PDA

View Full Version : Speculation; AGD + Merging = ???

OysterBoy
02-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Well I was just thinking. REMEMBER, THIS IS PURELY SPECULATION!!!

What do YOU think would happen if AGD merged with a comapny like PMI (Another old, surviving company, adn I still say they make better guns then Kingman), OR VICE VERSA (PMI Joining AGD to form AGD...lol)

As far as I know there is very little anemosity between the 2, and the are both companies from back in the day

How would either company be affected?

Would they have a better shot at getting sponsored tournament teams sporting the AGD/PMI logo??

Remember, this is speculation, NOT suggestion.

Your thoughts???

WARPED1
02-29-2004, 02:34 PM
AGD and NPS. Since NPS has already signed with SP to be able to continue electros, the E/X Mags could continue without interruption.

OysterBoy
02-29-2004, 02:36 PM
..true, but then they are just another one of the flock that NPS owns.

Still, good comment.

Bolter
02-29-2004, 02:38 PM
The guy who is AGDEurope has just taken on NPS Europe also.

*brain ticking over*

Butterfingers
02-29-2004, 03:04 PM
This might not be such a bad idea...

Perhaps tom could strike up a deal with a paintball company that dosent make guns.

This is completely arbitrary. It could be any company.

But perhaps an RP Scherer/AGD sponsored pro team where AGD makes RP Special Edition Mags for RPS and RPS can brag about how good thier paintballs are for taking X championships.

"RPS only the best use the best..." "Breaks on the player not in your gun..." "Out of Millions of paintballs we shot during the 2005 season we only broke 2 (LX!) RPS where quality counts"

I can see it now... AGD will dominate.

Brophog
02-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Speculation or not, I don't see it happening.

You'd be hard pressed to get me to believe Tom is only in this business for that reason, business. I kinda believe he'd just pack it up if things got to bad.

WARPED1
02-29-2004, 03:11 PM
AGD needs to merge with somone who has already dealt with SP, like NPS has. Then they can make the E/X mags. If they stop producing, and Pride(for example) goes mech, they will get eaten alive by all the other teams with superior firepower. 14 years ago when I started playing, skill was needed more than firepower, but now it's more firepower based. Skill helps still a little.

OysterBoy
02-29-2004, 03:12 PM
To Brophog

I see your point, but what about the lifes work? The employees??

Really, its more then just 'wahts right', but honestly if they did, where would everyone work? Sure, they could seperate and eventually join other paintball companies but thats even worse.

My 0.02 CDN (which counts for nothing in America..)

Brophog
02-29-2004, 03:14 PM
The problem with that logic is, when companies merge, one of the largest reasons is to cut LABOR. Very rarely do you keep the majority of your staff after merging.

What assets does AGD have that a prospective company would acquire due to the merger?

OysterBoy
02-29-2004, 03:17 PM
obviously highly-trained tech and engineering. I think the idea of merging with a non-marker making company would be MOST logical, as no one from either side would have to get shafted, just put into different departments.

Once again, this is all just thought, AGD decides how AGD will live or die.

Just for the record, I'm a 'Mech' supporter.

Lee
02-29-2004, 03:23 PM
nice speculation, but, i hope that it would not be pmi. thier quality has gone WAY down since back in the day.

RoadDawg
02-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
AGD needs to merge with somone who has already dealt with SP, like NPS has. Then they can make the E/X mags. If they stop producing, and Pride(for example) goes mech, they will get eaten alive by all the other teams with superior firepower. 14 years ago when I started playing, skill was needed more than firepower, but now it's more firepower based. Skill helps still a little.
With the X and Emag being discontinued that doesn't mean they won't still be shooting them. After all they do last long periods of time and I'm pretty sure AGD wouldn't stop fixing a product they have made and discontinued. Skill makes up for more then people give credit. It's quite simple that if you don't know how to move or out smart the opponent your not gonna get very far. Now firepower is a presence but I still feel that without quite a bit of skill the game would be just sit back and watch type of deals. IMO AGD doesn't really need to merge with anyone. I see more and more mag owners popping up all the time. Most are off the used market so AGD doesn't get the $$$ but upgrades are where it's at.

WARPED1
02-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by RoadDawg

With the X and Emag being discontinued that doesn't mean they won't still be shooting them. After all they do last long periods of time and I'm pretty sure AGD wouldn't stop fixing a product they have made and discontinued. Skill makes up for more then people give credit. It's quite simple that if you don't know how to move or out smart the opponent your not gonna get very far. Now firepower is a presence but I still feel that without quite a bit of skill the game would be just sit back and watch type of deals. IMO AGD doesn't really need to merge with anyone. I see more and more mag owners popping up all the time. Most are off the used market so AGD doesn't get the $$$ but upgrades are where it's at. You'd think the factory team would shoot the top of the line marker AGD has.....AND STILL PRODUCES!:D

Butterfingers
02-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Well Id say we change the rules around a bit and allow reactive triggers since guns now that have ridiculoous uncontollable bounce are legal.

