PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve Rebuild

slam
02-27-2004, 09:23 AM
I tried to rebuild my RT Valve last night with a ginuine AGD kit. First I have to say that trying to tell which o-ring is which is a real task.

After replacing all o-rings I aired the gun up and it leaked out the barrel. Read some post and I pulled out the on/off and oiled it some. The on\off pin sticks in the upper o-ring when I remove the valve.

Gun still leaked air down the barrel. I tried changing the bumber and spring back to the old ones and this stoped the gun from leaking don the barrel.

Now the gun leaks out the back of the adjuster. It will fire however it fires like 3 times for every tigger pull. I thought it may be to much air pressure so I turned doen the reg on my tank and it still has the same prob.

Looked at the exploded view of the valve today and noticec that there is an o-ring behind the reg seat. Mt valve did not have this, is that possible? Should I try and put an o-ring there?

Thanks for your help.

BlackVCG
02-27-2004, 10:51 AM
The stem sticking out of the back of the middle section of the valve is the reg. valve pin. There should be an o-ring that goes on this, then the brass o-ring holder and then an o-ring inside of that. Sometimes that o-ring gets in the pocket on the back half of the valve, so check and see if it's in that hole.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67599

Check out the Retro Valve disassembly post in there for tips and instructions on taking apart your Retro Valve.

slam
02-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Thank you I will try it.