PDA

View Full Version : confesion to make

andrew51
09-21-2001, 06:17 PM
ok guys i have a confession to make. i am new to the automag seeing that i just bought one, and im gunna run it on co2. now after reading alot of stuff on the mag it seems that running co2 on one of these things is like a cardinal sin. But, seeing that i dont have a job yet and that even a preset nitro tank costs alot of dough im running a co2 tank on a remote setup. is that sooo bad, i mean will my gun trully freeze up after every 10 shots?

talls
09-21-2001, 06:40 PM
naw man as long as you got a remote you will be all right, I would just save up and go nitro later. But as long as you got the remote you shouldnt get any problems.

User
09-21-2001, 06:51 PM
An expansion chamber or stabilizer would probably help too if you don't want a remote. I tested my old powerfeed 'mag on my remote and CO2, and it worked fine when rapid firing, which was after Christmas.

andrew51
09-21-2001, 07:01 PM
thanx alot guys-i was starting to worry that id have to tell my mom i was saving up to buy a metal tank of air

Army
09-21-2001, 07:47 PM
Andrew51, the AutomaG was designed around Co2 initially, as nitro was just barely being thought of as a propellent.

Keep your rapid fire strings to less than 5 bps(balls per second), and your Mag will truck right along. An expando can help considerably with liquid problems if you have the straight hose style of remote. A coiled (slinky) is much longer by nature, and acts as its own expando.

A 68ci stubby will be less that $150 from many on-line stores, and is worth saving up for. I too, run Co2 in my MinimaG, but will screw on the nitro when I have run out of juice.

Good luck with the gun, and welcome to the AO family:cool:

andrew51
09-21-2001, 08:10 PM
thanx alot!

zads27
09-21-2001, 11:33 PM
1.5 words: anti-siphon
(that is if you want to run on-gun)
you're fine with your remote, but i think the anti-siphon works even better than the remote, at least that's what i found, using a 3k aci thick coiled remote.

Snap_Dogg
09-22-2001, 01:31 AM
i put co2 on my minimag and it like leaked really bad out of like every hole. it was like shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh loud it was crazy

Magadeth
09-22-2001, 01:38 AM
I've been running my mini on co2 for years with no problems. I shoot as fast as I want. The mini does have a vertical adapter wich i think helps keep liquid out of it, but it is a stock gun and works great. My only other advice would be to pay a little more attention to cleaning it.