PDA

View Full Version : E-Mags, Hopper Left vs. Vert

Russ
09-21-2001, 03:09 PM
Yes, I know it's been asked, but we have a post quota to fill:)

I just ordered a hopper left. I plan on installing a Warp Feed, but I also like the idea of NOT using the Warp, if I should so desire. Any difference in ROF (or should I say ball-feeding capability) between the 2 body styles?

I may end up ordering a Warp Feed body, too.:cool:

FeelTheRT
09-21-2001, 03:23 PM
Warp Feed, right handed = hopper right

Warp Feed, left handed = hopper left

no Warp = vert feed.

FaSSt
09-21-2001, 09:33 PM
I had a hopper left Retro Mag, and now have a vertical feed E-mag. I can't say that there is any appreciably greater ROF due to the vert. feed, HOWEVER the gun is much nicer balanced for ambidextrous shooting (for instance, shooting out the left side of the bunker using my right hand).

I know, some people say that with the Warp this is a moot point, but that depends on your style of play.

blitz134
09-21-2001, 10:07 PM
i just got my emag the other day and the warp will be here monday...but im playing this weekend so i have to use the powerfeed...it is hopper right so i can do an easy warp attatchment...it shouldn't be any different than a normal mag and the emag in speeds when you are using the powerfeed...i konw tomorrow since i have to use a revy on my powerfeed im going to limit my bps down to around 10 so i dont chop...but...i would get the powerfeed so you can do a warp and just deal with maybe a 1 second slower bps when you compare the powerfeed to the vertical feed...and if you chop with teh powerfeed just limit the bps on the gun down a little lower

Russ
09-22-2001, 05:46 AM
blitz134,

Can you attach the warp feed to the bottom of the hopper right set-up? With the hopper left (the one I got) I gotta attach the warp to the top of the feed tube, definitly not low profile.

User
09-22-2001, 07:45 PM
One of the reasons why I got an E-Micromag (that name probably makes you horrified now, huh? ;)) was for the low-rise vertical feed, because I didn't see a need for the warp at that time. A few hopper hits later and seeing a need for lower profile, I'm anxiously awaiting my warp and the sale of modular bodies. :) I'd say stick with the powerfeed versions if you're using a warp most of the time. I do believe you can attach the warp to the bottom of the powerfeed also, but that might have been in relation to the cut-down warp powerfeeds.