PDA

View Full Version : The way to arm our pilots!

1stdeadeye
02-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Want to stop hijackings? This is how we need to arm our pilots!

http://www.unclephilly.com/feb04/pilot.jpg

;) :p

chizle97
02-28-2004, 09:01 AM
and why shouldnt our commercial pilots have the same kind of protection our mail curriers do?:D

phantomhitman
02-28-2004, 11:37 AM
lol, i could imagine a hi jckers face when he busts into the cockpit and see that pointed at him. :eek:

p8ntball1016
02-28-2004, 11:38 AM
nothing like a barret .50 to protect a flying tin can!:D

impostal22
02-28-2004, 11:52 AM
lol...a sniper rifle to protect the pilot at close range..that's a great idea :p. that thing is so powerful, that it would go right through the terrorist and proceed to puncture the wall of the airplane...loss of cabin pressure...nose dive...boom..

give them tasers! yknow, the ones that can reach like 12 feet. that would be both efficient and fun to use!

1stdeadeye
02-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by impostal22
lol...a sniper rifle to protect the pilot at close range..that's a great idea :p. that thing is so powerful, that it would go right through the terrorist and proceed to puncture the wall of the airplane...loss of cabin pressure...nose dive...boom..

give them tasers! yknow, the ones that can reach like 12 feet. that would be both efficient and fun to use!

Yes but the rifle has a bit more intimidation power!:D

Koosh
02-28-2004, 11:59 AM
You wouldn't need to worry about the bullet going through the plane and ultimately causing a crash, especially when you have a pilot who can levitate things ;)

BobTheCow
02-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by TheFlamingKoosh
You wouldn't need to worry about the bullet going through the plane and ultimately causing a crash, especially when you have a pilot who can levitate things ;) BAD PUN ALERT!! DANGER!! DANGER!!

:p

impostal22
02-28-2004, 12:30 PM
You wouldn't need to worry about the bullet going through the plane and ultimately causing a crash, especially when you have a pilot who can levitate things ;)

why don't i get it:confused:

gamarada717
02-28-2004, 12:31 PM
Could you even turn that thing around in a cockpit?

BobTheCow
02-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Anybody else think he looks EXACTLY like the pilot from the movie <i>Airplane</i>?!? :eek: :D

sharpshooter1286
02-28-2004, 01:27 PM
impostal22, then busted that myth on mythbusters, nothing would happen, the plane wouldnt explode or nose dive or ne thing

p8ntball1016
02-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
Anybody else think he looks EXACTLY like the pilot from the movie <i>Airplane</i>?!? :eek: :D he looks very very much like commandant lassard from police academy.:D

CasingBill
02-28-2004, 03:20 PM

watch mythbusters.....won't lose enough pressure to make a difference....busted;)

Rather
02-28-2004, 03:35 PM
As long as he isn't an Americas West pilot. I'm all for him having the gun. :eek: ;) :p

1stdeadeye
02-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by gamarada717
Could you even turn that thing around in a cockpit?

Why would you ever point it towards the front of the plane? Unless they are being dive bombed by a Zero, you would point it towards the passenger cabin at all times!:D

;)

FutureMagOwner
02-28-2004, 04:09 PM

accualy hes holding the gun by its carrying handle thingy :p :D ;)

dj89
02-28-2004, 06:00 PM
the tigger frame looks like a 68 automag frame?

:p :p :p

1stdeadeye
02-28-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Rather
As long as he isn't an Americas West pilot. I'm all for him having the gun. :eek: ;) :p

Naw, he looks sober!:D

-Tab
02-28-2004, 10:13 PM
OR

EVERYONE on the plane could be given a knife before flight.

yeahthatsme
02-28-2004, 10:21 PM
ummm wut if they were mostly terrorist? then you just armed them...

ShortStrokeTX
02-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Bah, guns on planes don't hurt anybody but terrorists and the unlucky SOB that was in the way of the bullet that killed the terrorist lol. But seriously, all that has to be done is if you shoot a hole in the plane drop it down to a lower altitude.

Restola
02-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by ShortStrokeTX
Bah, guns on planes don't hurt anybody but terrorists and the unlucky SOB that was in the way of the bullet that killed the terrorist lol.
lol thats really funny.

