PDA

View Full Version : does every disassemble their guns after playing?

alf
09-21-2001, 09:46 PM
guys,

i'm just wondering if i'm going to be one of those "lazy guys" that doesnt disassemble his marker after playing.

Does everyone here take their hoppers/warps/barrels/tanks off or do you guys leave em assembled?

Restola
09-21-2001, 09:50 PM
i wont take every piece apart, but i will clean it after every day.

blitz134
09-21-2001, 10:01 PM
i take the bolt out...whipe it down...whipe down the shaft the bolt slides on and put some more oil on that...and go ahead and put oil in the asa so i dont have to do it next time...besides that...thats it...you should ever have to take it all the way apart unless you are putting in a new rebuild kit...

Army
09-21-2001, 10:06 PM
It mostly depends on how much paint I have shot, or if I badly chopped one in the breech.

I generally will take it apart after 4-6000 shots just to check on O-ring condition. It will get cleaned if needed right then, otherwise it will just be wiped down and re-oiled.:cool:

alf
09-21-2001, 10:08 PM
more along the lines of just leaving it assembled...leaving the tank attached, or do you put it back in its box, take the warp off, so that the gun can fit in its case...things like that...im pretty anal about cleaning it...i take it all apart after each outing

Scorch
09-21-2001, 11:38 PM
was the fact that I could easily take it all apart, clean and relube it. It didn't take very much time at all.

My girlfriend is pretty understanding about my maintenance time when I came home. :)

It was worth it. My RT was wonderfully consistent and trouble free.

Scorch

StevoC
09-21-2001, 11:55 PM
Religeuosly (sp)...remove air tank, hopper, disassemble marker, check o-rings, relube, remove paint splatters, re-assemble, air up, test. The only exception that I don't do all the time is taking the regulator off of the main air chamber....don't want to have to replace the reg. seat every time I play.

Magadeth
09-22-2001, 01:33 AM
I use co2 wich tends to be somewhat dirty so I always completely dissasemble and clean my mags after use. They always work fine for me so I will keep on doing this.

The only part I hardly ever mess with is the reg.

DRAGONSLAYER
09-22-2001, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I take off the bottle, barrel, and hopper. Then wipe down all paint splatters and oil. Nothin' special just a little tlc.

Prezents
09-22-2001, 07:50 AM
I take the gun down to the max, even take off the warp to check for any paint or anything else.
Prezentshttp://www.mauisun.org/ubb/smilies/cwm9.gif

PsychoMag
09-22-2001, 07:53 AM
I ritualistically clean my RT Pro. If I just play in the woods, or I am playing an all day tourney, I break my gun down totally to pieces. I even remove the foregrip if it is on. That darn foregrip is heavy.

Anyways, I even take my adj. cradle apart to the pieces. I am very anal about the care of tombstone. I always play front, and either they try to eliminate my firepower in a tourney, or a bunch of newbies wanna lite me up cuz they want the braggin rights of beating that dude with the RT.

Either way I just feel better about my gun looking brand new after each use. I put the stock barrel on for show and storage, but would never use it, and even clean my tuffy tanks.

I take my revvie apart often too, cuz when I use ZAP, I get a oily residue, and I use marbs alot, which are dry...

so in short, yeah, i clean my gun every time, breaking everything down to pieces

BXmag
09-22-2001, 09:24 AM
Completely disassemble, inspect, oil and reassemble, whether it was just an hour of play or all day. I'm certain this is overkill, but I know my RT Pro will be fresh the next time I use it.

Restola
09-22-2001, 10:21 AM
my gun stays completly assembled in my tupperware container in my closet. all i need to do it turn on the on/off and its ready to shoot

FeelTheRT
09-22-2001, 11:47 AM
when i had my RT, i just took the body and trigger frame off and cleaned the spray inbetween the parts. I rarely ever had to clean the inside of the barrel and body cuz i rarely broke paint in it.

PyRo
09-22-2001, 01:09 PM
Hmm, I take my gun apart about 10x more then I play, is that bad? :)

alf
09-22-2001, 02:35 PM
restola,

you ROCK!

braaatz
09-23-2001, 01:54 AM
I will remove and clean the valve, barrel,and revvy.
If needed I disassemble my warp and clean it inside out.
I do this after every day of playing.
I have done this with all my guns in the past and
they still look new and are in excellent working
shape.