PDA

View Full Version : My new toy!

hobbesTZ
02-26-2004, 11:41 PM
I juuuuuuust bought it. Now I just need to decide what to do with it!

http://i18.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/67/98/49_1_b.JPG

Echo419
02-26-2004, 11:48 PM
First thing

-Buy and intelli... Dont get a bloddy Benchmark ::cringes::
-Buy a Foregrip (not a gasthru) And sell your VA
-Go to macroline and route it directly to your valve
-Get a dropforward (Not over a mid size)

And then you'll have something like mine!
http://www.browndotdesign.com/Xodus/AO/Crooked.jpg
Except of corse I have a retro valve. I would get the things i listed. Many people will tell you to buy a Lvl10 first. But you know what. I only chopped once out of 1000 balls i shot, when I was ripping on my RT and i dont have a Lvl 10.

-Echo419 out
...Mid Man - Team Notorious

Mag_SEAL-6
02-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Very nice. If you're looking for the best upgrade, go for the x valve. If you're not looking to blow $300 on your gun, then get a lvl x. A nice barrel and is also recommended.

hobbesTZ
02-26-2004, 11:52 PM
That's a cool 'mag Echo! That's just what I was planning to do. 'cept I'm just gonna use the VA, and slap the tank to the bottom of the frame.

I don't think I wanna x-valve it just yet. I already spent $550 on an eblade 'cocker :eek:

Echo419
02-26-2004, 11:53 PM
I disagree with everything SEAL just said.

I have a basic old stile 20 dollar Teardrop. And it doesnt chop, its the perfect size, always get very good accuracy

Level 10... I've only chopped once with my Retro Valve

X valve... Unless your a weak ghandi type man dont waste your money, its pretty much a lightened RT, I've never had trouble sprinting with my gun, and im week :rolleyes:

-Echo 419 out
...Middle/Front - Team Notorious

hobbesTZ
02-26-2004, 11:56 PM
But the x-valve looks SO much cooler! I like the stock minimag barrel, it's nice and LOUD. It may lob a lot (brings back memories of my first minimag).

p.s. - Wanna make me a sig :D

Echo419
02-26-2004, 11:58 PM
No way, you know whats cooloer than that? Since we now know that Valves can be colored, get an RT and get it Acid Washed orange and red. And it'll still be less!

STUPID: This gun is not a toy, please read all directions and safety instructions

Barfly
02-27-2004, 01:42 AM
actually I wouldn't spend any money on it. Keep it stock, so you can run CO2 on it. If you want X-valve and intelli and all that crap just buy a used mag with it all, you will most likely save quite a bit of money by doing this.

Gabriel
02-27-2004, 09:13 AM
Forge Macro line, everything Echo said is invalidated by that one line. Get an RT or X, and deffinately a Lvl 10. I would get the dallara body/rail combo, but thats just me. :D

lbonettosd
02-27-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey hobbes,
My minimag is still not completed yet (waiting for my orders with Tuna to arrive), but I'll tell you what my setup is:
15* Doc's Machine ASA
Pyscho Ballistic Medium Bullet Drop Forward
12" Smart Parts AA
PHAT 4stage X-Chamber (for the foregrip)
Intelli frame w/ blade trigger
X-valve
12v Revy
70ci/45k Worr Gas

I'll get some pics up in the next couple of days.

jayloo
02-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Here is my 2 cents .... forget all the upgrades (intelli, barrel, xvalve or ule anything) and go buy a case of paint and have some fun.

barberjohn
02-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Echo419
No way, you know whats cooloer than that? Since we now know that Valves can be colored, get an RT and get it Acid Washed orange and red. And it'll still be less!
regular rt valves are steel, and steel cannot be anoed. you would have to get an xvalve to anodize it a defferent color, and even if you did that, it would void your warrantee.

hobbesTZ
02-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by jayloo
Here is my 2 cents .... forget all the upgrades (intelli, barrel, xvalve or ule anything) and go buy a case of paint and have some fun.

But what if I can have both :eek:

WaStEd TaLeNt
02-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by jayloo

HECK YEAH!!! Have fun with it man!

Cryer
02-27-2004, 10:58 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=949170
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=949173

^
Do that:D

that used to be stock. By the time I finished, I had that mag and all the stock parts put back together and functional.

Here's what order I went in:

Mag
foregrip
intelliframe
level10
omega rail
ULE body & cocker barrel
X-valve (sell the orignial level 10)

Dont get a drop forward. Get a CP rail. Trust me. the way the tank sets back lets you get up on the trigger like no other.

rkjunior303
02-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Cryer --

After seeing that thing way-back-when influenced me on how much I really do like the red.. I'm doing a similar setup with the Red ULE, but with a y-grip and a black short CP gas through.... I have a 14'' red to blade fade pipe that should look sweet on it.. The CP rail asa looks sweet too, so i will be grabbing one of those.

tonybhall
02-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Hey Hobbes

Here is my 2 cents....

Play with if a few times before you do anything. If you don't break paint then I would not worry about the level 10. I had a classic that I played with for about 6 months and rarely ever broke paint. But I have had friends that had mags that did chop a lot without the level 10.

