PDA

View Full Version : Swaged Hydraulic line?

Butterfingers
02-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Where do I get this stuff???

I need it for a new marker Im building...

No SS hose because I need it in black.

I dont like using grease whips because There has been multiple instances of them exploding.

Any Ideas?

hitech
02-25-2004, 09:07 PM
I have no idea where "they" got any of the stuff, but "we" use to have a tool that crimped fittings on the hose. "We" use to make our own hose. I still have one of the hoses, works fine. It was made over 10 years ago, so it has held up well. :D

Sorry I can't be of more help.

-=Squid=-
02-25-2004, 09:19 PM
Uhh... macroline? :confused:

speedyejl
02-25-2004, 09:23 PM
how about SS hose wrapped in black shrink wrap?

Butterfingers
02-25-2004, 09:25 PM
that could work but the point is Im trying to be diffrent. :)

felony
02-25-2004, 09:35 PM
i know my friend made hydraulic hoses for CAT equipment the last summers, but he is at school now ...

never heard of using em as a replacment for macro/SS hose

good luck!
dan

-=Squid=-
02-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
that could work but the point is Im trying to be diffrent. :) Try the stuff they put on mayhems. Its very large rubber tubing. Kinda like medical/fishtank. I could get it, but wouldnt sell it because I have no idea what the pressure ratings or anything are... I could even get plastic fittings that take the pressure.

misfit
02-25-2004, 09:43 PM
look for a local parker dealer. try the heavy equipment shops. Or look in the yellow pages for hydraulic equipment. we used to get custom hoses made all the time at my old job. i think you can get a catalog form the parker website. they also may have a dealer locator, but i dont remember.

magmonkey
02-25-2004, 10:24 PM
stainless steel brake line is strong enough and it will fit dirrectly into macro fitting

Mr. Grumble
02-26-2004, 05:39 AM
I've picked it up from Mike @ Gramps & Grizzly's paintball store in Riverside, CA. I'll ask Mike where he finds it next time I'm in the shop. It's great stuff.

-Mr. Grumble

I posted about it before in another thread, one that started asking about grease whips.
the link (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=87925)

zen_dawg
02-26-2004, 04:39 PM
http://www.swagelock.com/

This is where we buy our fittings/hardlines/hoses for our GC/LCs and GCMS

Creative Mayhem
02-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Butters, If I may suggest something, Keep the SS, and wrap it with shrink tubing. Shrink tubing (http://cableorganizer.com/heat-shrink/)

There's lots of colour choices, if that's your thing, and you get to keep the strength of the SS.

Hope it helps.

sneakyhacker420
02-26-2004, 07:27 PM
i'd be interested in this also - keep on huntin' butta :)

Butterfingers
02-26-2004, 07:39 PM
I would keep the stainless but I wanted to try somthing diffrent... within reason of course... If I cant find it stainless it is.

To my understanding swaged hydraulic line is about 4 times stronger than stainless line. It has a 3 wrapping steel core with synthetic rubber inside and outside.

steveg
02-26-2004, 09:50 PM
as mentioned above ,look in your yellow pages for a
hydraulics shop. they can make a hose of any length
and pressure that you specify

2 howevers 1/8 hose might be hard to find and
more important it has to be gas rated. (air nitrogen etc)