PDA

View Full Version : Stock valve not working properly

9868Classic
02-26-2004, 10:02 AM
I'm new here, so please don't flame me if this question has been asked a million times, but here is my problem.

I have a 68 Automag Classic with the left facing Powerfeed. Bought it way back in 98 when I used to play alot, but in the past two years I haven't played at all.

All I have done to the gun is a Reactive Valve, or whatever the little piston replacement/ugrade part is.(Not the whole valve) and a WGP OEM reg.

Used to run Compressed air on the gun, but once we all stopped playing the compressed air sellers kinda dissappeared. Now I have nothing, but I want to play again. Fields cost too much to play at and I'm on a semi limited budget.

Now when I go to shoot the gun, it won't fire at all. I have the velocity set somewhere...don't know what its set at, but it almost refuses to cock at all. I have to run CO2 on it, so I can't really upgrade to the lvl 10 valve assembly. This all happened after I let a friend of mine borrow the gun for a weekend. Hasn't worked since and its been almost two years now. Can anybody help me?

I apologize for lack of info, but I'm a bit rusty on the terminology. Figured if I could I would replace the reactive valve back to the stock one, and but an Expansion Chamber back on the gun maybe that would help? I think I still have the tune up kit, but I will be ordering more parts for it next week and try to get it running again.

Dayspring
02-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Ditch the WGP reg and ditch the "reactive" valve. They are doing nothing but hurting the performance of the gun.

You can use CO2 with the level 10. In fact, it'll work quite well with it.

Return your gun to stock, and let's work from there.

9868Classic
02-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Again sorry for being rusty, but where would I get the OEM parts? I looked on the Airgun.com website, and I didn't see anything that I recognized. Can you tell me what they are called?

And then

If the Lvl 10 is CO2 compatiable, how come it says in the Desc, its made for Compressed air only? Just Curious here, cause if it'll work perfectly, I'll spend the money on that vs, fix the existing valve that I have.

Dayspring
02-26-2004, 12:34 PM
The level 10 kit will work perfectly with CO2. What you are looking at is the Xvalve. That is a nitro-only valve with the Level 10 system installed.

As for replacing the stock parts..

Did you replace the entire back half of the valve or just the on/off pin assembly that's under the valve, facing the trigger frame?

9868Classic
02-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Just the on/off pin.

I guess I'll take a look at the lvl 10 upgrade then, and see what kind of damage this is going to do to my wallet.

Dayspring
02-26-2004, 12:48 PM
On/off assembly:
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?action=cat.prodInfo&productID=202&categoryID=16

Level 10:
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?action=cat.prodInfo&productID=244&categoryID=9

Or contact Tunaman here on AO for the Level 10.

9868Classic
02-26-2004, 12:54 PM
I think I'm just going to go ahead and do the lvl 10 upgrade on the gun, and hopefully that works. While I'm at it, I'm gonna replace all the o-rings and seals and oil the gun again.

Then hopefully it works and I can still find all of my gear.

BTW way back in the day they used to make 2 finger .45 frames for the mag, but I can't find them any more. And then whatever happened to the z-grip. I loved that for Speedball, but unfortunealy, I never could afford one then, but my buddy had one.

Dayspring
02-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Seriously consider getting you gun back to stock before adding another part. The on/off assembly should be #1 on your list.

Also, when was the last time you oiled the gun?

9868Classic
02-26-2004, 01:07 PM
Did you read my first post? Last time I really messed with it was...um....I believe it was summer 99'.

I bought it when I was 13 and now I'm 19...so...its been a long time since it was oiled. But I used to oil it all the time.

Tried to sell it when I got out of paintball...but everybody wanted Autocockers not mags, so I never managed to sell it. So...its probably been 2 or 3 years since I have even taken it apart(until last night).

I was going to just send it into AGD and get them to take a look at it. If serial numbers have anything to do with the age of the gun, mine was CF577** I think. Can't really remember, got the serial number by phone yesterday and registered it online with AGD.

NeilS300
02-26-2004, 05:17 PM
You do need to oil your gun. You dont need the level 10 bolt yet, and that wont fix your problem.

Dayspring
02-26-2004, 11:39 PM
It was a perfectly valid question. You said you tried shooting it. Therefore, you used it more recently than 2 years ago. The question still stands. When was the last time you ran oil through the gun? This isn't REALLY messing with it. It's putting oil into the air line before you air up.

Originally posted by 9868Classic
Did you read my first post? Last time I really messed with it was...um....I believe it was summer 99'.

eddie885221
02-27-2004, 12:09 AM
dude do wut dayspring says, trust me on this hes like a super tech when it comes to mags, or better yet instead of bothering with the mag just ship it to airgun designs and they will fix wutever is wrong with it but depending on ur stars im not sure if it will cost alot

9868Classic
03-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Last time I shot it was 3 years ago. It wouldn't work right. We narrowed it down to the seer I think. I'll have to run out tonight and get a tank of air and try it again.

Then maybe I can really explain what is going on.

I think I am going to order some parts tonight to but the valve itself back to stock and run from there.