PDA

View Full Version : Skyball pics, and we could RELALY use some tactical help

Tyger
02-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Hello!!! Welcome from Toronto! PPIG is playing again this year, And this year we've got a rom facing hte field! So, if you want to see th field layout, here it is :

http://users.clarkston.com/burphel/Picture%20004.jpg

http://users.clarkston.com/burphel/Picture%20005.jpg

http://users.clarkston.com/burphel/Picture%20006.jpg

This is where you all come in. WE're looking for some advice. First game begins 6 PM EST. We walk the fields around 3 PM EST. So, umm... Opinions?

We're asking for creative stuff here. WE're trying to veer away from 2-1-2. Communications are minimal, you can barely hear yourself think when you play. Keep in mind PPIG is a pump team. So, both hands are occupied.

(EDIT ADD : All the fields are the same, minimal variance from field to field. They're all the same color scheme too. Black and orange on all fields, in the same look.)

-Tyger

edweird
02-26-2004, 02:37 PM
can you learn the Swahili language in 1 night?

Um other than that I suggest you get your inflatable gillie suits out :P

for true tactics... im sorry to say it but them feilds look like a laners dream. Laneing will definatly hurt ya guys from the break.

id suggest if you can get that guy outta the back right can your good angles on the right side will come from that laydown minisnake on your 50

honestly that feild set up is not to my liking and the left side is entirely to open

tony3
02-26-2004, 04:19 PM
I don't like all the brick type bunekrs at the 50 area. A key bunker on that field is the 50 darito, if you play it tight you could get some great angles. Other than that, good luck, you'll need it.

f3rr3+
02-26-2004, 04:29 PM
laning is key in any tournament LANE LANE LANE :)

WARPED1
02-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Unfortunatly, most of the cool guys here, don't or have never played a pump game. Semi auto tactics and pump tactics are 2 differen't animals.

TheTramp
02-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Wow. That looks like a tough field. The center 50 bunker is tiny. You're going to have to move VERY fast off the break if they don't have to worry about you shooting ropes of paint.

hitech
02-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Just some general ideas to think about. They are not based on those fields.

1. Keep everyone back and try to take them out as the become over aggressive.

2. Have everyone push one side at the start.

3. Have your fastest person get as far forward as possible. Everyone else stay BACK and work on taking out those who get to aggressive trying to take your one front man out. He pretty much just stays tucked in.

Doobie
02-26-2004, 04:45 PM
You are going to have to get someone in that left mini-snake, like Ed said. I would fo sho send someone to the back left tomb stone to cover the min-snake on the opposite side. The Dorito is key also, but will be very hard to get to on the break with your limited firepower. Someone MAY be able to live in that left 40, although they would have to be small and VERY good at snap shooting. They could possibly bump to the Dorito?
I agree with those above me. This is a backman's wet dream!:(
GOOD LUCK!
:D

Creative Mayhem
02-26-2004, 04:52 PM
I agree with Doobie, this IS a backman's dream! :eek: I guess the promoter is really trying to make money off paint this year. :rolleyes:

I would say just play conservativly... let them make the mistakes. Black back and keep your head down. See ya Friday! :D

SlartyBartFast
02-26-2004, 04:54 PM
Is that carpet over concrete as a playing surface? That'll hurt by the end of the day ...

How about some overview shots of the entire setup?

Good luck with the pumps, because looks like firepower is going to take the day on fields like that.
:(

tyrion2323
02-26-2004, 05:20 PM
Here are my recommendations
YELLOW = OTB movement
the different colored lines are each player's angles.

http://www.elementpaintball.us/Gallery/fieldsetup.jpg

Lee
02-26-2004, 05:22 PM
i didn't look at the pics, but in a high pressure environment pump v semi, i find defensive tactics are good to start with. tag one or two of them and then maneuver.
let them expose themselves to you by thier movement.

go in low off the break, slide sooner than normal and make a crawl or two to your starting bump point. that should help negate thier laning advantage.

Brophog
02-26-2004, 05:27 PM
I kinda agree with your tyrion, only I'd reverse it to the right. More cover on that side, and its easier to get into the center 50 from the right. That center 50 is mighty important to field control, although, if you could control both pillows at the 40, you'd accomplish close to the same thing.

