PDA

View Full Version : Need convincing an RT is worth the money.

m20power
02-25-2004, 03:57 PM
Hello there. I am currently the owner of a 2002 Cocker with a lot of upgrades but I have been looking into mags recently. Im just impressed with their simplicity, compact size, and lack of things that can screw up.

I am currently looking at a used automag with an RT valve and level 10 bolt on ebay but I have a feeling someone has deeper pockets than Im willing to spend on this item.

I have seen several RT pros going for about 250-300 dollars but when I think about spending that much money I look at the ULE RT mags that AGD is offering for only 400. I already have cocker barrels and since ULE barrels are cocker threads I would end up saving some money by not having to buy different kinds of barrels.

Sorry if this is getting long winded but my point is that If I want an RT valve It seems cheaper to just buy the gun from AGD. But is the RT valve really worth it? Youll proably ask me about my playing style so I like do to woodball, hyperball, speed, big games, and tend to play all positions just for fun.
Is the RT valve worth that money for a person doing what I do or will the normal mag be plenty for me?

I have wanted to take a mag out to play with but nobody in my area has one at the field that I have been able to use. Im still looking though.

Thanks for any help. Sorry if I was a little confusing. Just ask questions and I can clear stuff up.

RRfireblade
02-25-2004, 04:13 PM
If your going to run a truly legal mechanical set up,a Classic will be just fine.

If you'd like to add the ULT mod,you really should have the R/T.

If you'd like to have a gun capable of a RT Tippmann type trigger bounce,you'll also want a R/T.(Also not legal if set up that way)

The R/T valve is a bit lighter than a Classic and an X Valve R/T (comes in the RTPro deal) is even lighter yet,if weight is a major concern.

Personally,I'd buy the new RTPRo AGD deal because it's a bargin at that price and for what you get.But a nice used Classic can be had for under $200 in most cases and is a good deal as well,if your looking for a minimum investment.

Jay.

m20power
02-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Weight is not so much of an issue. My cocker and air america apocalypse 68/4500 weight in at 11 pounds when the hopper is filled with paint and all ready to go. Anything I get has to be an improvement over that thought 6 or so of those pounds come from the air tank and its stainless steel reg.

I do like the trigger bounce you get with tippmanns and always thought it was fun to shoot. If I can find one cheap ill go for it. But Im curious about the RT pro your talking about. Do you mean the one that is 400 dollars on the automag website that comes with an X valve and ule body. Im very tempted by that just because what they are selling you for 400 would cost you well over 500 to make on your own.

If I were to go with the 400 or so dollar mag with the X valve and ule body. Could I also get the ULT (im not sure if thats what its called) trigger that reduced the pull down to about a pound. Also if that is possible and I have the trigger pull that light will I still be able to sweet spot the gun?

Thanks.

tonybhall
02-26-2004, 07:11 AM
Hey m20power,

I have the Custome ULE RT PRO that AGD is offering. I got mine back in December with everything they offer for $540.00. The $399.00 price is for the base package and does not come with the ULE Body that is cocker threaded or the ULT. I love mine. I have also owned a classic mag.

First, if you got a classic mag it would probably suit your needs fairly well. However, I don't believe you would be blown away. They are good markers but you want to make sure you have the level 10. Also, you will not be able to use the barrels that you now have.

If you have the money, I would suggest the ULE RT PRO. You will absolutly love it. I would go ahead and spend the extra $20.00 for the ULE body so you can use your cocker barrels and also spend the extra $19.00 to get the ULT. With the ULE trigger, it is, without a doubt, the fastest mech marker you can buy. If you have the money to spend the $95.00 to upgrade to an Intellifeed it will be even better.

The ULT is awsome. When properly tuned it is reacitve but does not bounce. It will lower your trigger pull to less than 15 oz. I can walk mine with ease. If you want bounce, all you have to do is add shims to the ULT. It's easy to do. Mine will bounce when you find the sweetspot and go full auto with 4 shims. And with that set up it is easy to sweet spot.

If you go with the Custom deal that AGD is offering you will be amazed.

Hope this helps,
Bryan

Eric Cartman
02-26-2004, 01:01 PM
I'm going to agree with what tonybhall said (although I think he meant intelliframe, not intellifeed). I don't have the Custom ULE RT PRO, but I've basically built the same thing (different rail & foregrip) over time and payed a lot more than if I'd purchased the whole thing as a package (which wasn't available when I started upgrading my mag). If there's any chance that you'll wind up wanting to purchase upgrades after buyiing teh basic package, you might as well save a bit more and get it all at once if you can. The savings are well worth it.
:)

tonybhall
02-26-2004, 01:48 PM
I did mean Inteliframe. Thanks for the save Eric. Are you following me? HA HA...

Eric Cartman
02-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Are you following me? HA HA...

Starting to look that way isn't it? :D
Nah, it's just a slow day at work so I'm throwin' my $0.02 in whenever I can.

m20power
02-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all the help guys.
I havent decided what I want to do yet but Im considering all options. The 400 for the mag with x valve that AGD is offering is so tempting. Im curious if it is an option that will be around for the next 6 months or so or if it is on a limmited basis.
I hate to buy a new gun just because I belive I can save so much going used. But when I look at paying 250-300 for a used rt the extra 100-150 seems like a small price to pay for all I will be getting.

I have considered selling my cocker to buy the mag. I belive in its current set up it could fetch 350 but I would prefer to hold onto it. If one gun is fun two much be even better.

Ebay has been turning me up with no results recently, it seems like everyone is spending more than I am willing to on Automags. Are the for sale sections on this forum a better place to find deals. If so can I feel safe sending money to a person I do not know or are their precautions I need to take.

Thanks.
M20power

RRfireblade
02-26-2004, 06:10 PM
Tough decision I know.;)

Keep checking,deals come and go all the time.Sometimes patience is a good thing.

As far as buying,any internet deal is a risk.All you can do check for positive feedback and perhaps a long time member.If your really concerned you can also use a third party service,but there will be added cost in doing that,which may be worth it in a worst case scenerio.

Jay.

tonybhall
02-26-2004, 06:14 PM
The last I heard from AGD was that the Custom ULE RT PRO deal is not a limited offer. It should be around for a while. I believe they are getting a real good response on it.

B-)

Phobos
02-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Just thought I would throw in a thought from some one who just got a ULE RT from AGD. I got a ULE body, with the ULE trigger, and with the x-valve's lvl 10 you get alot of electro marker benifits but you don't have to change a ton of battries after each game or have expensive boards get dirty and break, like my Impulse's vision eye that lasted only one game.