PDA

View Full Version : The big decision....knee pads...

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
02-26-2004, 08:24 PM
I'm having trouble deciding what knee pads to buy. I'm look at the Dye Protos or Dye Core. Anyone have any feedback on either of these or any suggestions on another brand.

doubletap
02-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Get the Dye Core. They are a bit pricey but the offer good protection and some really good knee support. I think I have tried about every pair of knee pads out there, and not just ones made from paintball manufacturers, but for other sports, i.e. wrestling knee pads, skating, volley ball, contruction, you name it...and I found the Dye to be the best all around.

SkyBoySurfer
02-26-2004, 08:41 PM
I would Highly recomend the Dye Cores....just make shure there 1 or 2 sizes down of what fits....

Tight is good...Tight is reliable...

;)

Derman2k
02-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by SkyBoySurfer
I would Highly recomend the Dye Cores....just make shure there 1 or 2 sizes down of what fits....

Tight is good...Tight is reliable...

;)

Definetly make sure they fit... My Dyes fit fine when not running, then when i run they fall down.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
02-26-2004, 09:23 PM
I bought m/l, which is the smallest size they had. :) lets hope they fit

decimator4
02-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Uh oh, Ive never actually bought knee pads before, lol, sizing.... sounds complicated for me...

Lol, was that quote a reference to this quote?
"Heavy is good... heavy is reliable... if it doesnt work u can always hit him with it"

Derman2k
02-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]

If you're like 5'7" 125 then they might be a little big. ;)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
02-26-2004, 09:43 PM
5'9 ish
around 150-160

(all the weight is in the bee...belly)

$tevo
02-26-2004, 10:06 PM
eh, tape a pillow around your knee/shins

f3rr3+
02-26-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]

thats what i thought... i ordered a m/l and i could barely get em on and if i crouched i woulda probably ripped them, no exagerating...

Carbon
02-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Save yourself the $, go to big five and get slider volley ball kneepads. They are machine whashable, thickly padded and have abit of support too. I thought aboyt the Dyes too but $12 buck for supperior knee pads...

SkyBoySurfer
02-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Uh oh, Ive never actually bought knee pads before, lol, sizing.... sounds complicated for me...

Lol, was that quote a reference to this quote?
"Heavy is good... heavy is reliable... if it doesnt work u can always hit him with it"

Yes the quote is in refrance too Snatch

m/l sounds right for a guy your size..

L/XL i would not recomend

CodeMA
02-26-2004, 11:06 PM
well, if they fall... just get some hocky pad tape like logamus does... thats some good stuff... wrap it tight around em and they wont move, its the stuff that hockey players use on there pads to keep em in place...

Smitty2k1
02-27-2004, 08:20 AM
I use my old knee-pads from wrestling... Asic's or something like that. They are just stretch stuff, with a big gel pad at the knee. Its really nice since I can bounce from one knee to the other very fast to allow me to switch sides of the bunker pretty fast, plus they protect my knew a hell of a lot, and give some support to it.

Cheap to!

GA Devil
02-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Look in to Empire's Knee and Shin pad. They are great.

wageslave
02-27-2004, 09:23 AM
This is exactly why I bought a pair of Outlast pants from Smokin' Paintball (http://www.smokinpaintball.com/products/pants.asp). They have pockets built into the knees for the kneepads, so they are always in place but you don't have to strap anything to your knee.

Gadget
02-27-2004, 09:32 AM
I've got chickenlegs and always had problems with finding pads small enough, but now have some Trace volleyball pads (knee only, not knee + shin) which fit really well, lycra backed with a velcro strap too, they never move.

hobbesTZ
02-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
I've got chickenlegs.

lol

Eagle
02-27-2004, 03:44 PM
I got mine from a tactical goods store.

thecavemankevin
02-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Your number one best option is the smokin outlast paintball pants. The have built in removable knee pads that work flawlessly. They don't bind down on your legs because they fit into pocketts on the pants themselves so they are baggy with the pants. However, when you go to slide or kneel down they are right where you need them when you need them.

check out this thread for more info
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=99503&highlight=smokin+outlast+paintball+pants

plus they have large patches of hemp sewn into the knee and thigh area. Hemp is the most durrable fabric in existance (except for maybe kevlar).

thecavemankevin
02-27-2004, 04:16 PM
plus i have also gotten a lot of bounce off of them :)

trains are bad
02-27-2004, 05:36 PM
I wear WeThePeople knee pads. They are for biking, I don't wear them biking anymore; they are all neoprene with a plastic sandwiched between it. You can wear them all day they are so comfy. They are also really old (durable) but if they still make them check out albes mailorder or danscomp (the first one first).

FallNAngel
02-27-2004, 06:15 PM
I use Redz pads... Gotta make sure they're tight (just like anything else) but other than that, they hold up great.

Pacifist_Farmer
02-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Im looking at some JT E-Motion knee/shin pads, anyone used or at least worn a pair?

thecavemankevin
02-27-2004, 08:22 PM
pacifist farmer...don't bother. had them and they would never stay where they were supposed to

RtDaNiMaL
02-28-2004, 10:06 PM
ahhhhh carbon u make me laugh
i just played with u two weeks ago and u just had a new pair of DYE knee pads didnt u.... didnt u!
anyways i would by the cores i am saving money to buy them also

Carbon
02-29-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by paintballa44
ahhhhh carbon u make me laugh
i just played with u two weeks ago and u just had a new pair of DYE knee pads didnt u.... didnt u!
anyways i would by the cores i am saving money to buy them also

Naww man! i had DYE pants and forearm/Elbow pads, not knee pads. If i could i would of got football forearm guards, they hold up better and are cheaper.

RtDaNiMaL
02-29-2004, 11:25 PM
sorry on that one carbon
i thought u had the knees also. my fault.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
03-01-2004, 02:50 AM
Personally...I've tried the dye, skater knee pads,the jt skinz, and finally settled on the redz shin/knee pads. I love the redz because they don't slide down or move during the day of play. They are also comfortable enough that I don't mind wearing them all day long without taking them off for a bit. I wear them inside my pants, but I wear a pair of thermal underwear that keeps the straps from digging into my skin. I love them, just wish I would have found them sooner to save myself all the money I spent on other knee pads

Wasted Rabbit
03-01-2004, 07:59 AM
I use a pair of Jt Skinz, I put them on first before I put my pants on.. they are like stocking's.
Never fall down and sure help the old knees alot.

http://www.jtusa.com/2003/paintball/paintball_protectionskinz.asp

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
03-01-2004, 10:34 AM
What I didn't like about my JT skinz is the fact that they are poorly constructed. I went through two sets of them in about 2 months time. The stitching came undone.

Maussy
03-01-2004, 12:51 PM
I want to recommend against this style of pad: http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/uploads/product_images/8102_1.jpg

They may be good for kneeling on rocks, but shift around too much when you slide. Hamburger knees ahoy!

Wasted Rabbit
03-01-2004, 10:25 PM
USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
When they get done with the new paintball field's in Santee.
Let hook up and show these players " what Mags are all about.

I will be about 5 mins away from the fields. Cant Wait!!

Wasted Rabbit

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
03-01-2004, 11:46 PM
I didn't even know they were building fields in santee. Are they going to be sup air? Velocity is in the process of adding a sup air field.

Wasted Rabbit
03-02-2004, 12:58 AM
USAF-Flyboy with a Mag

It's just been approved by the city, Should have between 8-10 fields. As " what type of fields".. I am still trying to found out myself.
I do have the newspaper clipping about it.
It will be ran by BorderLand.