Coke
02-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Joni

...my guess is that the whole SP thing is holding AGD back from constructing a new electro...

Which is exactly why AGD should take a serious look at developing a hybrid pneumatic assist mag like this:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94401

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=932821http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=932825

or

http://home.kc.rr.com/theelectrician/magsideview.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

*nudge nudge hint hint*

Chojin Man
02-25-2004, 02:43 PM
How is pneumatics going to help fix the current problems?

hitech
02-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Personally I think someone needs to find a smaller solenoid that uses the same linkage as the existing solenoid. I can’t remember where I saw it, but someone posted a link to the company that produces the solenoid that the emag uses. They make smaller ones that look like they would fit in the same place as the existing solenoid. Install a ULT and a smaller battery and you would have an emag that cycles faster and uses less current. Don’t look to Tom to do it; the very real threat of patent litigation will keep this from happening. :(

gibby
02-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by hitech
Personally I think someone needs to find a smaller solenoid that uses the same linkage as the existing solenoid. I can’t remember where I saw it, but someone posted a link to the company that produces the solenoid that the emag uses. They make smaller ones that look like they would fit in the same place as the existing solenoid. Install a ULT and a smaller battery and you would have an emag that cycles faster and uses less current. Don’t look to Tom to do it; the very real threat of patent litigation will keep this from happening. :(
Yes, the company that makes the solenoid happens to be in the same city where I live. I've tried to contact them but so far nothing. :(

hitech
02-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
Hi tech,

Why do you prefer the Emag over your Hyperframed mag?

There are a lot of reasons.

First, I never got the hyperframe to work properly on my classic. The supplied on/off pins from Centerflag (this was BEFORE the ULT) were either too short or too long. I needed one in the middle. The ULT would have fixed this. However, it is MUCH harder to get a hyperframe to work. They will only work when everything is perfect, or close to it. They can be hard to get working correctly, where as the emag works most of the time. It is also easier to fix when it doesn’t. That’s what a ‘mag is supposed to me. :D

Second, Mechanical mode. I worry much less about my battery.

Third, reliability. If the solenoid moves even the slightest bit in the hyperframe it’s going to stop firing, or fire intermittently. The adjustment is very critical, and the solenoid is not help in place very well. Also, the solenoid is far more durable in the emag than the hyperframe.

Fourth, adjustability. The trigger in the emag is very adjustable. The trigger in the hyperframe is not adjustable at all.

Fifth. Version 4.0. The software in the emag can be updated. The board in the hyperframe cannot. Want new software? You have to buy and entire new board. And the features in 4.0 were almost made just for me. ;)

Sixth. Speed. While both are capable of 20bps, I can fire the emag at 18bps in semi mode. Now, granted, this is only because of the shape of the trigger, it’s the stock trigger. I can’t do the same thing with the hyperframe’s trigger. This is minor, since it could be changed, but that would require that I modify it. And I don’t know where I can get a spare hyperframe trigger (never asked centerflag if I could purchase one).

That’s all I can think of at the moment. You get the idea. :D

BTW, I like the hyperframe. It is a good alternative. The emag is just better. :D

hitech
02-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by gibby

Yes, the company that makes the solenoid happens to be in the same city where I live. I've tried to contact them but so far nothing. :(

Do you know what their web address is? or, do you know a web address for someone who sells their solenoids?

I'm assuming you know the companies name? Could you post it?

Thanks. :D

BobTheCow
02-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
BTW, I forgot... who's the one with that 20 bps Hyperframed mag? There was a video of it I think...

(searching)

oh yeah! I was Hitech :D heh heh

20 bps hyperframe (videos) (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85438&highlight=20+and+bps+and+hyperframe) :( The vids are down now.

hitech
02-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
:( The vids are down now.

Sorry guys, I have very limited disk space and very limited band width. I needed the space for something else. I'll see if I can get them back up. :D

Okay, they should work until my bandwidth is exceeded (which will happen soon). I suggest right click and save. ;)

GT
02-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
Which is exactly why AGD should take a serious look at developing a hybrid pneumatic assist mag like this:

I have never understood this hybrid mag crap. First, the ULT is out, so why bother with a smooth mech trigger pull when we already have one?

The second mag is nothing more than an "ebladed" mag with another LPR?