02-26-2004, 06:42 PM
http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/x845/9794179.jpg

I cant really help you but thats how i would set it up for a semi team.

Yellow: OTB
Red: Way player should be shooting and firing
Green:Secondary
Blue: Optional alternativc secondary and tirtuary moves
skyblue: tirtuary move

Player 1 and Player 4 are looking and shooting right to keep people out of dorito and the back left is watching the right 50. I would wait until kill 1 or 2 before you start moving people up. Its just a stab and i cant really see blind shots and bunkers blocking.

Fuji
02-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Sadly, it will be hell on pump players since this is a backplayers wet dream. Here are the bunkers that seem to be key.

Right 50 brick - It has killer angles and anyone in the snake/pillow further down the tape are in trouble. Angles on: Back opposite standup, snake, and person pushing up the dorito side.

Left 50 dorito - Controls the angles that the 50 right brick doesn't have. Angles on: Back standups, the 30 laydown can and the 50 pillow.

50 center pillow seems to be a waster of time, it's there just so that the person going for the flag has somewhere to slide to.

Personally, I'd hit the back 3 bunkers the 20 laydown can, and the left 30 nipple. The laydown can and the nipple are loking for an opportunity to bump up as much as possible.

The laydown can should be looking to get into that right 50 pillow fast, like really fast. His back player will have to be on top of things so he doesn't get bunkered by the other snake. The left 50 pillow needs to remember that he can wrap his bunker and shoot out the person in the snake from the tape side of his/her bunker.

The left nipple should be looking to make small bumps up the tape mostly to distract what the right tape player is doing. This will require some coordination (time based or player count based *I like this one better*, since no one can hear)

punkncat
02-26-2004, 07:47 PM
I really don't know what to tell you.I have never played with a pump marker.
It would seem that it would be easier to move during a game using pumps.

Anyway,good luck!I am sure that whether you do well or not that it will still be a great time that you will remember for years.I would love to make an event like that.....

Kevmaster
02-26-2004, 07:54 PM
I agree with doobie/ed

if they'll let you stay at the back bunker, though, keep two people there on the break. send one to the back temple and one to the 30 nipple and the 30 laydown beer can. The back bunker and the temple will kill the dorito and the temple wil lhave ot keep an eye on the mini snake. thats a great angle, it looks like. get the nipple to the 30 square and the beercan to the snake while the backs move to those two positions (back centers). the Temple needs to pretty much stay put to kill that mini snake and the dorito

thats a rough field to play man..good luck

Fred
02-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Guys... After seeing these pics... I'm DEFINITELY glad I'm not there, cause those fields are completely stacked against us (as pump players).

I mean whoah...

The 50 Dorito is gonna be key, as is the can behind it, but the 50 bricks are gonna be next to useless for you since they offer so little cover to the Dorito side...

Tyg- if you're gonna be sporting the Warped-PA phantom, I hope you'd play back in either of the standups and carry a lot of paint, cause you're gonna need it...

I think the hanging back advice is gonna be the best here, let them become overconfident and rack up the elims when they start pushing too fast. but that strategy will only work against the first few young teams... the more experienced players won't fall for it more than once or twice.

Good luck!

---Fred

Quickling
02-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Hey Tyger.. whos up there playing? If Andy is there, I think he should be able to hit the right snake or left tombstone... once there he can jump the 50. The dorito looks key, if you can get someone in there, he will take the most firepower... so as they are shooting at him, move up if they aint lookin or take out their hoppers.

Thats kinda what the squirrels do. I hit the 50... get everyone shooting at me while Target or our third man hits the hoppers. Meanwhile I snapshoot at the 50.. I usually get a few elims and it keeps them thinking about me and not my other players.

For those that don't know... The above is played by my team, the Rabid Squirrels. An all pump tournament team that plays in the Syracuse area (NY). And we actually do pretty well.... better in open than rookie.. go figure.

coolcatpete
02-26-2004, 10:28 PM
you should have some fire power if Mike (Meph) brought up his pump thst was going crazy fast when I saw it in Ithaca. Who puts a trigger on the pump arm, Crazy people. I hope you guys do good.
Pete

Digits
02-26-2004, 11:10 PM
I dont get it.. Why would you pump in a speedball tournament?? Any good team would easilly roll over a team full of pumpers.. I'm not trying to diss pumper here, i'm just saying that in speedball, speed is a huge factor..

