PDA

View Full Version : Needing some help....

SpydermanN9
02-25-2004, 05:41 PM
I need some help.

I have problems with someone not following through with thier end of a trade. The deal was for them to send me a Tippman and $60 and I would send them a Sx cocker; then after they got the cocker they were supossed to send me $100 more dollars. Well, they didn't send the $100. Its been more than two weeks and I don't have the money. What can I do to stop others from trading with them and hopefully get my money????

No, this wasn't on this forum it was on PBnation so don't worry about it being here. I know AO is a good forum thats why I came here for help.I have thier address and everything is thier something I can do???

RRfireblade
02-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Have you made contact since?

What is his response?

Your only action really is to post bad feedback for him if he has a thread anywhere.

Just be sure it's not a simple mix up first.

Also,see if you can make contact with someone that knows him or lives in his area.

Jay.

FallNAngel
02-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by SpydermanN9
The deal was for them to send me a Tippman and $60 and I would send them a Sx cocker; then after they got the cocker they were supossed to send me $100 more dollars.

No offense, but why in Gods name would you do something like that?! Why wouldn't you just have them send the $160 and Tippman and then send the cocker...

punkncat
02-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Yes I also have to question that decision.

The best thing to do would be try and contact them presonally.Email, phone , whatever.Document your contact.If they don't make good on the deal, and it was clearly worded that this was the arrangement,call the police.

shaunyoung000
02-25-2004, 06:53 PM
pay him a visit, you probably still have the return address, or his address. I've found that taking a feild trip for a weekend will help in coaxing money out of people, be sure to bring a friend dressed in a suit, making them think you have a lawyer for mail fraud is priceless, plus if something goes down, you have backup. No, just kidding, just communicate well, most people are willing to make it right, if not by a month then you may be able to try my plan.

FallNAngel
02-25-2004, 06:57 PM
And what happens when the cost of paying the person a visit is more than the money you get from it?!

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Ignore the suit/visit thing for now.... post the following information:

1.) Where exactly did this deal transpire? If it was on PBN as you said, and there is a thread where you haggled, link it here, especially the split payment part.

2.) Explain exactly how the money was transferred: paypal, check, cash, etc. If you sent cash, you are probably SOL because it's his word against yours. If you have an initial paypal transaction or check he cashed and check you cashed but no third check, you have a great case.

3.) If they have a username here, post it, and a link to any feedback he has.

4.) Explain any other odd details and last contact with them.

This is important to determining if a problem exists or if it's laziness on his part.

Threats to him won't do a thing, be sensible and you'll first be able to determine what the nature of the problem is.

SpydermanN9
02-25-2004, 09:00 PM
QUINCYMASSGUY I like your advice best

I will get this info and he hasn't talked to me since the 16th when he said his dad would send it out that day.

I know it wasn't a great idea to trade like that. But I needed money and I didn't have alot of options. It was desperate and stupid...

shaunyoung000
02-25-2004, 10:10 PM
I was really just kidding about the suit thing, was looking for some humor, hince "just kidding, try to communicate...."

Sorry if I was misleading.

angelbeast24
02-25-2004, 10:18 PM
if you dont get the money within the next few weeks and have made contact with the person and made sure that he wasnt sick or something like that i would file a police report

-=Squid=-
02-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by angelbeast24
if you dont get the money within the next few weeks and have made contact with the person and made sure that he wasnt sick or something like that i would file a police report I CERTAINLY wouldnt take legal advice from this guy. :rolleyes: If you dont know what im talking about check friendly corner.

What I would do is call him. If you dont have his number, I believe there are some people finding websites that can help you get phone number, etc.