PDA

View Full Version : Media regurgetation

Crime Dog
02-27-2004, 03:38 PM
So...I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on "The Passion". I know there's another "Review" thread...but I'm not necessarily looking for a technical review. I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the CONTENT of the movie...the meaning of it.

More specifically...I'd like NON-CHRISTIANS views on the message of the movie. I know what most Christians think...I'm interested in hearing from those that don't embrace the Christian faith.

And here's my restrictions:

1) Don't regurgetate what you've heard the media saying. We all know the media is biased, and largely unfair. (After all, a script was STOLEN from Mel Gibson, and rumors and accussations were made BEFORE the movie was even seen by Mel's accusers). I'd ask that you put aside what you're been hearing the media tell you to think, and tell me YOUR thoughts. That means...you had to have seen it. If you haven't seen it, please don't comment.

2) Believe it or not, the Jews were not the main characters in this story. Jesus was. What did you think about His words...His actions? What was the deeper message of this movie to you?

Mr.mike
02-27-2004, 04:41 PM
jesus was a jew, so jews were the main character in the movie

Crime Dog
02-27-2004, 04:44 PM
My goodness. Picky picky. ;)

I KNOW Jesus was a Jew.

Alright, let me rephrase...

"Believe it or not, the Jewish priests and "mob" were NOT the main characters of this story."

Is that better? :)

Restola
02-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Crime Dog
I'd like NON-CHRISTIANS views on the message of the movie.
I'll let you know in a few days from a completely unbiased-against-any-religion person (they're all fairy tales to me). I'll be going to hear an important story about our history that honestly, I could know more about. It wont be effecting me spiritually at all, so hopefully I can go in as unbiased as possible and write an intelligent review.

Plus I don't have cable, so I've missed all the 24-hour news cycle crap.

Rooster
02-28-2004, 07:53 AM
Am I the only person who is completely sick of all the posts on this movie? My view of this movie is that it's exactly that, A MOVIE. Yes its based on history, but so is Tora, Tora, Tora. What discussion is there to have? It happened, 2000 years passed, Mel Gibson made a movie.

Crime Dog
02-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Tora Tora Tora didn't affect people's lives, and world history the way Jesus did. That's why there's all the discussion. Jesus has been "controversial" since day one. That's why.

Anyways, I'm really not interested in this thread turning into a "I'm sick of hearing about this movie." If you don't want to read about it, I'd politely ask you to just not participate in the discussion. I'm interested in hearing from those that DO want to discuss it.

Again, what I'm looking for: A discussion on the deeper MEANING of the movie...NOT a review of the movie.

Thanks guys!

Rooster
02-28-2004, 08:20 AM
I'm not so politely asking that people keep it to one thread.

And ask anyone alive during the Pearl Harbor attack just how much it affected their lives.

I have this discussion with my brother everytime I see him, no one changes their beliefs based on a movie. It just doesn't happen. I know every youth group in America would like to beleive you drag your heathen friend to a movie and they suddenly beleive the same thing that you do, but it doesn't happen.

Its a movie. You either went in beleiving or you didn't. You came out the same way. Discussion won't change that, and all it does is clutter the board with useless posts.

Crime Dog
02-28-2004, 10:56 AM
*sighs* I'm sorry you feel that spiritual discussions are "useless".

If no one responds to this, than the thread dies. I shouldn't have expected anything different anyway.

And for the record, I was in no way implying that the events of WWII didn't majorly affect people's lives. Please don't put words in my mouth. Both of my grandfathers participated in the War. All I was pointing out was the thousands of years that the message of the Gospel has endured, and the millions, if not billions of lives it has affected.

Anyway...this will be my last post unless someone decides to participate in the thread, looking at the deeper meaning of Jesus's words and actions. Thank you.

ASDadam
02-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Agreed, If Rooster hadn't said anything this thread would already be down lower on the list and possibly disapear. So if you don't want to have a discussion on a discussion board, then stay out of it. I could care less if you're tired of hearing about it, so am I, but he has a right to a thread without your pathetic statements aimed at trying to quiet it. It aint gonna happen so get over it.