I sure wish someone would desgin a mech frame that had some kind of lever mech assist that would further decrease the ULT's trigger pull.;)

Finally,
have any of you felt a classic with a ult? I find it really smooth and extremely light..... its so close to an electro i can almost taste it!

trevorjk
02-25-2004, 04:08 PM

I sure wish someone would desgin a mech frame that had some kind of lever mech assist that would further decrease the ULT's trigger pull.;)

working on it should have something in a month or so maybe later... will let you know although it may add a few onces to the over all pull weight it should take a noticeable amount of the total distance of the pull

Jack & Coke
02-25-2004, 04:55 PM
gtrsi,

ULT = soft pull (long travel), however mucho chuff chuff

Hybrid mag concept = soft pull (micro travel), and a lot less chuff chuff

From the owner of:
http://home.kc.rr.com/theelectrician/magclose-up.jpg

the electrician wrote on 09-03-2003 07:52 PM:

The trigger pull is 1 mm and about 10 oz of force... so yeah it's short and pretty light. I'm trying to get it lighter.

No. I can't walk the trigger, but then again I don't like to shoot that way. It is however, almost impossible to short stroke it. It can out shoot the revvy in the right hands. The damn thing gets hot.

It's a mod that takes a mill and alot of patience to do. It's pretty simple really if you have the tools. the ASA is tapped to put the reg on the front, then a slot is milled in the body rail for th hose to travel to a micro 3-way behind the trigger. The air then goes to a small air ylinder which pulls the sear down off the bolt.

I think that new on/off design (ULT) might reduce the psi input into the valve, thereby reducing the trigger pull force a bit.

I'm working on a new design that is easier to build and works on a lower psi. and an electro version.

You know, a WGP hinge frame, with a bomb 4-way could produce a super light, 1 mm trigger pull for a mag that would be scary. That might be something to think about...

Originally posted by nicad
about a year ago I made a first version of this same thing.. but with a custom made 3-way..
pull was ~0.5mm and wieght was ~2-3oz. however it didnt have fast enough fireing rate.

Iv since been working on a new prototype snap 3-way that should be the answer. if all goes well itll all be a drop-in mod for existing grips.

time will tell..

latest prototype 3-way valve is 2.5oz pull weight and 0.003" stroke. (yes thats 1/13 of a mm)
ofcourse real-world application will have to be more than that to cover for reliability and variances..

hooraa! :)

OK yall i have a working prototype trigger on a gun now.
some specs-
trigger pull weight(at lightest setting): 2.0oz
trigger stroke distance: ~0.010"
ROF: tested/verified at 20.4bps.
I personally can pull a verfied ~14.5bps.
this is NOT an electrical trigger. it is mechanical. no more batteries. no more smartparts.

drop by the AGD booth at Worldcup to check it out (if its not broken yet). :)

attached is a soundclip of it doing 20.4bps. yes its "full auto". the trigger is physically being pulled by an air ram driven by a Race board. some say that means nothing. I say it means its a mechanical gun capable of hitting 20bps with the feel of an electro-trigger.

http://www.deadlywind.com/hAir/hAir ROF test 20bbps max.wav

An Xvalve with ULT in it is a nice mechanical.. but still very much no mistaking its mechanical. the ULT does not shorten the trigger pull, but it lowers the pull weight down to around 16oz i think??

you can put a cocker/Clippard/etc 3way in a mag frame and make a nice trigger pull as well.

What iv done is developed a hybrid 3-way specifically for this application and yes it is 2oz pull weight and ~.004" travel (thats 0.1mm). Most electro triggers, even some "tuned" ones, have a longer/harder pull. When you say "rip".. you mean shoot fast? cause it does.. and with little effort. I can "two-finger-tap" the trigger up to around 14-15bps.

I havent been saying too much about the project due to some protection processes and some coming work that ill be doing with some companies with it in the near future... and im not just blowing smoke here either. :)

out!

Originally posted by Punisher
Hi guys,
Jack & Coke told me there was a thread here about the PneuMag so I thought I'd pop in.

The one displayed in my gallery was built to the customer's specs: He wanted a slide trigger and front mounted pneumatics so that's what he got.

I built the ram to suit, it's got a grand total throw of 3/16" when running free. It runs at 45psi. I do wish I'd had an E-mag sear when I built it originally, t'would have made things easier.

I've since redesigned the conversion for a couple reasons. Directly linking to the sear is a pain in the butt and seems to cause some some wear and consistency issues. My new layout is pneumatic but has NO RAM. Wrap your brains around that.....hehehehehe.

Also, for you home builder types...a little hint that some may not want you to have. most every solenoid valve out there that's used in current paintball guns has a mechanical counterpart. Basically the same valve section but no electric coil. These puppies have ridiculously short throws and switch VERY quickly. A very good way to get that ultra short trigger pull. One should consider though that you need a certain amount of hysteresis or hold up for the close time. A trigger pull that's too short on a marker of this nature will make it tough to cycle smoothly.

So far the best over all results have been with one a couple setups.

1) Hinge frame (your choice) and Shockteck Bomb or similar 3-ring 4-way valve. With and Eclipse hinge and bomb I've tuned for a 2mm pull that allowed enough hold up to cycle smooth and consistent.

