PDA

View Full Version : *Official* PSP LA Open Thread

Jonesie
02-25-2004, 09:32 AM
OK, as a result of my unbelievable excitement over the PSP LA Open, I'm going to start the "official" thread! I feel so important! :rolleyes:

OK, so who's going to be there? When you gonna be there? Are you watching, playing, both? If you're playing, what and who ya playin' with?

I'll be there Wed night playing 10-man Novice with Wildfire, pimpin the X-Mag and the SFL E-Mag.

We need to get an AO meeting going in LA.

BTW - If this goes in M&G, sorry. I've seen other "event threads" in Talk and thought it would get more traffic. Move if you must. ;)

Later ~ Dave

skirts
02-25-2004, 09:46 AM
hey flip queen... you gonna be there ;) ???

who are you playing with?

skirts

Clare
02-25-2004, 11:38 AM
We'll be there playing Div. 3 Xball with Empress

who are you playing with?
She will be playing as a fill-in and trying out for Empress, as well.

Jonesie
02-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Hey Clare,
Since my girlfriend is tagging along to LA, my team mates have "put me in charge of ladies in LA." Any chance you would let a lowly 10-man team hangout with your babe-a-licious X-Ball team? ;)

skirts
02-25-2004, 12:58 PM
hey jonsie... step off man... scooter and i get to take care of those girls (we get to be podb****s for the b****s)

claire, i knew that... i was hoping flip would post about how excited she is to KILLLLLLLL people.

see you all at pamona

skirts

Curly
02-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Anyone need to pick up any players? Im down to play to get ready for HB...

Jonesie
02-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by skirts
hey jonsie... step off man... scooter and i get to take care of those girls (we get to be podb****s for the b****s)

claire, i knew that... i was hoping flip would post about how excited she is to KILLLLLLLL people.

see you all at pamona

skirts

skirts, that's quite nice of you to take care of the ladies like that. I don't know why, but my teammates figure I have some power with the ladies... or something. I don't know. They're putting the committed (I should be) guy in charge of getting the women, that won't get me in any trouble or anything. :eek:

Later ~ Dave

skirts
02-25-2004, 03:49 PM
well jonsie... i wont be able to make it till thursday night so ill let your team visit the girls on thursday before i get there ;)

GOOD LUCK EMPRESS...
GOOD LUCK FLIP-QUEEN...

skirts

Curly
02-25-2004, 06:14 PM
Skirts:

Check your email fool. :)

minimag187
02-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Go Total eclipse/xcessive/excessive (they switched to one of those names from total eclipse).

RoadDawg
02-25-2004, 09:27 PM
I'll be watching as I'm not into the tourny scene yet. Still deciding if it's worth the effort and cash. I'm up for a AO get together of some sort. I'm not much of a drinker but I can always take a couple Sammies. What day would work best for the people to get together?

pbzmag
02-25-2004, 11:29 PM
I'll be there on Sat.

Jonesie
02-26-2004, 09:55 AM
I'm kinda surprised to see a "low turnout" for an event in SO-CAL... Oh well, I look forward to seeing some fellow AO-ers.

UltimatePaintballer
02-26-2004, 12:23 PM
good luck to all teams. if anyone wants me to be their pod ***** i will happily fly down with your team and help out.;)

flip-queen
02-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Fo' shizzy Skirts! I can't wait to hook up with Empress and shoot some fools. I've been going through pb withdrawal...so I am definitely ready to ball.

Jack & Coke
02-26-2004, 01:39 PM
http://www.pspevents.com/images/laopen/title.gif

http://www.pspevents.com/

http://www.fairplex.com/fp/MapsandDirections/img/map2lg.gif

http://www.fairplex.com/fp/admin/Calendar/EventPics/590_Paintball-%20Lg.jpg

03.04 - 03.07

Time:
11:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Event Details:
Exciting team competition with cash and prizes awarded to winners. Free admission to spectators. Parking at Gate 17 on Fairplex Dr.

www.pspevents.com

The Computer Fair is also on 3/7 :)

http://www.fairplex.com/fp/admin/calendar/EventPics/477_NPEI%20CF%20logo%202-c%20small.jpg

Time:
10:00 AM - 05:00 PM

Event Details:
Hundreds of computer related items at wholesale prices. General admission is $8 and free for ages 10 and younger. Parking at Gate 14 on White Ave., preferred parking at Sheraton Suites Fairplex on McKinley Ave.

So no AGD in SoCal (cocker county) again huh?:(

Will anyone be there who will be able to flash my emag (upgrade software)?

