PDA

View Full Version : What is the lightest fixed output 68/45 tank?

cdawg
02-29-2004, 04:36 PM
I have done a search on this, but tanks are constantly coming out that are lighter, and the posts I found were somewhat dated. I'm looking for the lightest fixed 68/45 tanks under $300. Thanks.

p8ntball1016
02-29-2004, 04:43 PM
aci bulldogs are light. and i belive theyre under 300 bucks. at least mine was.

teufelhunden
02-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Since the physical tanks are all the same [basically..] they're all going to weigh about the same. It's going to come down to the weight of the reg, which I think ND has the smallest.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
02-29-2004, 04:59 PM
I think that the weight diff is going to be negligible, so if I were you...I'd go with the most reliable tank. At the AO CA day we put the new software on the x/emags. There was only one preset that could actually keep up with the rof of the new software. That was the Pure Energy. The problem with the Presets is that they are rated for X psi output, but you really have no idea what they are actually putting out or if they are maintaining that output at high rofs. I happened to have the Pure Energy tank and would recommend it if you are going preset. I would suggest that you ditch the gauge that comes with it for a higher quality gauge tho. I hope that helps.

cdawg
02-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Thanks, I'll probably go Pure Energy 68/45. Aren't the MacDev Conquest's really light too?

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
02-29-2004, 08:34 PM
yeah..lite and adjustable. Nice air system from what I understand. Just make sure that it is adjustable up to 850-1k area because if you are shooting a mag..that is the output pressure you will need. Right now I have a flatline adjustable air tank

Steelrat
02-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Conquest wont generate a high enough pressure, as they top out at 600 psi or so. Flatlines are being discontinued. The dynaflows seem pretty light, compact, and high-flow.

yeahthatsme
02-29-2004, 10:37 PM
worr gas is the lightest, i believe.

angelbeast24
02-29-2004, 11:18 PM
my conquest is soo lite but it only puts out 650 psi but who needs that when i only run 72 psi into my trix:p

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
02-29-2004, 11:41 PM
I've heard about a lot of quality control issues on the worr gas.

abunkerer
03-01-2004, 02:07 AM
USAF, what other tanks did you test? I am in the market for a new tank since my Dye throttle failed to have a high enough flow rate for my LX 3.2emag.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
03-01-2004, 02:42 AM
from what i saw others using...crossfire, aci, nitro duck. I'm sure there were other brands, but I'm just telling you what I personally saw. My friend has a crossfire rt now and it definately isn't keeping up. If you are in the market for a preset...I'd go pure energy. I just picked up a flatline...if you want to really make that thing sing..turn the pressure up to 1k or so set your debounce low and cry when you realize how much paint you will shoot :D

jtoothman25
03-01-2004, 04:08 AM
not all the tanks are exactly the same. 3 companies make tanks on the most part. SCI, Luxfer, and Carleton. I'm talkin about fiber wrapped tanks here, the lightest you'd have for that price range. If you want a 68 ci, luxfer and carletons both weight 2.2 lbs, while the SCI has a 70 ci tank that weights 2.42 lbs. You can buy a tank without a reg, then buy the best reg for the best tank. Just make sure you know what you are doing. I've witnessed nothing but problems from a worrgass system, and crossfire's seem to be crap. I had a steel pure energy tank, and it never let me down, but only weighed me down.

~Josh

StygShore
03-01-2004, 04:40 AM
Suprised to see such praise from Pure Energy systems really, I have aseen a lot of them fail to keep up, and have leakign issues and all kinds of stuff at the field I work for.

Crossfire ( the new ones! ) tanks dont seem to have any problem for me, I was able to rip a string of 16bps on my eblade, and it never had a problem keeping up

Styg

abunkerer
03-01-2004, 11:57 AM
eblades are a bit different that mags, they don't use as much air, so you can shoot faster with lower flow rates.
But I have only heard good things about the Crossfire tanks, I am suprised that they have problems keeping up considering that they make all these big claims of having the fastest reg made.

abunkerer
03-01-2004, 12:05 PM
the tank does make a difference. they have some new tanks like the nitroduck tuffskin tanks and the dye throttle tanks that are wrapped in a special carbon fiber that allows for use of a lighter thinner inner steel tank and this also gives you a few more ci.

If you want a really light tank get a carbon wrapped tank rated at 3000psi they are really light now compared to a 4500 tank. someone mentioned the aci bulldog, those are light tanks. Weight should not be an issue, its a matter of ounces between the heaviest and lightest, you want the best performing reg I learned this the hard way.

Mindflux
03-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by jtoothman25
not all the tanks are exactly the same. 3 companies make tanks on the most part. SCI, Luxfer, and Carleton. I'm talkin about fiber wrapped tanks here, the lightest you'd have for that price range. If you want a 68 ci, luxfer and carletons both weight 2.2 lbs, while the SCI has a 70 ci tank that weights 2.42 lbs. You can buy a tank without a reg, then buy the best reg for the best tank. Just make sure you know what you are doing. I've witnessed nothing but problems from a worrgass system, and crossfire's seem to be crap. I had a steel pure energy tank, and it never let me down, but only weighed me down.

~Josh

I have two crossfires with 0 problems. I know many others that swear by crossfire. I don't know what was in the pipe you were smoking, but Crossfire are pretty highly regarded. Their regs are high flowing and they use good quality tanks.

Smoke
03-01-2004, 12:34 PM
You can get a Crossfire 88/4500 for under 200 bucks on www.paintballgear.com . It's very light and from my experience is pretty reliable. It's abit harder to screw into and out of my drop, but maybe that's just my imagination. I also like the 2 burst disc things.

My Crossfire tank hasn't let me down yet.

robdamanii
03-01-2004, 12:38 PM
I too have a pair of crossfires that work flawlessly.

Nitroducks arent bad tanks either, and have worked very well on everything I've used them on.

abunkerer
03-01-2004, 12:45 PM
what are you guys using the crossfire tanks on?
LXemag ne1?

Smoke
03-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by abunkerer
what are you guys using the crossfire tanks on?
LXemag ne1?

LX RTP and LX Emag.

jtoothman25
03-01-2004, 01:16 PM
I dont know what you're smoking. My friends crossfire has mad shoot down at high rates of fire. Mine does too, but not as bad. My Fiber wrapped Crossfire also weighs more than my 68 ci STEEL tank. Nobody knows why. I've also only heard of one other crossfire, and he gets shootdown with it. Maybe its a bad match for the emag.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
03-01-2004, 01:35 PM
The crossfire tank that can't keep up is being used on a 4.0 Emag. We know it's the tank because we slapped the pure energy preset and it works, as well as a flatline on it.