2) Mag spec Dye single trigger frame and mechanical version of the Humphrey's 401 valve. I had an adjustable linkage on this setup that allowed trigger throw from a baseline of 1.775mm down to a ridiculous .53mm!

I'll have to go back and read tis whole thread when I get a chance, looks like a good one!

As you can read, it's an interesting concept that's been done before and has much potential beyond the ULT. :)

Now imagine if AGD actually pull their effort and brains into this??? Game over! ;)

GT
02-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Jack,
If the cutom shops cant pull it off why would AGD even try? Infact I dont even care if AGD makes the super light trigger pull frame, I just want it done.

I have read all of those threads, they arnt new, so what does that tell you about the products lifespan if it didnt even make it out of the R&D side of the house?

nicad
02-25-2004, 07:00 PM
... I have read all of those threads, they arnt new, so what does that tell you about the products lifespan if it didnt even make it out of the R&D side of the house?

hmm... who ever said it didnt???
there are other means of communication and of doing business outside of AO. ;)

out!

coolcatpete
02-25-2004, 11:16 PM
I want to know now.
Pete

Rope a Dope
02-26-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Joni
I don't thint it's possible to make a ULT with higher reactivity.

Read my post.... Tom said he had to turn DOWN the reactivity because it was way too easy to bounce. This is the reason why a ULT is not good for an E/X-Mag, because with low reactivity it makes it slower than a standard on/off.

Joni
02-26-2004, 02:18 AM
My bad. I see what your'e saying now.

Jack & Coke
03-01-2004, 07:14 PM

I have never understood this hybrid mag crap. First, the ULT is out, so why bother with a smooth mech trigger pull when we already have one?

Jack,

If the cutom shops cant pull it off (hybrid mag) why would AGD even try? Infact I dont even care if AGD makes the super light trigger pull frame, I just want it done.

I have read all of those threads, they arnt new, so what does that tell you about the products lifespan if it didnt even make it out of the R&D side of the house?

Oh yee of little faith...:D

Yes, Deadlywind (me, specifically) made a mechanical trigger which feels like or better than an electro (as some of you have experienced). Because of its potential, I have been trying not to talk about it until its protected, ready to go, etc..

I am working with a company for protection and manufacturing capabilities. Not AGD, but one that is close and friendly with AGD.

At one time Tom was interested in my trigger setup, but he has since announced that he has a better trigger design. If it is indeed better, which he claims it is, then AGD has moved up a notch in my respect book for making one better than mine. :)

I'm very currious about how he has accomplished this. Cant wait to see a final product.

out!

:p

gibby
03-01-2004, 07:28 PM

Do you know what their web address is? or, do you know a web address for someone who sells their solenoids?

I'm assuming you know the companies name? Could you post it?

Thanks. :D
Sure! I have the link at home so I'll post it once I get the chance. Sorry, I didn't revisit this thread until recently.

S.S Bandit1
03-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Getting back to 4.0...

I just hope someone continues to work on this project as AGD begins to move onto new products.

As others have said, I too would like to be able to get 4.0 but not wait forever.

Dayspring
03-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Since they are discontiuing the production of the gun that would take the software, I doubt that 4.0 will make it into the public domain fully.

Originally posted by S.S Bandit1
Getting back to 4.0...

I just hope someone continues to work on this project as AGD begins to move onto new products.

As others have said, I too would like to be able to get 4.0 but not wait forever.

gibby
03-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Here's the website of the company that makes the solenoid.

http://www.solenoidcity.com/

Hope this helps.

Miscue
03-03-2004, 11:50 AM
Still working on it - not the software, but the marker. :(

hitech
03-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Here's the website of the company that makes the solenoid.

http://www.solenoidcity.com/

Hope this helps.

Yes it does. You you happen to know which one is in the emag?

gibby
03-04-2004, 01:32 PM

Yes it does. You you happen to know which one is in the emag?
No I don't but I can try seeing if there's any model number on it. I'll check later on and let you know what I find.

hitech
03-04-2004, 01:35 PM

No I don't but I can try seeing if there's any model number on it. I'll check later on and let you know what I find.

Thanks, but I found where I had the information. If your interested, it is a Series S-15-75. I don't know the wire size or the turns. Tom, want to help us out?

Swede X-mag
03-08-2004, 03:48 AM
Still working on it - not the software, but the marker. :(

Any progress?

Miscue
03-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Swede X-mag

Any progress?

Yeah, I leveled my agility elf quite a few times in the past few days. Progressing nicely.