AGD would rape the industry.

If I pull the trigger on my RT I get an instant 23 BPS... Its still safe unlike bounce markers that keep firing after you let go...

RoadDawg
02-29-2004, 05:53 PM
You'd think the factory team would shoot the top of the line marker AGD has.....AND STILL PRODUCES!:D

If you noticed AGD also said that it's gonna revamp the Emag and release in 2k5 hopefully when the SP issue is solved. So many negative people. AGD has survived this long with only 1 basic electro mag. Now the tourny players and people that can afford to shot lots of paint will go electro. The rest of the marekt goes after Mechanical and that is what AGD offers and are fantastic at. With the ULT (which needs to be marketed IMO) could bring mech's back to the scenes as these things CAN be real quick and light (even walkable). Electro's are a piece of the tourny scene but how many weekend warriors play with electro's? From what I've seen electro spyders seem to be the most common and that's due to the cheapness of the marker and being foreign made. AGD's might be more pricey but it's tough and will last longer then most markers. AGD will be around for awhile, even without the Electro market for a year or so. Gives them time to R&D a top notch electro and get rid of the complaints of the original emag.

WARPED1
02-29-2004, 06:22 PM

If you noticed AGD also said that it's gonna revamp the Emag and release in 2k5 hopefully when the SP issue is solved. But I thought the E/X Mag would no longer be produced? Hello confusion my old friend.

tony3
02-29-2004, 06:27 PM
NO, the emag design etc is discontinued. AGD will make a new elecro gun but it wont be out till sometime in 2005. Emag and xmag make up the smaller precentage of agds owners. More people buy agd for a reliable solid mech gun.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-29-2004, 06:28 PM
But I thought the E/X Mag would no longer be produced? Hello confusion my old friend.

edit just reread the thread

Now the bad news, with the current legal situations going on in paintball it is not strategicaly smart for us to invest in a new e-marker at this time. We are going to wait until the dust settles and see who comes out on top before we proceed with a new design.

We will work slowly on a new concept that will eliminate the large battery and charger, incorporate the ULT trigger system and completely new electronics. We don't expect to introduce this marker until 2005 if it makes sense to do so.

AGD

Creative Mayhem
02-29-2004, 06:35 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you noticed AGD also said that it's gonna revamp the Emag and release in 2k5 hopefully when the SP issue is solved.

But I thought the E/X Mag would no longer be produced? Hello confusion my old friend.

I think that quote answers your question...

the E/Xmag are discontinued, but are being REVAMPED or changed, IF the SP thing is settled..

Translation for simpletons... if SP thing is settled, AGD will be making a new electro..

RoadDawg
02-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Here is an small portion of Tom's original announcement.

I didn't answer because I am busy doing stuff tonight but I see that its going to cause a big ruckus if I dont.

Here is the short explanation. AGDE has taken a job to run the National Paintball Europe distribution center. They will still distribute our products but making bodies is not high on the list. They are machining the last of the extrusions so there will only be one more batch of about 50 xmags. Some people on the list will not get them, sorry I dont know what to say.

The Emag is going on 4 years old and is due for a complete revamp. We will be selling off the last of them (about 250) and discontinuing that product.

Now the bad news, with the current legal situations going on in paintball it is not strategicaly smart for us to invest in a new e-marker at this time. We are going to wait until the dust settles and see who comes out on top before we proceed with a new design.

We will work slowly on a new concept that will eliminate the large battery and charger, incorporate the ULT trigger system and completely new electronics. We don't expect to introduce this marker until 2005 if it makes sense to do so.

The point of all this is that we are making these decisions based on industry influences. Our customers have nothing to do with the products we do or don't develop these days. Think about it.

AGD

Now that he says revamp and possibly releasing the next one possibly in 2k5 which is next year. It will not have the same Emag design and what not but they may do another e-marker if they see fit which will most likely no matter what get a title of 2k5 Emag. Which is why I said what I said. They are gonna most likely take the "complaints" of the Emag and try to incorporate it into a "new" E marker.

tony3
02-29-2004, 06:36 PM
They are going to make a new electro, just not right now. The emag is old and needs to be revamped, and while they are discontiuing the xmag, they are just going to discontinue the emag while they are at it and avoid smart parts while they can. Once the SP lawsuits drift over they are going to produce a new electro.