RoadDawg
02-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Jonesie
I'm kinda surprised to see a "low turnout" for an event in SO-CAL... Oh well, I look forward to seeing some fellow AO-ers.
The turn out is because the place charges 6 buck to park. I will be there but others might be playing that weekend or have other plans. J&C I doubt anyone will be able to flash your board at the event. Maybe at the next AO SoCal get together we could get someone to come. I know DirtyBunny was looking into trying to do it and it wouldn't suprise me if RogueFactor starts doing it in the near future.

MMM
02-26-2004, 04:28 PM
I thought DirtyBunny was taking time off from the paintball scene.

cockermatt
02-26-2004, 05:58 PM
I'll be there.

Playing 10 man Novice with SIN.

p8ntball1016
02-26-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm kinda surprised to see a "low turnout" for an event in SO-CAL... Oh well, I look forward to seeing some fellow AO-ers. low turnout? i was at rexplex yesterday, which many teams use to practice, and it was pretty much deserted. the only ones there was me and my friends, a couple of recballers and another team.

minimag187
02-28-2004, 12:08 PM
The guys I play got to play xball with, and have known them since 2000 (Total Eclipse) have switched their name to Excessive which they are now Div1, playing against dynasty, naughty dogs etc. Good luck to them!

Curly
02-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Looks like I will be cruising down to the psp with skirts and helping out empress in the pit area.

Jonesie
02-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Well, the schedules came out today. Wildfire got a tough draw... Momma's Boys, Fusion, Justice and Rock-It-Kids. It won't be easy, but the upper half of the Novice Division makes the semis. Hopefully, we'll be in there. :)

I wish we could have gotten the draw some others had, Femmes Fatale and Femmes Fatale Rookie. :rolleyes:

Later ~ Dave

Load SM5
02-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Damn Dave, could you have gotten a harder draw?

Good luck guys.

minimag187
02-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Excessive
Los Angeles Open - Division I X-Ball

Fredrik Ahlström ProAm
Robin Brooke Novice
Adam Connolly Novice
Nicky Cuba ProAm
Devin Duncan Novice
Neil Eberle ProAm
Shane Harrison ProAm
Rob Langston Novice
Mathew Marshall ProAm
Nicholas Martin ProAm
Maxwell Mcdermott Novice
Micah Mcglocklin ProAm
Erik Mellgren ProAm
Thomas Taylor Rookie
Rich Telford ProAm
David Williamson ProAm

-Actually about 4 are from total eclipse, the rest are former ironmen and some random nxl stars.

02-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5

Good luck guys.

Atleast he didnt get stuck playing Diesel/Vicious /Shocktech/etc

Jonesie
02-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5

Good luck guys.

Thanks, Jeff. I doubt it.

845 is right, we could be playing Shocktech or Diesel, but I think Mommma's Boys beat Diesel at MGO this year.

I do know that Momma's Boys tied for the PSP Nov Division Series Title last year, why they're playing Nov again, I dunno? But they tied with Justice, and they're in our draw too! :rolleyes:

Rock-It-Kids won the PSP Rookie Division last year too. That won't equate to Novice success, necessarily, but it doesn't hurt. Fusion I've never really heard too much about, but they're one of the ProAms I've actually heard of, so they musn't be too bad.

It'll be an uphill battle, but I'm looking forward to a good time in LA!

Later ~ Dave

Curly
02-29-2004, 10:39 PM
Well, we just scrimmed with Mommas boys all day long. Yes they are a good team, but they lost some all-stars that they had last year. I would definitely not put them in the unbeatable category. Good luck.

-Jeremy

Jonesie
03-01-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Curly
Well, we just scrimmed with Mommas boys all day long. Yes they are a good team, but they lost some all-stars that they had last year. I would definitely not put them in the unbeatable category. Good luck.

-Jeremy

Oh no. I don't even have an "unbeatable" category. Anyone can be beaten on any given day. We did draw several good teams, that will make it a tough prelim round.

gibby
03-01-2004, 02:29 PM
Hrm...I might show up along with TooDamnSweet and her daughter.

Jonesie
03-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Hrm...I might show up along with TooDamnSweet and her daughter.

Hey, that'd be SWEET! :D I can meet the man that bought my TL-63 trigger! ;)

Hope to see you there.

Dave

gibby
03-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Hehe...I'll be there to cheer you on if I do go! :D

DiRTyBuNNy
03-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by MMM
I thought DirtyBunny was taking time off from the paintball scene.