I'll let you know when we get there. :p

thecavemankevin
03-08-2004, 04:27 PM
perhaps its time to get rid of your elf and toss troll in there

MantisMag
03-08-2004, 05:39 PM

Yeah, I leveled my agility elf quite a few times in the past few days. Progressing nicely.

I'll let you know when we get there. :p

lol. i haven't been able to play at all this weekend. servers have all been full whenever i try. :(

RoadDawg
03-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Hey Q. I had an interesting phenom today. As I shot it kept rebooting. Could it have been a low battery? I charged it 6 hours last night before my day of play so I'm not sure if that's it. Anyways. Just something a bit odd that I'd report and yes I've still kept my 4.0 due to the fact I'm too lazy to send it anywhere and when it works it flies and is ultra sweet. Anyways. Any ideas?

Miscue
03-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by RoadDawg
Hey Q. I had an interesting phenom today. As I shot it kept rebooting. Could it have been a low battery? I charged it 6 hours last night before my day of play so I'm not sure if that's it. Anyways. Just something a bit odd that I'd report and yes I've still kept my 4.0 due to the fact I'm too lazy to send it anywhere and when it works it flies and is ultra sweet. Anyways. Any ideas?

Eh, sounds like it's broken. :p

I dunno, look for obvious problems first.

RoadDawg
03-13-2004, 09:28 PM
I'll try charging the battery and make sure the connections are fine. I'll report probably later on in the week.

WARPED1
03-13-2004, 11:10 PM

We all know you want the cash Tom, cause "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the woman."-Scarface Couldn't have said it better myself. Creating "artificial demand" seems to be AGD's thing sinmce the early 90's...........

John Sosta, AGD Europe
03-14-2004, 03:43 AM
The full auto issue can can resolved by turning the hall sensor around in the carier by 180 degrees you will also have to turn the magnet around as the magnet will be the wrong polarity after the turning of the hall sensor .
This has worked for us in 12 cases of the the full auto issue, Those of you that are having this problem should try it it involves no soldering and takes about 5 mins.

Lord_Whoopass
03-14-2004, 04:46 AM
:eek: Q try that... If it takes care of it, that means I might be able to get my hands on the one, the only 4.1 with Knight rider mode... hehe anyways best of luck to ya Q and hope you figure it out... I have faith in you man...

Miscue
03-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Whoopass
:eek: Q try that... If it takes care of it, that means I might be able to get my hands on the one, the only 4.1 with Knight rider mode... hehe anyways best of luck to ya Q and hope you figure it out... I have faith in you man...

I tried the equivalent to that over a month ago... except I used a loose magnet instead of the trigger magnet, and a loose HES, and flipped them over. To my understanding, it is the same thing as swapping solenoid wires... reversing the logic - so you have FA when trigger is released (rare, but sustained) instead of when pulled. However, I'll assume that I'm overlooking something and will give it a shot... after class is over on Wednesday.

WARPED1
03-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Slightly off topic, but will AGD store still have boards in 2 or 3 months? I might get an Emag without a board in a trade, would need to save etc, so just wondering.

RoadDawg
03-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by RoadDawg
I'll try charging the battery and make sure the connections are fine. I'll report probably later on in the week.

Q, Just so you know I figured out my problem. I guess the vibration of my emag vibrated the screw holding the board loose and that was causing the issue I was having.

gibby
03-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Slightly off topic, but will AGD store still have boards in 2 or 3 months? I might get an Emag without a board in a trade, would need to save etc, so just wondering.
My guess is he will. Good luck with that Emag purchase...hopefully this time, you don't trade it away. :p

RD, glad to hear you figured out the problem. I was thinking about your problem late last night and wondered if it was a power thing. I had that problem when rebuilding the emag after the re-ano. It wasn't till I scraped off some of the ano did I get constant power. It would turn on and off too.

So...when do we play again?!

hitech
03-15-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by John Sosta, AGD Europe
The full auto issue can can resolved by turning the hall sensor around in the carier by 180 degrees you will also have to turn the magnet around...

Can someone tell me how to turn the magnet around? And if soldering is not a problem, which is easier?

trevorjk
03-15-2004, 11:58 AM

Can someone tell me how to turn the magnet around? And if soldering is not a problem, which is easier?

he said no soldering was needed so im guessing you dont have to solder anything ;)

Swede X-mag
03-16-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by John Sosta, AGD Europe
The full auto issue can can resolved by turning the hall sensor around in the carier by 180 degrees you will also have to turn the magnet around as the magnet will be the wrong polarity after the turning of the hall sensor .
This has worked for us in 12 cases of the the full auto issue, Those of you that are having this problem should try it it involves no soldering and takes about 5 mins.

I did this last night and no more trigger bounce for me.

But Then I only have 2.21 on my board. But the full auto is totaly gone.
:D