My best suggestion would be to not let the teams know you have pumps.. Or they wont be scared to move up on you and be more aggressive.. But.. In the same effect maybe you want that so you can catch them off guard..

Best of luck to you though.. It's pretty cool that your actually gonna pump against teams with timmies and crap.. Best of luck

Brophog
02-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Your right, you just don't get it.

For that matter, why should we use pumps at all? I mean, most of the fields ARE speedball fields nowadays?

Why use Mags? Your not seeing a team of mechanical automags up there. They'd just get rolled, right?;)

Got_Paint
02-27-2004, 12:18 AM
trust me I've seen the videos of these guys and they are crazy. There are some pump teams out there whip the pants offa everyone. PPIG, and Blowfish are two very notible groups. They are out there to show that firepower isnt key. Lets not change the subject to this, so I'll give my take

Most teams WILL try and take the 50 key bunkers, thats pretty predictable, but when they will be advancing too quickly you can get em. If you can put someone in the right 30/40 slanted laydown and someone on the left tape 50, you hold all the cards, but that will be their key bunkers as well, so playing defensively at first at letting them expose themselves mgith be good and then after you can take out about 2 or 3 guys take those two key bunkers. The best thing about holding those two key bunekrs are they pin everyone back, even if you can't get the angle on them, you can supress them. Good luck and I hope to see a video soon :p

Tyger
02-27-2004, 02:01 AM
Well, thank you all. :) Here's how we're doing here.

Most tctic are, surprisingly, defensve. There's two basic looks.

1) Back corners. Back center. Laydown can. short temple.

2) High aggression. Among other things, I've seen players take th dorito on the break, The center 50 on break. And two in the steamroller and bumping through the snake FAST.

Both work, I think the real keys to winning is getting a game lan, then adjusting your gameplan before the other team understands it. So far, we're 1/4. We beat a team, and got beaten by, among other teams, a 5 man that "placed" at the IAO. Ahh well, sandbaggers-r-us are in efect.

We've been doing a modified version every game. The game we won was a conservative approach. It was best suited for the team we played. We've taken some of the ideas you've all posted, and we've modified them for our needs. We'll probably post them after the event. Like we're giving our secrets away while the event is still on....

Heck, a few teams looked at Web Dog's coverage for Sky 6, and they STUDIED our play on the videos! I'm scared....

-Tyger

Tyger
02-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Digits
I dont get it.. Why would you pump in a speedball tournament?? Any good team would easilly roll over a team full of pumpers.. I'm not trying to diss pumper here, i'm just saying that in speedball, speed is a huge factor..

Because you have much to learn, young grasshopper.

And for the third time that isn't a telescope.

Few other things.

Yes, tha's carpet on concrete. Ouch. Knee pads, elbow pads. Good frineds with the knee and elbow pads. So ar, no major injuries. Which is good.

Yes, I'm shooting a Pneumatic assist Phantom. The paint is so horrid that I've had to re-set up the warp feed, but It's up and rocking now. Just enough time for tomorrow's 4 games. Top 7 out of 10 in each division move on to the next round.

How bad is the paint? Faild the drop test. Fails the 20 foot drop test. Some guy got bunkered, and 5 shots bounced off his back and head. It was jamming my warp feed badly. We'll see how it does tomorrow.

Meph has his PA Sniper here too. But for the most part, PPIG is sticing to Stock class, 50 round hppers, or the like.

It's 2:10 AM here. Need sleep, badly....

-Tyger

Brophog
02-27-2004, 03:59 AM
Thanks for the update Tyger.

You guys have sported the Assists in years past have you?

badtoyz
02-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Im just about to head to Skyball hope to see ya play tyger

Burphel
02-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Ok, more update now that we've all had sleep. We tried doing the 'play conservative,' everybody in the back 2 rows thing and got trounced.

Third game, I said 'F*ck it' and went to the flag station off the break. They put one there too, and got the flag, but I managed to get over the top and get him out. They tried to bring up a guy to the dorito, and I got him with a one-ball on the run. Teammates kill the rest, we get a W.

