PDA

View Full Version : illegal goggles, Over priced BE paint, and all around crap!

magman007
09-21-2001, 07:00 PM
Last sunday i weant to a local field called poco loco.It was my first time there and i must say i was roayally dissapointed. First off they had illegal Jt masks with no ear protection, that have been illegal since the 90's. The sad thing was that this was a school sponsored trip. Im glad no one went deaf or was majorly hurt. And Poco Loco has "upgrade" v force shield masks for 3 bux extra.
Also, we olny got 500 paintballs. That was cuz of out cheep school tho. But the paint price was outrageous!!! 60 bux for 1000 cheep, bouncy, smelly brass eagle paint. It was so crappy. I would hit a person 10 times in speed ball, call for a paint check, and find out not 1 of em broke. THat is so wrong. I will be playing else ware from now on.

ben_JD
09-21-2001, 07:21 PM
What do you mean by illegal?

Army
09-21-2001, 07:38 PM
ben_jd, The old JT Whippersnapper mask had eye, nose and mouth protection, but precious little else. Your cheeks, ears, neck, forehead and throat were still exposed. They are "illegal" for tournament play, and many fields will not allow them because of the poor level of safety they provide.:cool:

jas142
09-21-2001, 07:48 PM
Ben_JD, they were masks that had no ear piece, and paint could enter your ear, causing permanent hearing loss as well as some other nasty things...

Oops, sorry army, beat me to it :)

FaSSt
09-21-2001, 09:29 PM
That's why people put the goggle strap over their ears.

Cheek protection is for wusses ;)

ben_JD
09-21-2001, 09:44 PM
I know what masks you meant. I have several pair of JT Snappers and Whipper Snappers somewhere in the attic (most of them have the add-on ear protectors that JT made availabel soon in the late 80s). I used to wear them while judging, but not too much in tournaments.

My question had more to do with the use of the language in your original post, but that seems to have been addressed.

RobAGD
09-21-2001, 11:10 PM
Humm well I hate to tell you this but most fields use the bouncest paint that can get for 2 reasons. Paintsales and keeps the equipment clean.

As to teh goggles, thats completely up to his insurance carrier if they are "leagle" or not.

-Robert

LittMag
09-30-2001, 10:31 PM
Poco Loco Paintball... Tippman Carbines for Rentals, for only 10 dollars you can upgrade to a Tippman m98 with HPA!!!. Best of all Team Colors paint(only sitting in a jar and dented for a montho or so) 1000 rounds for ONLY 60 bucks! common people you can't beat that. The googles are basically as described above. Most of their fields are very poorly maintained. One field (the one with the stream running through it) was overrun with shrubbery with thorns and crap. The overhanging branches meant you could only hit someone when 10 feet away.
The positives. The people "Sarg" the head ref was cool, the people are cool. That's about it.

MajorDamage
10-01-2001, 12:58 AM
Yeah 888 paintball has the JT WhipperSnapper masks that ONLY have eye protection. http://www.888paintball.com/product_card.asp?ItemNo=+20%2DJT+USA+03361BLCL
Crazy! Alhough thatd be cool to get those and like make it into a cool mask. Like add a halloween mask to the rest of it? hehe. The owner of my local feild has some kind of halloween mask thing attached to his mask. They call it the "Monster Mask" its pretty neat looking, altho his is a regular mask not some lenses on a string.

ENDO!