PDA

View Full Version : Timmy question

oldsoldier
02-26-2004, 07:04 PM
I know there are several people out there that shjoot a Timmy...I own a GZ timmy and was wondering if it is a simple swap to go from the GZ clamshell gripframe to another one. I want an LCD screen on my Timmy so I can program it...is this a simple swap?

Mag_SEAL-6
02-26-2004, 09:17 PM
It should be a clean swap. I'm not a timmy guy, but I think you just move wires and board to the other frame and screw it on. Hope that helps

thecavemankevin
02-27-2004, 04:35 PM
it's very easy. in fact it is easier to go that way than from LCD version to non lcd version because there is a little more room in the LCD version.

just remember you will need to purchase an LCD (comes with ribon). you can pick one up from pbkingdom.

also, make sure when you are swapping it, you put the wire quick disconects in the same spot they were when they came off, and in the same dirrection. When i swapped all my junk over on my old classic to an LCD clammy, i accidently turned the quick disconect upside down for the eyes. It took quite some time to figure out why my eyes were no longer working.