Game four, we ran a similar system except they got into the dorito safe and kicked my ***.

Today, we're thinking corners, lay down, flag and dorito. We think we've had the tough part of the schedule already, and like Tyger said, we just gotta beat out 3 other teams to make it into the quarters and start with a clean slate. We'll see how it goes.

Skreemer
02-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Tis too bad Nerobro and I couldn't make it there this year guys... Keep on keepin' on and get those three wins..!

ShooterJM
02-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Tyger
And for the third time that isn't a telescope.

rofl! :D

Good luck!

Got_Paint
02-27-2004, 08:28 PM
ya, perhaps i've just been playing too much pump vs pump to think bout the other side of the spectrum. I'm use to having everyone been so agressive on me that I'm forgetting the other side. You gotta use the aggression that you can push due to the lack of weight. I would definatly emphasize bunker-walking, the field looks like you could do that rather well.

I say have the two pneumatic assists on the 30/20's and have somone on the right 40 laydown, so that even if you loose your man on the left dorrito you have the angle so he can't move up. But of course you need somone on the center 50 so no one has the angle on you. But other than that look into the 50 and pushing hard.

P.S. I remember that White Board!

Burphel
02-27-2004, 09:23 PM
We got another win and came about a 75-100pts from advancing. On the other hand, the last game was so disturbing that we're going to work as a team to keep Tyger off the internet until he's had some time to cool down.

Got_Paint
02-27-2004, 10:45 PM
are you video taping it again this year...I am becoming entwined around your tale.

Digits
02-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Brophog
Your right, you just don't get it.

For that matter, why should we use pumps at all? I mean, most of the fields ARE speedball fields nowadays?

Why use Mags? Your not seeing a team of mechanical automags up there. They'd just get rolled, right?;)

No.. I never meant it like that.. I just think it would be hard to keep up with pumps.. Maybe it's just because i'm a crappy shot and like to spray and pray :D :p

Well, thank you all. :) Here's how we're doing here.

Most tctic are, surprisingly, defensve. There's two basic looks.

1) Back corners. Back center. Laydown can. short temple.

2) High aggression. Among other things, I've seen players take th dorito on the break, The center 50 on break. And two in the steamroller and bumping through the snake FAST.

Both work, I think the real keys to winning is getting a game lan, then adjusting your gameplan before the other team understands it. So far, we're 1/4. We beat a team, and got beaten by, among other teams, a 5 man that "placed" at the IAO. Ahh well, sandbaggers-r-us are in efect.

We've been doing a modified version every game. The game we won was a conservative approach. It was best suited for the team we played. We've taken some of the ideas you've all posted, and we've modified them for our needs. We'll probably post them after the event. Like we're giving our secrets away while the event is still on....

Heck, a few teams looked at Web Dog's coverage for Sky 6, and they STUDIED our play on the videos! I'm scared....

-Tyger

About the Sandbaggers thing.. It's skyball, so you kinda have to expect that stuff.. 1 of the biggest tourny's isn't going to bring easy competition.. But like you.. I do hate sandbaggers

BTW, someone wanna post a link to the videos of this team?

Got_Paint
02-27-2004, 11:55 PM
http://www.webdogradio.us/video/sky6/

The did great last year

JEDI
03-01-2004, 08:10 PM

-Tyger
If you were so distraught by this "sand-bagger" team, why dont you just name them? I was going to give you guys credit when I saw an all pump team there. I even saw on the boards the first day, that you beat a team pretty good. But then, I stood and listened to you complain the whole time you were there. You made excuses about peoples game play, and brought out the all famous "sand bagger" excuse. I only hope you were not refering to Deadcell, after you got rolled by us. We played rookie IAO. I wouldn't consider 56th placing.

I have no issues with a pump team giving it their best. Thats pretty damn cool. But you killed all credibility at the end of the night while we all waited for scores, with your whining. A one-legged man in an a$$ kicking contest, should not complain about his results.

Tyger
03-02-2004, 01:54 AM
"The lady protests too much, methinks."
-QUEEN GERTRUDE

Hamlet
Act 3, Scene 2

Methylphenidate
03-02-2004, 02:15 AM
A one-legged man in an a$$ kicking contest, should not complain about his results.
haha thats halarious ive never heard that before.

