PDA

View Full Version : Putting custom graphics on jerseys

~WarpedRT#2~
02-28-2004, 11:08 PM
After recently becoming sponsored, I would like to get some graphics on my, and my teams jerseys. Can this be done with iron ons, or do I have to get them screen printed on? If so, how much would screen pringing cost? I did this a bit in high school, but I was never aware of how much it would cost. Any other methods out there that I dont have listed??

angelbeast24
02-28-2004, 11:59 PM
you can do iron ons me and my friends make band shirts with them if you do them right and cut out all the excess they can look really nice, almost like u bought them in a store

jimmyjobob
02-29-2004, 12:04 AM
screen printing is going to look the best. unfortunately for short runs they can be costly.

transfers are an option but the colors are no where near what you will get from silk screen inks. the other draw back is that some of the transfers can fade after several washes. some sooner than others. im referring to the sheets you buy at office depot, etc.

some silk screen companies will actually create iron one for you. meaning the inks are screened on in reverse to a transfer material, rather than directly to the shirt themselves. dont think you will save to much here though.

OysterBoy
02-29-2004, 12:43 AM
..know what ive always wanted to try (lol)?

putting a shirt thru an inkjet printer...

hahah.

probably get jammed though....

.....ill be right back.......

:D

~WarpedRT#2~
02-29-2004, 12:27 PM
I heard that if you try iron ons on jerseys it will melt them, so I wasnt sure it it would be safe to get those done like that.

Chojin Man
02-29-2004, 01:01 PM
I would imagine that a normal iron on from the store would melt the jersey. You have to use a very high iron setting for those cotton or higher.

~WarpedRT#2~
03-02-2004, 10:36 AM
hmmm, i guess your right. Someone told me taht if you used wet wash cloths, it would keep it from burning the fabric. Anyone know of any cheap ways to get graphics on?

chairman_mao
03-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Maybe I missed something but why not go for new shirts? I think that's the only way you're going to be totally satisfied with what you get. Iron ons nomatter how high quality will be totalled after one heavy use tourny and screen printing for 10 or so shirts is almost gonna cost the same as new jerseys. That's just my opinion

Chojin Man
03-02-2004, 02:57 PM
I agree. Try to save up for a custom jeresy

You can try a stencil with a thick fabic paint, but a)it would be really hard to get good detail b)easy to messup/bleed the paint c)you are pretty much limited to one color(stenciling more than one color is a royal pain)

~WarpedRT#2~
03-04-2004, 02:06 PM
We are getting new jerseys. I just want to find the best way to get graphics on them. How do pro teams get their graphics on? I may be able to get them screen printed on, but my experience with screen printing says that it wont last too long, but I'm not sure.

InexactMelissa
03-04-2004, 02:11 PM
then you want the dye sublimation, which is basically fusing the ink with the fabric. Look at Custom Sports Gear (http://www.customsportsgear.com) (you'll see our jerseys there ;) )

BetaMax
03-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Looks like they dont have the Automags.Org template anymore.. Gonna have to call and make sure.

steveo356
03-04-2004, 09:23 PM
I noticed many of the "top teams" have there jersys custom made by smart parts europe. But i dun need to do that Friends dad make these things