PDA

View Full Version : Help Rt Valve Leaking Air Out The Back

slam
02-27-2004, 09:35 PM
I rebuilt my rt valve last night.

First problem was air down barrel. I discoverd that the bolt broke and the center post and the tip were sliding out the front of the tube. Has this happened to anyone?

Replaced the bolt now leaking air out the back. Fresh oring can the brass piece go bad and leak air?

Dayspring
02-28-2004, 03:02 AM
Turn down the velocity first. If that doesn't work, and the oring on the piston is loose, then yes, replace the piston.

Thourne
02-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Dayspring, is there a break in period for the oring for the brass piston. I rebuilt my RT valve last night, and it was leaking because I had the velocity to high (when I reinstalled the velocity adjuster (Bakc thing) I turned to too far. Then when I went and chronoed turned the velocity down and it still leaked for about 15 minutes, then it stopped leaking is this normal?

Also, do the two springs in the back of the gun ever wear out? Could they ever be the reason the piston leaks?

slam
02-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the info. I tried running some paint through it yesterday but it did not correct the prob. Im just going to send it in.

BlackVCG
02-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Check out my Retro Valve disassembly thread in the Gun/Air System Maintenance thread at the top of this forum. If that doesn't help you, I can go through the valve and rebuild it and get it working like it should. Let me know. :)