And we had a very long discussion on the whole decompression issue...lets not do it again :)

Albinonewt
02-29-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
Want to stop hijackings? This is how we need to arm our pilots!

I don't understand. Is there a knife or something in that carry on? Or is he just going to use the bag as a shield while h e tries to land the plane.

breg
02-29-2004, 03:23 AM
Personally, though I hae to admit it, I think the best side arm would be something is the 9mm family. They don't have a lot of knockdown power, but they don't over penetrait. Which is a good thing when you are firing with a wide group behind the target. Just put some hollow points in that thing and watch the bad things happen to bad people.

Sir_Brass
02-29-2004, 04:20 AM
arm pilots with .40 ACP pistols with JHP rounds. The JHP rounds ensure maximum damage to soft targets as well as garuntee that the round doesn't go through the target. And the .40 has good knockdown power, so even if the shot wasn't fatal, then the hostile is still incapacitated from a combination of the wound and being tossed back hard.

Also, a double tap to the head will always end a terrorist's plane-comandeering campaign ;).

Spazzmav13
02-29-2004, 12:07 PM
hey phantomhitman, the key objective is not to let the terrorist have time to have a facial reaction......just blow his head off

Spazzmav13
02-29-2004, 12:11 PM
how many air marshalls do they actualy have on planes these days? do they ever have more than one on the plane? lots of people say you give an air marshall a gun and have him sit on ten or so flights and by the time u know it their just thinking with their finger waiting to blow anything away that might or might not be a threat.....but i think the more air marshalls the better. NO WAY IN **** WE CAN LET THOSE ******** GET AWAY WITH ANOTHER 9/11

DONT MESS WITH THE U.S.

Lohman446
02-29-2004, 12:44 PM
The rumor I had heard, was on the original 9/11 part of the hostage rescue team was in Cali and on flights back towards DC - could you have imagined some friggin terrorist running up with a knife and being met with an UZI or a half dozen (yes, many FBI agents fly armed, and while nto an uzi..).

Me - pictures terrorist looking up... oops

-Jôker-
02-29-2004, 02:16 PM

i was thinkin the same thing.. they should give commercial pilots the m9 or a ruger 22 pistol

bryceeden
03-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by breg
Personally, though I hae to admit it, I think the best side arm would be something is the 9mm family. They don't have a lot of knockdown power, but they don't over penetrait. Which is a good thing when you are firing with a wide group behind the target. Just put some hollow points in that thing and watch the bad things happen to bad people.

I would agree that 9mms are best, but they actually have a higher vellocity and thus deeper penitration than say a .45(Can you tell I have spent way too much time in police training?) I think for most airlines a small .22 pistol would work best/be safest.

FactsOfLife
03-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by bryceeden

I would agree that 9mms are best, but they actually have a higher vellocity and thus deeper penitration than say a .45(Can you tell I have spent way too much time in police training?) I think for most airlines a small .22 pistol would work best/be safest.

.22??? Are you kidding? Minimum should be 9mm, .40 S&W would be ideal.

.22 has little if any practical value as an offensive/defensive caliber.

f3rr3+
03-01-2004, 07:01 PM
.22? were not a in a tickle fight here :rolleyes:

Spazzmav13
03-01-2004, 09:43 PM
yeah give them all Desert Eagles! lol, no probably .45 Colts would be practical enough to get the job done.

bryceeden
03-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife

.22??? Are you kidding? Minimum should be 9mm, .40 S&W would be ideal.

.22 has little if any practical value as an offensive/defensive caliber.

I understand that, but while the plane wont crash from a hole, the hole should still be as small as possable, and a .22 will do the job as long as the terrorist doesn't have body armor on. An FN fiveseven would probably be a good choice as well.

In reality they do make low velocity .45 and 9mm rounds that won't usually damage the aircraft very badly.

03-02-2004, 07:03 PM
http://world.guns.ru/machine/6_m134_movie.jpg

Mount one of those at the cock pit door a terrorist opens that thing and see that you probably wont even need to shoot it. Picture isnt showing up. Well it was a mini gun