PDA

View Full Version : Z-Man's Rapidfire Revised Videos

Z-man
02-24-2004, 09:54 PM
I have noticed that my old rapidfire video has become a popular video to argure how nice Mags are and all that.

Now those videos have been hosted by Steelrat and I have my own connection now so I would like to take the load off him and update the videos.

I have redone the videos in MPEG-4 so they end up being a bit larger but much nicer looking.

The thread is located on my site at:

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/mag_info/rapidfire/rf_disclaimer.html

Or if you just want to see videos:

Z-man's AO corner
http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/z-mans_corner/zmans_corner_main.html

Thanks. Feedback is accepted. Mindless blather is ignored.

tony3
02-24-2004, 10:06 PM
uhhhhh, damz0r

LittlePaintballBoy
02-24-2004, 10:57 PM
At the end of the speed range one all I was thinking was "It wasn't me!!"

ZAust
02-25-2004, 01:36 AM
BAHAHA. zak, whats the with uber tough look in the speed rangfe video? maybe the the picture from the protect the president game wasnt enough to make you look tough?

Z-man
02-25-2004, 01:53 AM
I think I either was concentrating very hard or trying not to bend myself in any way that would remind me of me weekend. If I had wanted to be real hardcore, I would have done it shirtless. I have a fatty 3in diameter bloody bruise on my shoulder.

At least you can see how RF can be sped up and slowed down.

Steelrat
02-25-2004, 02:00 AM
You are Rapidfire incarnate. Everyone else has to work at it, you just hit the trigger and go. Its amazing. Best thing is that I can drop to debounce 1 on the viking and you cant say boo about it :D

Z-man
02-25-2004, 02:05 AM
You know I have that clip of you shooting allong with me. While I was rapidfiring, you were shooting the Viking WITHOUT a cheating debounce and you STILL sounded as fast as me. That's a Viking for you...

http://www.zakvetter.com/Videos/Steelrat%20Ripping.mov

Steelrat
02-25-2004, 02:12 AM
You made my day posting that. I love that video. You can hear Morgan and someone else oohing and aaaaahhhing as we fire our guns.

xXHavokXx
02-25-2004, 03:39 AM
After seeing those vids and shooting your gun this weekend at the Sac Vision tourney youre strengthening my resolve to get a mag.

FreakBaller12
02-25-2004, 06:53 AM
wow....:eek: that's amazing.

Doobie
02-25-2004, 03:08 PM
:eek: You gotta share your settings, ie...input psi, do you have a trigger stop, etc.

tony3
02-25-2004, 05:08 PM
look on his site, he explains all about it, I totally want a mag now after watching it again, so awesome.

Doobie
02-25-2004, 07:08 PM
yup...there it is! Thanks :)

Z-man
02-27-2004, 03:04 AM
UPDATE:
Rapid-fire page updated and refined to reflect current information and better explain it's nature. (aka this is an excuse to take this post back to page 1)

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/mag_info/rapidfire/rf_disclaimer.html

TheDoveDecends
02-27-2004, 03:41 PM
for some reason i cant view these.. i get a quicktime error that says "Quicktime does not have the software needed to run this".. something like that.. anyone have any idea what this error is? I get audio.. no video.

xXHavokXx
02-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Now you have all the guys on my team considering mags. What exactly was the set up on that RT you showed us?

Z-man
02-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by TheDoveDecends
for some reason i cant view these.. i get a quicktime error that says "Quicktime does not have the software needed to run this".. something like that.. anyone have any idea what this error is? I get audio.. no video.

Make sure you have the current version of Quicktime (v)6.5 from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

If you don't want ot deal with Quicktime you might try a free app called "MPlayer" which works well. If you cannot watch the movie on the site, try right-clicking it and saving it on your HD.

Originally posted by xXHavokXx
Now you have all the guys on my team considering mags. What exactly was the set up on that RT you showed us?

That is my RT Pro. The is nothing particularly unique about it; just ULE parts and a nice air system. You can see it in my gallery with the description below it here (it's the second from the top).

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/galleries/mech_mags/blykins_rt.html

RtDaNiMaL
02-28-2004, 10:15 PM
ahhhh...
all hail the incredible Zak

hey p.s. Zak were did u play wen u were up in sac for ur tourney town and field if u could please

p.p.s. y havent u PMed me on those barrels?

Scottay
03-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Can you rapid fire with the logic vert frame?

Z-man
03-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Scottay
Can you rapid fire with the logic vert frame?

I don't see why not. It's got a trigger that pushes on the sear pin and that is about all that is required on a frame ;)

Spitfire
05-12-2004, 08:39 AM
that is without a doubt the most incredible thing i have ever seen- i can't shoot that fast on my mate's emag , strange imp, or aced lcd.... what the hell- how is that even possible>?>!

atm743
05-12-2004, 05:17 PM
hey i was reading your site and i see that is says that you cant get your mag with ult to have a rt trigger. mag if i had a video camra i would show you how fast mine is. i have it set so if you are shooting at 150 fps witch i never do because i play in the woods our local feild closed. its to me faster then my friends electric pyrahna and that the pyrahna gose at least 12 bps. you can pm dj89 he seen me shoot it and it going that fast. you have to really play with the level 10 spacers. i had mine spacer a litter tighter than i useally use and i play with the shims on the ult. i can take apart my mag and tell you what spacer and shims i am useing if you want but i dont feel like it now bacause i have to mess with the ult spacers and i put some level 10 once on it to.

Z-man
05-12-2004, 07:43 PM
hi ATM.

I am aware that the ULT can be setup to rapid-fire but it requires you to set it up with more spacers than are needed. According to AGD and the ULT's that I have messed with, the ULE Trigger, when properly adjusted, do NOT bounce. However as you (and many others) have found out, a little tweaking goes a long way. The reason I do not address this in my rapid-fire thread is because technically that is not a tuned configuration. I decided to show how you can make the RT valve rapid-fire right out of the box stock. No mods, no grinding parts, no adding too many shims, no drilling new holes; 100% factory stock.

atm743
05-12-2004, 07:45 PM
ohh i c now ya your right it bunces a little for me but not much and also seems like a harder pull but it still light :D

SanDiegoMag
05-13-2004, 12:52 AM
My gun did that, but i changed the carrier and added a shim and it doesnt do it anymore~!