PDA

View Full Version : I just got my first mag, many quandaries.

trains are bad
02-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Classic mag that is. Running Co2, anti-siphon tank.

It leaks out the back sometimes, but then I shoot and it's OK...?

Where are all the freakin orings? People say the only thing to fix is orings but they must be all inside the valve, which I haven't taken apart yet.

Do you need the bolt foamy?

The velocity adjustment seemed very touchy.

Is there any vertical adaptors that are shorter? My expansion chamber hangs down too low.
While I'm on that I want to get a stubby, small expansion chamber. What's a good one?

Dayspring
02-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Turn down the velocity on the adjuster in back. If that doesn't work, change the oring on the piston inside the reg assembly.

Orings are all internal. No outside moving parts.

What kind of bolt? I know it's not needed on the level 10, it's just added insurance.

What's so touchy about the adjuster? A small turn will give you the adjustment you want.

trains are bad
02-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Yes it's no big deal I guess but a little bit gets a lot of change. It's not a lvl ten. And it stopped leaking after I oiled it like crazy. But one of the holes in the grip frame is stripped. I hope it's fixable.

DeerChaser
02-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Is it a stock frame (plastic)? If so, find a square 10/32 nut to replace the one thats stripped.

trains are bad
02-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah Ok. good. I think I'm gonna stick with it too because I like single triggers and don't feel like cutting a Y or intelli down. This thing is so mad accurate! and quiet!:eek:

Deer hunting is cool, especially bowhunting. Why don't I deer hunt anymore anyway...

electriceel125
02-29-2004, 12:05 PM
ACI 4 stage x chambers work nice. And there pretty short

bokraham
03-01-2004, 09:06 AM
the manual said not to use an anti-siphon tank. You probably had liquid in the valve.

yeah I use an aci sub zero 4 stage

trains are bad
03-01-2004, 09:17 AM
Why would the manual say that? Are you sure it didn't recommend against a siphon tank?

trains are bad
03-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Why would anyone NOT use an anti-siphon tank?

Also I got it setup and have been dryfirng.

When I rip on it for a long time it starts getting easier to shortstroke, and doubles (I imagine this would be chop city) I have also had the trigger stick back for a few seconds and it wouldn't fire. I'm wondering if these are just symptoms of the input pressure dropping (CO2 getting cold) or something fixable. If it's just CO2 dropoff I imagine I'd be shooting down by then too.

Any tips on not shortstroking?

lbonettosd
03-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Sounds like your freezing the orings in the valve when your ripping on the trigger. (just one of the drawbacks of using Co2) I know the same thing happens to my scenario mag when I start ripping on it while running Co2. Oh, FYI if you decide to upgrade to the Level X be aware that it is ALOT more sensitive to Co2. So the first thing I would upgrade is your air source. Go HPA, then Level X. Thats my $.02.

trains are bad
03-02-2004, 08:39 PM
I can't do the HPA thing or I already would have. It only does it when I rip more than I probably would in a game. First upgrade is going to be a y-grip.

maybe I should buy an oring kit and just replace all the orings. I got it used afterall.

lbonettosd
03-02-2004, 08:44 PM
If you bought it used that wouldn't be a bad idea. Hit up Tunaman, he's got the LOWEST prices going for anything AGD.

PS- You might want to re-think upgrading to a y-frame first. There has been many polls on the "best" first upgrade and the Level X is the #1 choice.