PDA

View Full Version : Can you seal the paintball paint on something?

ExtremeODD
02-24-2004, 10:30 PM
I mean, cuz some paintsplatters from like 10 types of colors and stuff looks pretty cool, so i was thinking of taking my old comp case, lighting it up, then putting on a clear coat over it, or something. Is there any way I could do this, or get some paintballs with really thick fill or replace the fill with a needle, or something. all help is greatly appreciated

sps16
02-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Maybe if you used some gloss clear spary paint or this type of clear spray paint that is used to protect signatures on things. I forget the name of the last one. I am not sure if it would work, i have never tried it :)

Halliday
02-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Spray Fixitif (sp) You can get it from most Art stores.

Python14
02-24-2004, 11:42 PM
It would have to be some pretty hardcore stuff. Paint is pretty heavy. However, I too would like to do something similar. I want to take a section of wall and do that.

Carbon
02-25-2004, 02:57 AM
you cant. The paint in paintballs are water/glycerin/mineral oil based binders. Clearcoats are usually some kind urathane/oil based stuff. In short they dont mix and bind, they repel.

Eatem Alive
02-25-2004, 11:44 AM
you can still buy oil based paintballs from nelson, i believe. it makes really nice paintings when shot against an art canvas.

*captain_cox*37
02-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Lite it up and then let it sit out in the sun for a couple of days. ;)

rtpro28
02-25-2004, 01:47 PM
i don't think any clear will sustain paintball splatter, it would probably just melt into the clear. but try it, it might be pretty cool. SHow pics of it if it works. also you could dip a tooth brush in enamel ( or any paint that isn't water based) and hold back the brissles and let them fly, to get about the same effect.. may take a while longer, but will work! ever heard of Jackson Pollock?? (artist that was known for splatter effects) check out his work...