PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions/feedback on Diablo Midnight paint?

CFD323
02-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Who out there has any feedback/opinions on Diablo Midnight paintballs ? I see them cheap at most stores and was wondering how good the stuff is ? Is it a brittle or hard shell ? I'm sure the fill isn't anything great since it's like $42/case.

What else do you suggest for cheaper paint ?

deacon bed
02-26-2004, 07:10 PM
midnight is junk
get the infermo

trains are bad
02-26-2004, 07:48 PM
I think it's a really good value in woods/rec paint.

dyst0pia
02-26-2004, 08:29 PM
I actually find that the midnight fill is half-decent considering how cheap the paint is. Also, I like it since it is a bigger ball, which shoots better with my dye aluminum.

However, I would have to recommend the new Diablo Formula 13 paint. Around here, it is priced the same as midnight, but the fill seems nicer, and it shoots a little better. I am not sure as to exact size, but they seem around the same size as midnight, if not a little bigger.

Hope that helps.

Rope a Dope
02-26-2004, 08:40 PM
It's good paint, pretty much Blaze with a more brittle shell. Great for summer.. bad for winter.

gibby
02-26-2004, 08:49 PM
YUK! The case I got had a majority of the balls being oval shaped! Couple this with the hard, brittle shell...you've got yourself a nice mess down the barrel. Could have been a bad case but still. I'm never going to buy midnights again.

For me, you buy crap paint, don't expect to have a good day with them.

Rope a Dope
02-26-2004, 08:51 PM
The store I worked at we got a fresh pallet of midnight in. All top shelf stuff. Must have been a bad case....

But yeah, very brittle, in the summer Blaze bounces off just about everything, so I think they came up with Midnight to solve this, but then in the winter Midnight breaks in the barrel half the time.

felony
02-26-2004, 09:47 PM
My team uses midnight all the time. Sometimes it is not the best, but it always breaks on target, and fill is nice.

I have no probs with it AT all.

dan

1stdeadeye
02-26-2004, 09:55 PM
I buy it fresh at NPS and can't complain. It is great paint for the price. Nice fill and breaks well!