On the other hand, the last game was so disturbing that we're going to work as a team to keep Tyger off the internet until he's had some time to cool down. what was so disturbing about the last game??? if you dont mind me asking

badfish314
03-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Hey I think I know what game he was talking aboot,had to do with getting overshot badly and people playing on. Our guys Spun Out Blue watched that game and we can attest for the poor sportsmanship of the other team. Knowing that we had to play that other team next, we were fired all the hell up. Well they also overshot the heck out of one of my guys and then showed him the double bird from the dead box when they were hanging. It got ugly and we lost a player for the Quarters and played 4 v 5 all day Saturday.

Our games against PPig and Deadcell were our two best games of the prelims, and both teams played hard and clean. Much respect to both of your squads! As for the no-named team, lets just say they couldn't speak much english...

Doobie
03-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Name names durnit! They deserve to have it aired in public...c'mon reach down and grab a hold! :D

badfish314
03-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Ah I played that game once, and I felt it was wrong to mention the team name. It might not have been the whole team but a player or two on that team. It was crap what happened to PPig and us, but we lost our tempers and learned a costly lesson. Once we get the vid up of our game I can post the link for you guys to watch and decide for yourselves.

JEDI
03-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Doobie
Name names durnit! They deserve to have it aired in public...c'mon reach down and grab a hold! :D
Thats all I'm saying man. No one likes a sandbagger. Have a set of b@lls and name names. Are you afraid?

Our games against PPig and Deadcell were our two best games of the prelims, and both teams played hard and clean. Much respect to both of your squads! As for the no-named team, lets just say they couldn't speak much english...
Thanks man. We do our best to keep it clean. We play our hearts out win or lose.

badfish314
03-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Overall 99 percent of the teams showed great sportsmanship and responisbility both on and off the field. It's a shame that 100 percent couldn't have.

Also we placed 40th at the IAO in the rookie division, but we have changed some members up and this was the first time playing together for the two new members. So I hope that wasn't considered sandbagging...cuz we got smoked in the Quarters anyway!

Peace Tim

Torbo
03-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by badfish314
Well I for one am not afraid, but I don't speak for my team. After we got into the shoving match and lost a player for the entire Quarters

i attest to the fact that they played very well a man down, and we didnt know it till after the game

badfish314
03-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks dog...you guys brought it hard. I f'ed up my previous post...dam edit button..LOL

WARPED1
03-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Where da damn pics at?!:D

Tyger
03-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Doobie

Doobie...

Nobody freakin' cares anymore. Sky 7 proved that to me. It's been noted a few times here that anyone who wanted to could ahve shown up as Rookies. (Aftershock wouldn't have, I'm not sure if Rennick is allowed into Canada yet...) It's all about scoring the "W" for the team, not how you get them.

And besides, let's go over the problems wiht paintball

Player A : "You're (sandbagging, cheating, wiping, whatever)"

Player B : "AM NOT!"

A : "ARE TOO!"

B : "AM NOT!!!"

A : "ARE TOO!!!!!!" And so on and so forth. It ends up being a "measure your groin" match, and in the end nothing happens and nobody cares either way. Symptom of a larger problem, and all that other stuff we've all been saying the last many years.

-Tyger

03-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Your not talking about Power something. I know they had one of the Lundquists(sp) on the team. I heard that they should not have been in the finals (no fault of theres at all). However it was not there so i am not gonna tell a onesided story

Meph
03-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Well sandbagging was one problem, sure. But personally I didn't think that was the bigger problem. Going up against experienced or inexperienced people and getting our "asses rolled", I have no problem with that myself. If I get beat, it happens. Part of the game. Like up against you guys Spunout, you beat the team and did so by just playing harder. My congrats. I will not ever use "but I used a pump, so what do you expect" excuse. That's a crutch, and I'm no gimp. I might be using a pump, but that's just because I'm a cheap bastard. That and a few other reasons but won't get into that whole tirade.

It's when the other team has to abundantly cheat in order to get that W, that's the real problem there. And the referees never doing anything about it just adds another log into the fireplace.