I believe several of the suggestions you got in this thread would be a good idea but it really all comes down to what you need and want and what you can afford or are willing to spend.

Getting an x-valve can be a rather expensive upgrade unless you do the go-xvalve trade in. Of course the X-Valve is a great upgrade and one of the best things it allows you to do is get the ULT (Ultralight trigger pull kit). But, with the X-Valve you have to go N2 which can also be expensive.

Hope all this helps. Best of luck with your new/used Mag. I am sure you will love it!

Bryan

Cryer
02-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by rkjunior303
Cryer --

After seeing that thing way-back-when influenced me on how much I really do like the red.. I'm doing a similar setup with the Red ULE, but with a y-grip and a black short CP gas through.... I have a 14'' red to blade fade pipe that should look sweet on it.. The CP rail asa looks sweet too, so i will be grabbing one of those.

thx.

I wanted to get a pipe, but I didnt play enough to warrant it. It will look real good.

My personal preference is to go with the long CP grip, as I hold the grip closer to the bottom. Longer foregrips give me more leverage when snapshooting.

Also, since your getting a Y-grip and a cp rail, your tank setup will be perfect. I wanted to do this, but again, I couldnt warrant spending the money.:(

rkjunior303
02-27-2004, 11:20 AM
nice.. when i remember my last mag, the foregrip did drop below the frame so maybe I will spring for the longer one.. I just liked how the lines were nice and clean .. It will also be on a RogueRail ratehr than an Omega but they both look bad@ss...

As for the ASA, I was thinking that exact thing. The forward angle of the y-grip gives you just enough of a push forward for me... I have a 45/4500 tank that fits real nice and I may pick up an 88/stubby down the line...

NOW ONLY IF MY TAXES WOULD GET HERE! :)

Cryer
02-27-2004, 11:25 AM
yeah, good luck finding an omega rail anyways:rolleyes:

There's kind of a monopoly on them...:/ They arent worth it anymore.

rkjunior303
02-27-2004, 11:33 AM
I think Rogues looks just as nice milled out, plus it is a bit longer so you can get that little extra room for the foregrip if needed.

robdamanii
02-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Cryer
*pretty pics*

^
Do that:D

that used to be stock. By the time I finished, I had that mag and all the stock parts put back together and functional.

Here's what order I went in:

Mag
foregrip
intelliframe
level10
omega rail
ULE body & cocker barrel
X-valve (sell the orignial level 10)

Dont get a drop forward. Get a CP rail. Trust me. the way the tank sets back lets you get up on the trigger like no other.

I agree with cryer on this one, his mag was one sexy machine.

tonybhall
02-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Where can I get some info on Omega rails? Do you have a website for them?

Also, do they have a rail that will work on a RT PRO? Are they lighter than the AGD rail?

BTW, that Red mag you had is the best looking Mag I have ever seen. Didn't you sell that a while back? I know that was painful.

thanks
Bryan

robdamanii
02-27-2004, 11:36 AM
I believe I now own cryers Omega Rail.

Skywalker
02-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Tunaman has some Omega rails, in black and chrome. You better hurry up and call him if you want one.

hobbesTZ
02-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Or you can have your stock rail milled by Logic.

paint magnet
02-27-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm with Jayloo on this one... buy paint and have fun. Although I would put a few upgrades on there first:

AGD "bicycle" gasthru foregrip (very comfy, you get a foregrip plus the added benefit of not having to use a 14" hose)

Braided SS gaslines w/ Quick Disconnect fittings

A bottomline setup with an on/off ASA (if you want a drop foward, that's up to you)

11" AGD Crown Point barrel - cheap, accurate, unique, and makes a very distinct sound when fired :D

Quickling
02-27-2004, 12:06 PM
hey cryer, where did you get those grips? They are soooo sexy and I have been looking for them ever since I first saw your setup.

rkjunior303
02-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Omega Rails are HARD to come by.. I would suggest RogueFactor's rail -- it is a milled out RTpro Rail to be a ULE, with the wings milled like the omega.. Looks real slick!

Cryer
02-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Those grips were purchased from Heather Frymark. Basically, they are DYE clear grip panels dyed red.
Originally posted by tonybhall
Where can I get some info on Omega rails? Do you have a website for them?

Also, do they have a rail that will work on a RT PRO? Are they lighter than the AGD rail?

BTW, that Red mag you had is the best looking Mag I have ever seen. Didn't you sell that a while back? I know that was painful.

thanks
Bryan

Omega rails were made by Extreme Rage a few years back, but were sicontinued due to lack of interest. It wasnt until AGD introduced their ULE line of accessories that Mags were looked at in a cosmetic aftermarket. The Omega rails came stock milled out like the AGD ULE rails and would fit any classic68 or minimag. You could use it with an RTPro, but you would have to use a different on/off pin length. The few Omega rails in circulation quickly were bought up by dealers and collectors. If you want one today, some people will charge you outrageous sums of money ($100+), even tho they arent worth that much. They were made in Black Chrome, Grey, Red and Blue, from what I've seen.

And yes... it was very hard to let her go... I still regret it:o