PDA

View Full Version : halo shell rot

misfit
02-28-2004, 05:59 PM
so i finally get my sfl back. go get the tank filled, shoot 3 pods, take the halo off, and the neck breaks off, both sides. upon inpectioin, the plastic seems to be roting, it is just cumbling off. i take the shells off and the same thing has happend around the hole for the battery screw. ha anybody else had this problem, im thinking it is defective. time to call odyssey on monday.

tribalman
02-28-2004, 06:44 PM
i've seen this happen, my friends halo broke on the feed neck. just the clear plastic around the feed tube. i think that it is because it's plastic. plastic likes to break.

BobTheCow
02-28-2004, 07:48 PM
Wow, creepy, I noticed this exact thing today and was going to ask about... fortunately the whole neck didn't break, but parts on two sides flaked off easily, simply because it seemed like the plastic was going bad. I've had this thing less than a year!! *shivers* I hope Odyssey's customer service is still as amazing as it was less than a year ago... :(

p8ntball1016
02-28-2004, 07:58 PM
damn! and i just bought a tsa!:mad:

Stitch
02-28-2004, 09:55 PM
The shells have a year warrenty and there was a flaw in the way the older ones where made I was told, because I just had 3 of them replaced.