Tell me something JEDI. You know some rules I hope. Do you know the rule about previous hits? Meaning if you got shot last game, but in this current game it's still there. Ref notices it during game and you get called out. That's the rule right? Refs don't know previous hits, so if it looks fresh it's considered fresh and they can call you out no arguement...
Well apparently not at Skyball7. Refs believed that after shooting one of them in the chest that this hit, according to the player, was from the LAST game. And the ref BELIEVED it and ruled in their favor!

This was the type of luck that kept happening. Even have photographic proof of an obivous hit on a player from our first day of play, yet he played on and bunkered a couple of our players before "calling himself out." But by then too little too late, and again the refs were of no help.

Not all the refs, might have been just Field 2. I didn't play on any other fields, so I can not comment about them and I won't. But our experience with them on our field flat out sucked as far as my personal opinion goes.

We don't make up excuses to why we lose. If we lose to a better team, we will be the very first person they see to shake their hand and congratulate them for EARNING the win! Like Army, they played very aggresive and fast and beat us, first chance we got went up and shook their hand to congratulate them. You won't see a PPIG player be a bad sport about this. Only problem is with the people who don't earn it, at least in my book that was my problem.

Torbo
03-02-2004, 09:48 PM
we (revive) played field 2 in the prelims, had only one bad call, on a guy we shot in the arm. Other than that, all good. I watched ppig play a few games. I guess its a little different perspective from the other side of the netting. I saw you play hard and fair, and i respect that. I didnt get a chance to talk to any of you there though.

WARPED1
03-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Boy, Skyballs gone to hell, it gets worse every year from what I read!

kevdupuis
03-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Deb and I were at Skyball all three days. We were there to make new contacts, make some deals, meet some friends and watch some games. (We also used it to show off the TAC-ONE):D
From watching in the stands we saw some good playing all around and saw a couple of near fights, although from our position in the stands we couldn't tell what they were about.
Attendance by players, spectators and vendors was down, due to concerns about XO, prices and paint. I think it all lived up to the concerns expressed by people. I loved bouncing some of the paint that made it into the stands and having it mistook for T balls.
Anyways, a few pics. Sorry for the fuzzy pics.
The first two are some pump players. Do you know who they are? :eek:
http://www.hunt101.com/img/111571.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/img/111569.jpg
A shot from the Hard Rock
http://www.hunt101.com/img/111577.jpg
The girl from Guerilla Swabs giving the TAC-ONE barrel a buff;) .
http://www.hunt101.com/img/111573.jpg
I really screwed this one up of a girl at the WDP booth with the TAC-ONE.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/111572.jpg

JEDI
03-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Meph

Tell me something JEDI. You know some rules I hope. Do you know the rule about previous hits? Meaning if you got shot last game, but in this current game it's still there. Ref notices it during game and you get called out. That's the rule right? Refs don't know previous hits, so if it looks fresh it's considered fresh and they can call you out no arguement...
Well apparently not at Skyball7. Refs believed that after shooting one of them in the chest that this hit, according to the player, was from the LAST game. And the ref BELIEVED it and ruled in their favor!

This was the type of luck that kept happening. Even have photographic proof of an obivous hit on a player from our first day of play, yet he played on and bunkered a couple of our players before "calling himself out." But by then too little too late, and again the refs were of no help.

Not all the refs, might have been just Field 2. I didn't play on any other fields, so I can not comment about them and I won't. But our experience with them on our field flat out sucked as far as my personal opinion goes.

Sure, I know a good amount of the rules regarding tourney play. And the previous hit rule should be fairly cut and dry. I wasnt attacking Tyger out of guilt. I was just defending what I consider to be a pretty good team reputation. We play fair, and respect every team we play regardless of who commends us after the game.
We had our fair share of bad luck too. We played feild 2 all 3 days. We maxed one of our games, only to have it replayed because the other team complained of leaf blower noise at the start buzzer. Rediculous! Of course they ended up squeaking out a win with the replayed game. I guess I'm more likely to go with "sh*t happens" Overall the Skyball set up seems to have gone downhill. But what can you do? You either play and put up with it, or you dont play... :(

kevdupuis
03-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Plus a couple of CM and Tyger after CM did something naughty to Tygers leg (I hope it doesn't stain). :D
http://www.hunt101.com/img/111575.jpg
I still Can't figure out where the orchestra is.:confused:
http://www.hunt101.com/img/111574.jpg

