PDA

View Full Version : ReRo valve "reg seat" o-ring question

alf
09-22-2001, 02:51 PM
Alright,

not sure what this piece (pieces, actually) is called, but it is between the two pieces of the Retro valve...in the same location as the automag's reg seat. consists of an O ring, a small metal dome-shaped, cross-cut piece, and another o-ring...

when i took it apart, the outermost o-ring was partially out of the domed piece. should it fit snugly inside of it?

also, the on/off pin...can i just pull it out? when i took the on/off top/bottom piece out, the pin stayed in the valve

(never took a Retro valve apart before, and dont wanna screw it up)

thanks again, guys

-alf

Tunaman
09-23-2001, 07:15 AM
Alf, Install one oring in each half of the valve before assembly. It is common for the rear one to pop out upon dis-assembly. As far as the on-off pin goes, pull it out and re-assemble the on-off like a regular Mag. Put the oring on it and Pop it in. I have found a small problem with the REGULATOR PIN ASSEMBLY getting stuck in the front half of the valve. Use extreme caution when removing this part, as there is a VERY SMALL C-CLIP holding the stack of washers on. If it come apart, you will NEVER find this clip...Hope this helps...

alf
09-23-2001, 07:37 PM
tunaman,

thats the kind of stuff i need to know!

thanks!!!!!!!

-alf