PDA

View Full Version : Best temp for playing?

nt2004
02-28-2004, 07:08 PM
I have not been playing paintball too often lately outdoors simply because the weather has been causing my mag to break paint in the barrel if i fire too fast. Now i know it is the cold out here in Illinios that is doing it because I tried my same setup this winter in an indoor field with the same paint and it didnt chop a ball. All winter, this problem has been frustrating me so i decided to stop for a while.

Lately the weather has been warming up(around mid 40's)and has been very sunny. I'm itching to start playing again but i'm still a bit worried. I love using evil which has a horrible problem with cold weather(breaks constantly in my freak)but is amazingin warmer weather. I know several types of paintballs become instantly crappy in cold weather and i hate that.

My question is what is the best temperature to play in(not talking about comfort)? What is the lowest temperature in which the paint will perform optimaly?

BobTheCow
02-28-2004, 07:41 PM
A better option, instead of trying to command mother nature to fit your weekend schedule, might be to look into "Polar Ice" brand paint. It's got super-thick fill and shell, and it's designed specifically for cold-weather balling. Not too horrible of a price tag, either. Give it a try, paintball's not worth missing for the cold!! :)

magsRus
02-28-2004, 09:51 PM
65-70 Degrees and a LIGHT breeze

Python14
02-28-2004, 10:31 PM
MagsRus hit it right on the head. Actually, it can be even up into the upper 70s, but as long as there is a light breeze....everything is good.

nt2004
02-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
A better option, instead of trying to command mother nature to fit your weekend schedule, might be to look into "Polar Ice" brand paint. It's got super-thick fill and shell, and it's designed specifically for cold-weather balling. Not too horrible of a price tag, either. Give it a try, paintball's not worth missing for the cold!! :)

yeah i'm not sure about using polar ice. I've heard of it several times and i've heard if it isnt cold enough, they have a tendency not to break at all on impact. That would end up being the other extreme, i'd need to find cold enoguh days to play

Annihilator44
02-28-2004, 11:32 PM
70-75 degrees light breeze HA ya that would be a perfect dreamworld playing in that all the time. I would say 50-60 degrees would be very comforatable and shouldnt be hard on your paint at all. The lowest would probably be 40 but thats pushing it. Highest i will play in is 90 damn after that it gets unbarable.

StuDawggie
02-29-2004, 05:41 AM
45 to 75 with a light breeze. It's not too cold that it's unbearable to go in just a jersey, and not too hot for a jersey. But the snow is absolutley out of the question for me.

nt2004
02-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Annihilator44
70-75 degrees light breeze HA ya that would be a perfect dreamworld playing in that all the time. I would say 50-60 degrees would be very comforatable and shouldnt be hard on your paint at all. The lowest would probably be 40 but thats pushing it. Highest i will play in is 90 damn after that it gets unbarable.
ha last year i spent about 4-5 hours playing in the sun on an airball field. It was about 98 degrees and high humidity. I played for about 4 games straight and about collapsed from dehydration. Paint worked okay though

tony3
02-29-2004, 11:32 AM
I have played in 0*-95*, and have never had a problem with breaking paint in different weather:confused: I always use polar ice if I play outside in the winter though. My personal favorite temp is 55-60 no wind.

jayloo
02-29-2004, 12:02 PM
If the paint shoots ok, you don't get frostbite and no good chance of a heat stroke....then it is perfect pball weather.

BTW, indoors is 100% perfect weather cept if the AC don't work.

Pacifist_Farmer
02-29-2004, 03:51 PM
60 degrees F

the key is

less than 10 percent humidity

skife
02-29-2004, 04:48 PM
I've played from -5 F to 90F

-5 sucks, We were using core paint, it didn't shoot too terriably bad because the fill is more like a gel than a liquid

02-29-2004, 08:28 PM
65 no breeze 75 with breeze.

But right now i settle for anything above 50.

coolcatpete
02-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by magsRus
65-70 Degrees and a LIGHT breeze
I personally hate wind while playing because it definatly blows the balls a lttle.
Pete

team unwanted
02-29-2004, 10:18 PM
70 is prefact and no wind at all

elpimpo
02-29-2004, 10:23 PM

painball
02-29-2004, 10:35 PM
A cool 55-60*. I have always wanted to play in the rain. It is always cool, but not too cool. And nothing beats sliding in water soaked grass. I wanna play in the rain!!

coolcatpete
02-29-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by painball
A cool 55-60*. I have always wanted to play in the rain. It is always cool, but not too cool. And nothing beats sliding in water soaked grass. I wanna play in the rain!!
Rain is awsome with a mech other wise say hello to a fried baord.
Pete

tony3
02-29-2004, 11:01 PM
Rain sucks, always, no doubt about it. If you are planning on playing in the rain bring lots of electrical tape, you better wrap up that porting or your accuracy is going to hell. Not to mention it is wet, muddy and overall sucky. Is it me or does it always seem to rain for tournies?

elpimpo
02-29-2004, 11:12 PM
i dont have problems with a rained out tourney but the snow sucks. and also to the dude that likes the rain, what happens if u get rain in ur hopper, or on ur paint some other way

Annihilator44
02-29-2004, 11:22 PM
RAIN SUCKS...i played in rain once your clothes get soaked your gun gets soaked and worst your PAINTBALLS get soaked...also i left like 1000 pballs in my bag and it got soaked ya you can imagine what happends to the paintballs completely ruined...on the off topic you know what hella fun? Go out to your course (if you have one) right after it rained and pick up all the paintballs there the size of walnuts and filled with water its fun to have a fight with them with your friends they make a huge mess...anyways lol ya RAIN SUCKS