Meph
03-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Hey Kev, the first pic I think is Tyger and one of the Englishes (that's his name, no origin). The second picture is of me in the Dorito, I dove in off the break and that's the game where I took out 3 of them... last one resulting in bunkering their last player to then be shot 3 times in the gonads. And you can't see it there, but Burphel is in the center 50 with the flag in that game/picture as well. But the 'snake' is blocking view of him there.

badfish314
03-03-2004, 02:59 PM
God dam, that's my lady holding the Tac-one. We were at the Angel booth buying some stuff and u came up and handed her the Tac.Sweet. I was the guy with the blue Empire shirt off to the right of u argueing with the guy at the WDP booth. And the Hard Rock shot show PPig and SpunOut Blue...sweet!

badfish314
03-03-2004, 03:02 PM
And Meph...sorry dawg but we got your shot in the nads crawl by the start box. Once I get all the vids back from my man at Millersville, I'll send you the clip....

Meph
03-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Yeah, in case you couldn't tell I was kind of determined to adhere to the rules and make it back to the deadbox. Needless to say I sat out next game! :)

kevdupuis
03-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by badfish314
God dam, that's my lady holding the Tac-one. We were at the Angel booth buying some stuff and u came up and handed her the Tac.Sweet. I was the guy with the blue Empire shirt off to the right of u argueing with the guy at the WDP booth. And the Hard Rock shot show PPig and SpunOut Blue...sweet!

:D I think I started something there, because after I started taking her pic everyone else seamed to want one of her. Tell her I said hi and thanks again and I still think her hair style looks fine.

Meph, I saw that and thought you had slipped on that move,"ouch". Over all that was a great game with some really good moves and shots even though I didn't get a pic of your dead box crawl.

Meph
03-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Crap, ment to edit the post I had and deleted it. That's what I get for coming over here after modding PBN I get into a habit and make booboos. Thankfully I can at least click "back" and copy/paste. But any ways...

For that game. Nope, didn't slip at all. That game started off with Tyger in back left, I think Hans on the right snake or cube, Burphel going center 50 for flag, and I think one of the Englishes back right. I made the Dorito 50 off the break, shot one guy side of the head on their laydown can. Shot the next guy who moved up there from the back. Checked deadbox later and saw 4 people in there, and I knew back left was last player since I was shooting at him.

I shouted back he was the last as Tyger ran to the far right stand up since Hans got called out on a bounce. (I won't go into a tirade about that whole situation!) I didn't want to have our whole team flank him I just wanted to get that guy out and get those points up on the board. Figured if I get shot out in the process, yeah that'll probably happen. But it'd be worth it to get that flag hang point! So I move up one bunker, peeked and it's clear. Next bunker still clear. Got up and ran, bunkered the guy shot him in his pack.

I was happy at first thinking games done and we won, then he turned around and took his shots after I had already eliminated him. One in the left arm, and you know where the other shots were. From there I didn't want to have the hassle of argueing with the ref "I shot him first, I'm still in" blah blah blah. I personally said forget it and started my way back to the deadbox wasn't worth the time to try and argue for a whole what... 2 points? Only after so many feet I just couldn't even walk anymore.

But it kind of goes to the luck I think we had at Skyball. Instead of getting the Burphel making 50 flag pull, or Tyger running up the tape pulling a Bob Long. You get the video coverage of me crawling back to deadbox after the shot to the grundle! C'est magnifique.

badfish314
03-05-2004, 02:24 PM
It wasn't planned that way. My girl, and my teamates wife were the ones taping some of our games. Well right after the second game they taped the tape switched to a short clip of....well you. I was like what the heck is that? They were like "oh that poor guy got shot in the sack, so we had to tape it." So it wasn't planned or anything, it just happened to be a random clip.

Anyway feel good that you could atleast walk away from it after a bit. We saw a player from another team shaking and on the verge of puking because of a sack shot. He was really hurting bad, and I think the EMT's came to help him out.

I should have the video footage of our games and other stuff by Sunday. I'll pm you a link to your clip if you want to see it....

WARPED1
03-05-2004, 02:58 PM
MORE PICS FROM TYGER!