I am taking a break..and no..i won't be there (I'll be snowboarding in Big Bear all weekend)...and as far as flashing boards...probably not going to happen...and it makes me happy knowing that after spending about 30 bucks on the programmer.

manike
03-01-2004, 04:23 PM
I'll be there. At the Empire booth and with Texas Storm, playing Division 1 X-ball. :D

skirts
03-01-2004, 09:35 PM
need someones help... does anyone have a "warp right" breach for a x-mag or emag extreme... (for a left handed warp user) who might be able to let flip-queen borrow it. flip will be playing with the all girls x-ball team and wants to run with a warp instead of a verticle feed... PLEASE HELP!!!

thanks

skirts
AGD factory team Pride

RoadDawg
03-01-2004, 09:46 PM
I don't have a breech but I do have a warp ULE (left) and wingless ULE rail that is notched if need be.

Clare
03-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Skirts, ask Aly if I can borrow her emag charger. I'd have one if Havoc hadn't taken it with him out of town along with his warp right breech that I could have borrowed for her. I DO have a warp left breech but that doesn't do much good, huh. :p

Jonesie
03-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by manike
I'll be there. At the Empire booth and with Texas Storm, playing Division 1 X-ball. :D

Well, considering at least one of my team mates recently picked up an Empire Timmy, and all the others want one too, I'm SURE we'll be by to see you! :)

Until Thursday ~ Dave

skirts
03-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
Skirts, ask Aly if I can borrow her emag charger. I'd have one if Havoc hadn't taken it with him out of town along with his warp right breech that I could have borrowed for her. I DO have a warp left breech but that doesn't do much good, huh. :p

We'll bring one for you. Thanks!

skirts
03-02-2004, 11:48 PM
Gonna bump this one. Anyone got a warp right, x-mag breech that flip-queen can borrow? Thanks

Major Jam
03-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Is there anyone at the PSP LA Open in Pomona March 3-7 that can upgrade flash my Emag to version 3.2?

RoadDawg
03-05-2004, 02:33 AM
No one from AGD (the company) was there today. There were a couple folks from AO there. I watched Team Empress dual out with another team.

Miscue
03-05-2004, 02:52 AM
I 'might' drop by on Saturday. I won't be teching or flashing nothin though... just a spectator.

j2design
03-05-2004, 04:49 AM
I'm gonna be working at the 720 booth for the LA Open hawking their videos. I Should've posted this earlier but I've been a flake, so to amend I've posted here and in the M&G thread... Stop by and say hello, (look for an asian guy, it'll be me) always cool to meet some fellow AO'ers!

RoadDawg
03-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Well Team Empress is done with the tourny. They did have a couple good bunker moves on Team Breakout. Oh and Jedi would get a kick out of the fact that I think I saw his "mom". She looks better in the pics. She is starting to get a gut but still has some good looks.

pbzmag
03-06-2004, 02:07 AM
Who else will be there on Sat?

RoadDawg
03-06-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by pbzmag
Who else will be there on Sat?
I'm heading back there for all day saturday. The Xball action is intense. Some of the fields are kind of on a small slant so it seems kinda lop sided but it's still fun to watch players play on real grass.

Curly
03-06-2004, 07:33 AM
Yeah, my throat really hurts from all the sideline coaching today. I had a blast in LA and just got home. It's 4:30 am, so Im gonna go to bed. I'll be sure to post some pics tommorow.

rdb123
03-06-2004, 09:38 AM
...the X-Mag and the SFL E-Mag...

Hehe, make me proud! ;)

RoadDawg
03-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Curly
Yeah, my throat really hurts from all the sideline coaching today. I had a blast in LA and just got home.

Ya my throat hurts to from all that yelling as well. Considering I wasn't fond of Xball last year and now I've made a 180 and love it. It's crazy how intense it is plus I love the penatly idea. Good to hear you made it back safely as driving that late kinda sux.

gibby
03-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Cool deal! Looking to see some Xball action myself! I'll be leaving in a few RoadDawg...hope to catch up with everyone there! I'll be a dude wearing an AGD/AO cap with a red back pack...so if you see me, feel free to say hello! :) And for those who already know how I look...sorry you gotta put up with my ugly mug for another day. :p

RoadDawg
03-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I'm about to head out as well. Gibby still have a lump from TK? I'm gonna have my back pack as well as I plan on getting a Rico Apache. They are sweet. Anyways I'll be in a AGD hat, levi shorts, and a JT shirt with down and dirty on the back. Plus I might be carrying my emag. *it's in vert mode so it's a tad lighter*

gibby
03-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Cool deal...I'll be looking out for ya!