PDA

View Full Version : cocker or mag

quazi224
02-29-2004, 05:40 PM
what would be better a minimag w/ x valve,intelliframe,dye gas thru grip,worrgames dropfoward,14in dye boomstick barrel,and a crossfire tank.OR a 2003 wgp vertical autococker w/a 14in dye boomstick barrel,orracle bolt,e blade,dead on drop foward,and crossfire tank.(what shoots faster and what has better performance)

laxkid
02-29-2004, 05:50 PM
I would rather have the cocker because it is ebladed but I would let I would try each before or i would try one like it if you see some one at your local field with one like it try it out and make a decision and the eblade would probably be faster because the mech nag doesnt have ult it is all personal preference

barberjohn
02-29-2004, 05:58 PM
cocker= shoot faster, quieter, probably more gas efficient
mag= more reilable, still shoots pretty fast, very small, light, etc.

first try them out, then just go with whatever feels the best for you.

Skywalker
02-29-2004, 06:40 PM
E blades rip, but I hate cockers.

laxkid
02-29-2004, 06:41 PM
hey skywalker what part of philly are you from

Skywalker
02-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Chestnut Hill, it's Northwest Philly, not hardcore philly

$tevo
02-29-2004, 07:14 PM
are you a tinkerer? they are both great markers, i think the minimag would cost less and you would get the most for your buck. but with cockers you can tinker all day long and upgrade alot more.

so its really preference

felony
02-29-2004, 07:17 PM
my friend spent the day on the bench cause his cocker would not fire.

I played all day with only shooting 10 balls over the chrono with my chrono. absolutley no probs with my emag

dan

lew
02-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Both guns are inherently reliable. Though, there is a lot more on a Cocker that someone can screw up. Cockers have a bit of a learning curve associated with them, but they are not to hard to master. If you are a tinkerer, the Cocker is the way to go, hands down. I would probably get the Cocker because I like them more than I do Mags, but I do have a fondness for Mags.

team unwanted
02-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Mag all the way,just becuase i dislike eblades ever so much.

Ken
02-29-2004, 09:52 PM
I think mags are quiet, you?

fdrsk8boarder
02-29-2004, 11:15 PM
skywalker laxkid where do u guys play at im from philly and just curious

o yea i have a eblade cocker and my cuz has a minimag xvalve i like both alot but i like my eblade better
rips really adjustable and basicly just a lot of options like they said if u like to tinker get the eblade

Barfly
02-29-2004, 11:22 PM
uhh that cocker is a better gun unless the person seriously screwed it up. From what I hear teh E-blade makes the learning curve on the cocker less, because you don't have to deal with timing issues.

Lethargic
03-01-2004, 12:23 AM
if you get a cocker, there is one cardinal rule ( and most any airsmith will tell you this) IF IT WORKS DON"T SCREW WITH IT!!!

The e-blade only makes the cocker more sensitive to untrained hands messing around with it. I help out at my sponsor's store most weekends and I can't tell you how many e-bladed cockers come into the store "broken" and leave with a work preformed sheet that basically states "reset settings." We tell teh kid not to jack with it, but they're right back the next weekend.

That said, that cocker really is better than that minimag, and thats coming from a hardcore mag user. The e-blade will help you rip quite a bit faster than a mechanical frame, and it just has some nice all-around upgrades. You're probably going to want to replace the front block at some point, get a better reg, and a few other things. I suggest getting to know you're local airsmith, as that can help you out enormously in the long run.

Pony Boy314
03-01-2004, 11:09 AM
If u have a gun u can use as a back up, then i would definatly go for the cocker. I know cockers are likly to breakdown, but as long as u have something else to play with u shouldnt worry. U can still have the performance from your cocker and not have to worry about missing games because of a gun down. Thats how I see it with my guns anyway.

Banshee23
03-01-2004, 01:35 PM
You're not really comparing apples to apples here... The minimag's a mech so obviously it's going to be slower & have a longer pull than the E-blade. The mini will cost less though as a result. What you should be comparing is an E-mag & the E-blade, similar in cost & speed. Also, consider that you will be spending more in upgrades on the cocker, it sound's like a superstock which means you'll be changing out the reg, ram, LPR, etc... which all together will probably be another $100-$150. The e-blade is nice but a e-mag would be nicer :)

FallNAngel
03-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Pony Boy314
I know cockers are likly to breakdown

That's a result from user error. Never had downtime with my mech cocker... Adding an electronic frame (after properly set up), further reduces down time.

Pony Boy314
03-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Sry, i ment that the cocker is more likly to break down when compared to the mag.

UltimatePaintballer
03-01-2004, 10:38 PM
i would say the cocker, you can customize it more, interesting gun, fun to play with(idk why i just tink they are) and once you master the cocker, you are ready for any gun. lots of money but fun to upgrade.

Now if you pick the mag, you will get a more reliable gun that you know will work everytime you are at the field(if it doesn't it isn't hard to fix), fun to upgrade but not as much money or stuff to buy. but hard to make it unique.

the reason i said that about the mag is, there arn't that many upgrades for it that no one or not that many people have.

bodies
ule, warp or no rise are the main i would say

trigger frames
z grip, intelli, or y

valves
x, rt, emag, classic, minimag

rail
stock or omega, any else?

grip or gas thrus
w/e you have really

so in my mind there aren't that many upgrades that you can choose from to make a totally unseen mag and way better then others.

FINAL CHOICE
WGP Autococker:D *sorry for my useless rant*

UltimatePaintballer
03-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by felony
my friend spent the day on the bench cause his cocker would not fire.

I played all day with only shooting 10 balls over the chrono with my chrono. absolutley no probs with my emag

dan

YOU HAVE A CHRONOGRAPH THAT CHRONOS, TAKES BPS, AND SHOOTS PAINT?!?!? NVM THE COCKER AND MAG, BUY THIS KIDS GUN!!!!

felony
03-01-2004, 10:44 PM
i should have bought it too.. never realized how nice of a chrono that was :eek: