PDA

View Full Version : AGD Out of Paintball Industry??

chronic2323
02-29-2004, 12:48 AM
On the WGP forums someone posted this I'm not sure where he got it from...

"Here is the short explanation. AGDE has taken a job to run the National Paintball Europe distribution center. They will still distribute our products but making bodies is not high on the list. They are machining the last of the extrusions so there will only be one more batch of about 50 xmags. Some people on the list will not get them, sorry I dont know what to say.

The Emag is going on 4 years old and is due for a complete revamp. We will be selling off the last of them (about 250) and discontinuing that product.

Now the bad news, with the current legal situations going on in paintball it is not strategicaly smart for us to invest in a new e-marker at this time. We are going to wait until the dust settles and see who comes out on top before we proceed with a new design.

We will work slowly on a new concept that will eliminate the large battery and charger, incorporate the ULT trigger system and completely new electronics. We don't expect to introduce this marker until 2005 if it makes sense to do so.

The point of all this is that we are making these decisions based on industry influences. Our customers have nothing to do with the products we do or don't develop these days. Think about it".

AGD

If Smart Parts continues these lawsuits then it will definetly be delayed until after 2005. I don't own a Mag or use any of the AGD products (I'm an autococker user) but without AGD we probably wouldn't have had HPA Tanks and I have always dreamed about having an X-Mag. So us people need to do something to Smart Parts. Numbers of people are beginning to boycott there products causing them to loose more money then they gain from these lawsuits and others are calling and emailing them non-stop. Please help save the paintball industry!

gibby
02-29-2004, 12:49 AM
Whoever posted that got it straight from AO. :)

nato
02-29-2004, 12:50 AM
yup... i saw it comming... im sure agd will be bought out within a year to two years. Hope not but it wouldn't suprize me.

N.A.T.O.

magking1971
02-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by nato
yup... i saw it comming... im sure agd will be bought out within a year to two years. Hope not but it wouldn't suprize me.

N.A.T.O.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

nato
02-29-2004, 01:03 AM
yea, go on laughing...cause ummm. Im gonna sleep now.

N.A.T.O.

magking1971
02-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Of course if anyone could read a post. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127183.

AGD
02-29-2004, 01:58 AM
this is redundant, closing. AGD